connection between hearing and vision...

Discussion on technology and how it could be used to assist spiritual development and NOT enslave us. This includes technology that will help us live in harmony with Nature (e.g.: "Lifter" technologies that could replace the petrol driven engine). Also, discussion of past and current scientific thought so that gems are not buried in the sands of time, and spiritual progress through science is achieved.

Moderator: Moderators

Rezo

connection between hearing and vision...

hi

remember on thiaoouba they said if the background sounds of their plants or insects [which?] stopped, theyd have trouble seeing??

This is interesting to me, because, here on earth, we know that the human eye can develop nystagmus [random eye spastic movements] if too much warm water is poured into the ear....[due to the sensitive cochlea's sound transduction being affected]. Cochlea transduction travels into the corpus callosum, also where the optic chiasm is immediately posteriorly located, on the same structure [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Gray748.png].

Would it be possible to help eyesight with some sort of herbal tincture dropped into the ear? I dont know, but it would probably affect depth perception, not focusing i dont think. The problem with blurry vision like nearsightedness, is that light coming in isnt focused in the right place. Science admits the brain pathway for convergence/accommodation is not fully understood, so maybe theres a few pieces in this pathway that we are still not understanding, perhaps involving the chiasm somehow, and the blood-rich choroid tunic that supplies the eye in various ways.

Any ideas let me know. for now I just use pinhole glasses and take eyebright and qiju dihuang powder, and drink gacchi juice sometimes.