The concept of categories in the Middle Ages

A place to discuss matters of bygone times that are forgotten, but are recovered so that humanity is no longer condemned to repeat history as it so often does.

Moderator: Moderators

Vesko

The concept of categories in the Middle Ages

See "The Great Chain of Being" (Latin "scala naturae"), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_chain_of_being.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Robanan

http://www.geocities.com/khola_mon/myth/Miraj.html

You will love to see the pictures of prophet Muhammed riding beautiful horses with beautiful female human heads. :) Buraq in arabic.

Note the legend of his purification before the ascension and how he was taken to see seven heavens and see paradise beyond the seventh heaven.
Vesko

Thank you for the informative link, Robanan.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Robanan

Always a pleasure :)
Psi

Robanan wrote:http://www.geocities.com/khola_mon/myth/Miraj.html

You will love to see the pictures of prophet Muhammed riding beautiful horses with beautiful female human heads.
It’s interesting to see how the truth becomes distorted. Clearly these paintings are a melding of two truths – both, no doubt, delivered to the Arabs by the people of Mu when they colonised the area.

In these paintings, the horses have the tail of a peacock – just as they did on Mu:
TP:
‘These are Akitepayos, Michel, which have long been extinct,’ it was explained to me.

This animal was the size of a very large horse, with a multi-coloured tail, which he sometimes spread like a fan, similar to the tail of a peacock. Its hindquarters were much broader than those of a horse; its body was of a comparable length; its shoulders emerging from the body like the carapace of a rhinoceros; and its forelegs were longer than its hindlegs. All of its body, except for the tail, was covered in long grey hair. When it galloped, I was reminded of the way our camels run.
And the horse in the painting also has the face of a woman and wings – just like the horses on Thiaoouba:
TP:
What really rendered me speechless, to the amusement of my friends, was the sight of horses bearing the heads of very pretty women - some blonde, others auburn or brown and even some with blue hair. As they galloped, they would often soar for tens of metres. Ah yes! In fact, they had wings, folded back against their bodies, which they made use of from time to time - something like the flying fish which follow or precede ships. They lifted their heads to see us and tried to rival the speed of the Lativok.

Thao reduced speed and altitude, enabling us to approach within several metres of them. There were more surprises ahead of me, as some of these horse-women cried out to us in a language that was recognisably human. My three companions answered in the same language, and the exchange was obviously a pleasant one. We didn’t linger long at that low altitude, however, as some of the horse-women soared to such heights, they almost touched our vehicle, thereby risking injury to themselves.
"The unexamined life is not worth living."
~ Socrates