Principles of a Spiritual Civilisation?

Do you want to change our current monetary system? Do you want to be involved in a project to INSPIRE billions of people by providing CONTRAST through EXAMPLIFYING yourself that a prosperous civilisation can be founded based on UNIVERSAL LAWS?

Moderator: Moderators

bomohwkl

Principles of a Spiritual Civilisation?

Principles of new civilizations

1. Universal laws apply.

2. The leader is elected on his/her spiritual maturity. The extend of yellow and preferrably golden halo around his/her head is used as a measure of selection. He/she would be the spiritual leader. The leader is assisted by six ministers. (The role of the 6 ministers are needed to be defined.)

3. Every person is given a role to maintain within the society. The role is selected depending the person's skills, capacity and the willingness to take the role to further develop him/herself. Such role should be able to derive enjoyment for the person involved in the duty.

I think we should limit to 10 principles as foundation of the new community with chronological importance. The above 3 are the most important and should be included as foundation. Objections of the 3 are welcome if you can find out a better alternative.
bomohwkl

As Vesko suggested and hence

4. The inhibitants of *** community/nation are required to be proficient in meditation, concentration and auric sighting.

How can we elect the leader if we cannot see aura.... so, I think the number 4 is the logical consequence of 2.
Marcus

These guys are full steam ahead with their eco-village http://www.greenedge.org

I think that we should take a leaf out of their book.
A village where community flourishes, in which every persons needs are supported, in balance with a sustainable ecological ethic
Bom, I urge you to register as a forum member. Most topics are covered in detail there.
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Marcus

These people are doing quite well. They rent the land they are on. Note that none of them have a conventional job and none receive Government payments.

http://www.cartersrd.org.au/
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Lena

bomohwkl wrote: 4. The inhibitants of *** community/nation are required to be proficient in meditation, concentration and auric sighting.
I don't think this rule is fair. I know someone who tries so hard to develope auric sight, and has even gone to aura seeing workshops, but still doesn't see them. and another one of my friends literally cannot calm her mind; if she ever tries to meditate she claims it "hurts" (I think there is something wrong in her brain). if these people want to develope their spirituality and live in a community without the monetary system I don't think it matters how much or how little they've already developed their meditation, concentration, or auric seeing skills, as long as they make an effort. we should welcome them as long as they have good intentions.

people who can't see auras will not participate in selecting a leader
ptex

Selecting a leader?

people who can't see auras will not participate in selecting a leader
I believe (and defend) that seeing the aura might not be the only accepted rule to consider for leader selection.
The example of such a possibility is given by Thao:
These district leaders elected a town leader as well as eight old people chosen
from among those most respected for their wisdom, common sense, integrity and
intelligence
Also rules would have to be in place to prevent any possible abuse of Power by any of the council members (the possibility of the other members of the council to overthrow the abuser).
I do believe we cannot really think of forcing people to have to meditate, concentrate or even willing to develop their spirituality. This would be unfair and would fall in the category of an act of discrimination and as such not very recommended (otherwise we would fall in the same traps this civilization has fallen so many times).

The subject of accepting people to be a part of the community is rather tricky. I have the example of a very good friend of mine, she: completely devoted to spiritual evolution through meditation, etc. but whose husband is not even slightly inclined towards spirituality still he is a marvellous person in every way (this would be clearly perceived by all those who can see and read auras, of course) and an inspiration to all those around him.
(...)if she ever tries to meditate she claims it "hurts" (I think there is something wrong in her brain).
The interesting thing is that when we put too much effort to achieve something we're actually forcing towards it and thus we're unable to succeed. Straining to exhaustion is notable not only for not producing results but even in some cases for producing just the opposite. I could quote a dozen of different Masters who say the very same thing. Your friend probably needs some guidance from a more experient friend / teacher who could steer her in her practice.

The most difficult thing regarding spiritual progress is that most of us are alone doing things by trial and error. Be it meditation, concentration, developing Auric sight, levitation, Astral Travel or whatever, we should take it easy not strain ourselves. This usually is the indicator of some sort of obsession which is obviously to be avoided. Doing a bit of honest self analysis we can quickly realize this and that maybe we should simply let go, relax, take everything as it comes... I myself made these mistakes many times and I've learned so far that only when I really let go of things I overcome the obstacles. This means that spirituality is also the daily (even constant) alertness of our relationship with everything and everyone else around us.
Robanan

ptex wrote:The most difficult thing regarding spiritual progress is that most of us are alone doing things by trial and error. Be it meditation, concentration, developing Auric sight, levitation, Astral Travel or whatever, we should take it easy not strain ourselves. This usually is the indicator of some sort of obsession which is obviously to be avoided. Doing a bit of honest self analysis we can quickly realize this and that maybe we should simply let go, relax, take everything as it comes... I myself made these mistakes many times and I've learned so far that only when I really let go of things I overcome the obstacles. This means that spirituality is also the daily (even constant) alertness of our relationship with everything and everyone else around us.
This is so true people. Ptex I concur with the rest of your post too.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
bomohwkl

I think the governing principles must be based on intelligence and love.
Most of the world problems are basically the result of the lack of either one or both.
The world would be such a nice place if everyone can cultivate and deepen such qualities.
I think that's what we should strike for by encourging people to cultivate those qualities irrespective whether they are believer of God or not and etc. Use it as a guidance principle of everything; from governing the country to interacting with people.