TP the Movie?

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

soulrider

TP the Movie?

:shock: :wink:

Why don't we turn it into a movie? That's been on my mind since reading the book well over 10 years ago now. I've ALWAYS thought the book needed to be put to film for a few reasons. I designed some images from what I saw from the book years ago in a 3D program. eg: Mu, Lativok, Doko's incl. Golden Doko etc. [I'm searching for those in my archive]

After noticing Celestine Prophecy & Peaceful Warrior are now movies based on great books, why not have the ultimate of all books turned into a flic?

Maybe it could touch a few people that would not normally read or believe the book?

I have a background in Design/Animation and I can picture scenes in my head that can only now be almost done right with special effects. Anyone here think they could write a screen play of the book? Is it worth the effort?

thanks for your time
Jam

PS: I've contacted Tom regarding © etc...
Always remember you're unique, like everybody else.
Robanan

There are a few problems, the smallest one of which is that, people will not be compelled to read the book if there's such a movie around.

If the movie is to bring everything to the screen, then it has to be the best approximation to Michel's experience, watched from a third eye point of view. I don't think that michel is intrested in reproducing that experience into a movie, but we can ask Tom or the Meanwells, maybe.

I believe any other effort that would fail to give the best approximation to Michel's experience on the screen, would be a waste of effort and time, while it will alienate people away from the book, therfore the message, in the end.
bomohwkl

I think it is worth of attempts.
The book is an approximation of Micheal' experience anyway. Furthermore, how far the movie departed from the messages from the book depends on who are going to edit it.
Such movie is just to raise the awareness. If people who have seen the movie and who are really seeking the truth, they will eventually buy the book anyway or even the DVD of the movie.
Robanan

Well, bomo I do agree. The informative part of the movie can be underlined by recent findings, and so on... but still I'm actually asking what do we have to go about such a quest?
NJones

I have always wondered why they didn't just record the whole of Michels trip and put in on YouTube!
Robanan

hmmm.... at year 2087 maybe :D
Zio

NJones wrote:I have always wondered why they didn't just record the whole of Michels trip and put in on YouTube!
The Thiaooubians will not be that stupid to let everyone know that quickly, remember they can only help until a certain limit. And don't try to hide the camera, they can reeeeeeaaaaad your mind~~~ oouh! 8)

A big screen movie production WOULD be too much. We must start small, like a TV serie, or just PLAIN FLASH. Why not? Does anyone of you make animation? Like real ones and have completed some? Why not make it an Anime :P ? nah, cost too much. We got all the ideas, but putting it in an art form is really hard. The simplest is litterature (and it's really hard already, trust me I know :D ), and Michel did that. Putting in graphic is one of the hardest.

P.S: Soulrider, NICE PIC :D
Alisima

Zio wrote:Does anyone of you make animation?
You seem to have noticed Soulrider's pic, but not that he has a, and I quote:
Soulrider wrote:...background in Design/Animation...
Don't read my signature.
survivor

OOOh, Soulrider, have you worked with MadMan Productions? They did the "kenny" film and have another one coming out soon, called [Noise]; I have a very small part in that, But I'm all for a Movie about the journey/experience Michel had for 9 days.
an act against {free will} is an act against nature
soulrider

Thanks for the comments people. They're very much appreciated :wink:

survivor: I haven't worked with MadMan, but I know thier work. I've worked a bit with Act3, Animal Logic, ABC and more. I now freelance out for that stuff. Great to see you have a cameo in a flic. 8)

ZIO: I understand your concerns mate, but please bare in mind that what I do is visual stuff, so creating a visual for a piece of text is what I do day in day out, so for me it's easier to create an image than it is to write this reply :wink:

Flash is garbage and restricted for what would be needed. A series is almost impossible to get off the ground. Anime? dude, that's worse than flash. Plus they're quite cheap compared to what I was thinking. What we need is real world 3D animation for a project like this, which the image above was done in. It's a fully animatable Thiaoouba btw. [plz don't take offence to ANY of my comments, as I mean no disrespect to anyone]

Maybe a documentry is the answer? Any ideas or screen plays welcome :D

I realise how big this project is, but am still keen to create some sort of visual medium, even if its just for my viewing pleasure. I also realise we'd never be able to represent Michel's experience to the letter, but I'm confident, with the help of all the knowledge here, that we'd get pretty bloody close. This site has so many smart people on it, we'd be sure to pull it off :!: :wink:
Zio

