Donations option ready

News, announcements and technical support for the forum. Report any related problem and be sure it is going to be solved :).

Moderator: Moderators

ptex

Donations option ready

Following Lena's suggestion on the topic: viewtopic.php?p=7965#7965, we've just implemented the donation option to accept members donations at any time.

We created a Paypal account for this and also made a web page in the forum with some introductory text to donating and the reason for it.

Hope you like it. :)

Please let us know your opinion.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
shezmear

Nice call....
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
InfoSource

I too think the donation box idea at the top is a good idea, since people can contribute whenever they like

I'm hoping in the future to contribute money wise to the forum. I missed the old thread that had a time period to donate to the forum; I somehow missed that looking for new posts, and when I found that thread the time period had expired.

I have money I can give, and a credit card as a payment method, but I'm leery on using PayPal as a way to pay. In order to pay by credit card on PayPal I would need to get their premium account for a fee. I would rather have a way to give one time and not to set up an account.

Right now I'm unsure about online transactions, but I'll read up on it, and look at my options
ptex

Hi Shezmear and Infosource,

Thanks for your kind comments!
InfoSource wrote:I somehow missed that looking for new posts, and when I found that thread the time period had expired.
The expiration on that thread was only set for the voting but the thread always remained open. I just edited the post and now voting has been reopened. I think the thread you're referring to is: viewtopic.php?t=838
InfoSource wrote:In order to pay by credit card on PayPal I would need to get their premium account for a fee. I would rather have a way to give one time and not to set up an account.

Right now I'm unsure about online transactions, but I'll read up on it, and look at my options
Yes, I fully understand your concern regarding online transactions! In my country the banking system has got a quite secure solution with virtual credit cards issued online valid for 1 transaction only and with an amount limit set each time. But I also used real credit cards many times in those cases where virtual ones are not accepted.

Regarding Paypal, you don't really need a premium account to make payments, actually you don't need a Paypal account at all, only e-mail. Also I can confirm that there are no fees on the sender's side, only to the receiver (3.4% + 0,35 € (Euros)).
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth