Advanced Meditation

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Rapa Nui

Advanced Meditation

Hey all!

I'm new to the forum but I've been following the path of TP since about 3 years now. I'm glad to be here with you all :)

My question is about meditation.. Now I do have a good conception about the overall 'stages' a person goes through but I would really love if some advanced brothers can share their experiences.

When I meditate, I start by relaxing my whole body, quite the same way it goes in hypnosis. Then I clear my mind and try to keep a perfect blank page in front of me.

I keep doing that until a 'snap' happens when I feel as if I'm quite outside my body, or as if I entered another dimension. Then I try to move in different places.

Now.. I've been able to do some astral traveling and I'm familiar with how it feels, but I'm wondering about the process in which we start to elevate into further finer dimensions. Possibly moving from a body to a higher body (etheric, astral, mental, buddhic etc.)

My question is: Do we aquire this by accumilated experiences only? Or are there any recommendations or methods that are needed in order to move further?

Thanks in advance!
survivor

Re: Advanced Meditation

Hi Rapa Nui, welcome.

I too relax BUT as I have not been hypnotised I cannot compare. When I'm fully relaxed and the mind leaves the physical world, I invite the color pink to fill my eyes. At times this allows me to advance project, such as the "rocket boost", shoot straight up into the realm, BUt the actual 'rush' (thrill) can bring me back down as quick as I left.

The only places I have been to using the "rocket boost"..is the stars and a planet? which inhabits ~ Egyptian times. :pharaoh:
an act against {free will} is an act against nature
Alisima

Rapa Nui wrote:My question is: Do we aquire this by accumilated experiences only? Or are there any recommendations or methods that are needed in order to move further?
Why do you want to move further?
Don't read my signature.
shezmear

Alisima wrote:
Rapa Nui wrote:My question is: Do we aquire this by accumilated experiences only? Or are there any recommendations or methods that are needed in order to move further?
Why do you want to move further?
Because he/she has the freedom of choice....
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Robanan

Hi Rapa Nui, Welcome to the forum! :D
Rapa Nui wrote:I'm wondering about the process in which we start to elevate into further finer dimensions. Possibly moving from a body to a higher body (etheric, astral, mental, buddhic etc.)
I don't have knowledge about moving to etheric, astral, mental bodies or what is buddhic body whatsoever. But it seems logical that you can explore your other 8 bodies, including your physical body with the help of your astral body when you are Out of your Body (astral body exits the physical body).
Also, Tom J. Chalko says the best place you want to be when out of body is with your personal Teacher -your own Higher-Self, have you explored this possibility?

You might want to read "The Freedom of Choice" written by Tom Chalko, and re-read "Thiaoouba Prophecy" to find clues about what possibilities are available to you when you are having an OBE.

You can find a lot of good information that could help you, at: http://www.bioresonant.com/cgi-bin/star ... forum.html

For example:
Tom J. Chalko says: Your Higher Self is like the best TEACHER you can imagine. It KNOWS your potential. If your "questions" are silly and irrelevant, what does a good teacher do? Doesn't a good teacher make you understand that you are wasting time? Doesn't a good teacher point your attention to something that you should learn FOR REAL?

Note, that your "questions" determine the range and scope of answers you can get. Work on your questions, otherwise you will always feel strange and silly when you get an answer from someone truly intelligent, like your Higher Self.

As to telepathy - you are ALREADY practicing it, by "asking questions" and getting responses. This IS telepathy.

By far, the easiest "messages" to communicate when we are fully awake are FEELINGS. You can even start practicing with animals. Try to send a "message of love" to a dog - and in a few seconds the dog will express its appreciation. Of course, you have to MEAN your feelings for the dog, not just recite abstract "words" in your mind.

The hardest messages to communicate telepathically seem to be "abstract" messages, out-of-context words, sentences and complex images.

I agree with you that "escaping physical life" is not a very good motive for going out of body. I admire your self-observation. Remember, that you have decided YOURSELF to live in a physical body. Try to make the MOST of it.

Also, try do find better reasons for going "out". Possiblilities are endless. Exploring the Universe used to be my favourite. A very good method is to ASK your Higher Self "can you PLEASE show me what I should learn TODAY?" Guess what a good teacher does when you keep doing your homework... [Tom]

You can find the whole discussion at http://bioresonant.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.c ... 5414510301

Happy hunting :wink:
Rapa Nui

Thanks Robanan,

I truely believe in what you said, I've read the Freedom of Choice several times and I'm familiar with Dr. Chalko's views. I totally agree with them as well.

So basically what you advise is to keep doing the same thing, practicing to get out of the body, but then ask for guidance from the higher self instead trying to wander myself with my limited knowledge. This totally makes sense.