Alisima wrote:
Zio wrote:Does anyone of you make animation?
You seem to have noticed Soulrider's pic, but not that he has a, and I quote:
Soulrider wrote:...background in Design/Animation...
Of course I did notice, that's why I said: "Like real ones and have completed some?" But since Soulrider said:
so creating a visual for a piece of text is what I do day in day out, so for me it's easier to create an image than it is to write this reply
Then I got my answer :P I had another meaning of "Background" :roll: :wink:
It's a fully animatable Thiaoouba btw
Hum... yes, but can you do Michel in 3D? 8) I would be glad to help, even though I don't know how, then I guess I'm not helping at all :shock: :D

Sorry if you posted it somewhere else, but can I see your work? You must have animated quite a lot, and I wanna see it :)
Maybe a documentry is the answer
I was thinking of doing almost exactly what is written in TP, what do you think? But then we would have copyright problems, until we have approvement from Tom, no :?: :twisted:

What kind of documentary? Like the japanese TV report of Michel but in 3D? Who will make the voice acting? Us or official ppl? Who else can animate beside you Soulrider?
soulrider

ZIO mate, I think we're getting caught up in the little things. eg: Michel being 3D? Although I can create realistic characters, sometimes its best to use actors. A mix of real world and 3D would be sweet. That being said, there's a lot of work involved in any aspect of this venture.

So you seek proof of my work? :shock: :lol: :wink:

My website is: http://JamstaGrafix.com [it's still under construction - I never seem to have time for my own work, just clients] You wont find any animation on there yet, I'm yet to increase the server size to warrant the large movie files. If you want to checkout some of the animation I was involved in [I haven't done much for a while now], then head to http://www.act3animation.com and have a look around. There's plenty of samples to download there.
shezmear

soulrider wrote:ZIO mate, I think we're getting caught up in the little things. eg: Michel being 3D? Although I can create realistic characters, sometimes its best to use actors. A mix of real world and 3D would be sweet. That being said, there's a lot of work involved in any aspect of this venture.

So you seek proof of my work? :shock: :lol: :wink:

My website is: http://JamstaGrafix.com [it's still under construction - I never seem to have time for my own work, just clients] You wont find any animation on there yet, I'm yet to increase the server size to warrant the large movie files. If you want to checkout some of the animation I was involved in [I haven't done much for a while now], then head to http://www.act3animation.com and have a look around. There's plenty of samples to download there.
I think it is a great idea, soulrider I went to your site, there is some nice work there, also up front I know next to nothing about creating or working with CGI, makeing a movie about TP crossed my mind a while back, Brett and I spoke at lenght about it, and I even spoke to CGI guy that I know that is doing some film clips for me, so I reco go for it,Big job, also taking into account that the story can`t be changed, it`s a long story to put in CGI,but also if you could get the colours right, and it was done property it would be wonderful.

I`m prity tied up in my own stuff but soulrider, if you want to chat more or you need a hand or someone to bounce ideas off let me know..
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
ptex

soulrider wrote:Maybe a documentary is the answer? Any ideas or screen plays welcome :D
Soulrider, that's a marvelous suggestion in my opinion! I confess that the documentary idea immediately "popped" in my mind even before reading your post and this suggestion. A documentary could be based on certain aspects of TP that already exist nowadays. There's a screenplay part in a documentary too because we need to know and plan exactly what we're going to document.

I believe all other ideas regarding producing a movie would likely result in a tremendous disappointment to everyone, specially those familiar with Michel's message as is our case. Why is that so? Because a screenplay writer would have to write the whole plot based on Michel's story, there's no way we can be certain that a suitable and faithful screenplay writer would do it and after that you still have the producers and director, and even if the screenplay writer got the accurate story on paper, then the producers / director would still make all kinds of embellishments possible: they have endless meetings to decide how the plot goes before shooting, even though the movie is based on a screenplay which is based on a book of a true story. So, in view of this and in my opinion, it's way too risky to proceed in this direction. You are probably aware that the authors and screenplay writers don't have any role or participation what-so-ever in the design of the last stages of producing / directing of a movie...

A documentary is easier to write and produce (usually) and facts and recent discoveries can be narrated in a progressive, imaginative and captivating way, without the potential damage that a big screen production could induce to TP.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Zio

I don't know if it's just me, but an animated documentary? To be honest, I've never seen that type of movie. Usually documentaries use real actors or even based on people's interviews and animations like you do are used for games, science-fiction or any made-up stories.

I've got an idea like that, and it's only an idea, but why not make a story? It could be a story of an average Joe who discovers TP and the sense of Life, like Celestine Prophecy (XD). Or why not our own life story? I mean like "inspired by true stories" :D ? We can animated how some of us feel when doing OBE... ok nm, just a stupid idea... maybe.