The "Celestine Prophecy" Movie

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Robanan

If you are intrested please do visit:

http://www.thecelestineprophecymovie.com/
Last edited by Robanan on Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomJansen

Thanks for the link Robanan.

I read the book twice and I think it's really beautiful :flower:

I'm now reading it's continuation and will want to re-read that one as well,
because I think, like it is with TP and TFOC, one will not find all gems the first time.
Robanan

That is very true tomjansen, the book is beautiful indeed and it certainly needs attentive reading. I myself tried to verify the truthfulness of the Celestine insights in life even though I knew that the story of the Celestine Prophecy didn't really happen. Then, on my search for the third insight I stumbled upon TFOC and then TP. :wink:
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Bastian

Robanan wrote:..the book is beautiful indeed a ... even though I knew that the story of the Celestine Prophecy didn't really happen. ..
Exactly my thoughts :P a very beautiful story. In my opinion it is fiction.. (hope no one is upset with me saying that!)
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching
Psi

It's interesting how James Redfield is now a publishing phenomenon, and yet when he wrote The Celestine Prophecy, no publisher would touch it. He had to put up his own money and self-publish. Only when it took off did a 'real' publisher buy it and reissue it internationally. Now, of course, James could publish his laundry list (as Stephen King once said about himself).

It's all about perception - having a vision and showing others., And, of course, timing. Now, more than ever, we need spiritual works of art.

More power to him, and to others who show the Way.
"The unexamined life is not worth living."
~ Socrates
Robanan

I have edited the link in the first post above, so it may direct to the correct location. I have watched all the trailers, it's fascinating how can we use technology to our utimate benefit these days, as the job which has been done upon the making of that movie is excellent, I really appreciate their efforts.

Also you can register on the movie forum, at http://forum.cpflow.com/

It looks like it's been out already, but not everywhere...
survivor

Psi wrote:It's interesting how James Redfield is now a publishing phenomenon, and yet when he wrote The Celestine Prophecy, no publisher would touch it. He had to put up his own money and self-publish. Only when it took off did a 'real' publisher buy it and reissue it internationally. Now, of course, James could publish his laundry list (as Stephen King once said about himself).

It's all about perception - having a vision and showing others., And, of course, timing. Now, more than ever, we need spiritual works of art.

More power to him, and to others who show the Way.
Speaking of Celestine Prophecy, apparently some 20 odd yrs ago, Michael Meanwell from (http://www.meanwell.com) wrote a novel that was likened to "celestine prophecy".

This commitment began at 17 when he wrote his first novel (which has since been likened to Celestine Prophecy) and the publication of poetry and articles in newspapers.
Link :arrow: http://www.enterprisingwriter.com/aboutus.htm
an act against {free will} is an act against nature
Zio

I asked my brother to rent it (it's at the bottom of the list)... does it contain anything that is contraversial to christianity? Or at worse I can just say it's fiction. (and it really is, i think o_O)