However I would ask two questions:

- According to this, I can only be out of my body in my 'Astral Body' or let me say in only one form, and through this body I can perceive all other dimensions. Which means that there is only one way to get out of the physical body. Is this true?

- What are the factors that would limit our journey to finer places of the creation? It totally makes sense that merits play a basic role in this, as we are not supposed to be in finer places if we didn't lead an ethical life. So in conclusion, the best thing to do is to lead a balanced and ethical life, living up to our physical potential, and practicing meditation to percieve the reality above this physical realm with the guidance of the higher self, right?

Previously I was wondering if there are several methods of concentration, possibly one for each dimension, but now it makes sense that there is a single way to get outside the body and proceed from there.

Maybe it's the same procedure in each level, eg. Physical Body (concentrate to get out) -> Astral Body (then concentrate to still the consciousness further) -> Finer plane etc.

I've noticed that when I come back to the body, its like waking up several times until I wake up to the physical body, hence my perception above.

Did I get all right? Any comments?

Thanks!
Rezo

Ive always believed that the mind and emotions have to be as clear and honest as possible, even just to get out of the body - consciousness resources are being used up and theres not enough 'power' to do it. May not always be the case but usually negative feelings are a large power drain in the astral vehicle, its been shown in examples by Masaru Emoto and others how emotions affect water. Guess what most of our body is made up of. Check out his work online, its amazing. Of course by 'negative' I mean feelings that dont feel comfortable to have, or feelings that cause one to feel disconnected in some way, from the universe, a little. Anyway the site is http://www.masaru-emoto.net/english/entop.html. Great photographs.

Learning the skill from another individual, is not very easy for us to do, one b/c we cant see auras that well for the most part, and two b/c theres too much doctrine or 'reactive jargon' in the other direction away from the religious doctrine, like a 'science rebellion' when the jargon at its core simply reflects the very same doctrine/dogma, I think. In this respect I would be interested to read, if any, ancient writings that still may exist that instruct how to do this skill, w/o the embedded guilt / endulgance duality involved...perhaps tibetan? taoist? I havent found any yet. In the meantime I look to my dreams for this experience, and the web, hoping for a solution to this. Perhaps if they mention higher self or 'oversoul,' these sources may talk about astral travel as well.

Its training involved, requires time and patience, can be fun sometimes. Due to the nature of it, astral travel [AT] and meditation are special skills. Some describe AT as 'trying to learn to walk again,' - for us today, many do not consciously dream even - so our astral bodies are not only inundated w/physical and emotional clutter daily in many forms beyond our control [and we are], but the current can become atrophied [generally speaking, and there are exceptions, I dont promote statistics]. And while I think focusing directly on the deeper sensations is a distraction, I also think ignoring them will not help one to project much at all, if that is a goal youre willing to commit time to achieving. We need to concentrate and meditate as well [alternate] to do this. I think Alisima hinted that the type of things we concentrate on while in such a state [and before, during waking existence], become important determining factors in what happens next - Its a very delicate state at first just to create - or explain how it happens really. Some site seem good at this. Im looking at the site:

http://www.astralvoyage.com/projection/ ... tml#taking

It seems helpful in answering some questions regarding astral travel. Check it out, but keep in mind she does seem to promote the monroe institute, which in itself is nothing wrong, but that institute and many others in this field, support and fully endorse the use of technologies like hemi-sync and binaural beats, or others cleverly described to seem differrent, like holosync, and others. Do a search in this forum or at http://www.thefreedomforum.com , for 'binaural beats' and see what I mean. Search the web also, look how many brands there are now. Its an automated mantra-program essentially, with edited frequencies deliberately set to alter your brianwaves FOR you. Much different than singing bowls [or is it?]. Maybe the singing bowls were a backward step in evolution on earth? Hmmmmmm....
Last edited by Rezo on Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
survivor

'bouncing earth'

Besides me, has anybody else (over the past 6months) get a vibrational feeling that the earth occasionally "bounces"?
Rezo

survivor could you explain what you mean by 'bouncing'? what does it feel like to you?

btw for anyone who mightve had trouble w/the link to Toms site try http://www.thefreedomforum.com - then type 'astral travel' or 'meditation' into the search engine, or 'motives'.
survivor

Rezo wrote:survivor could you explain what you mean by 'bouncing'? what does it feel like to you?
Have you been to a carnival, where they have a "jumping castle"..you know, filled with hot air and children jump up and down on them.....well, it's like the feeling you get if you were to stand still on a "jumping castle".
Rapa Nui

Hey All,

I found most of my answers in this book:

Adventures Beyond the Body (William Buhlman)

In it he describes being outside his body from his personal journal, then decribe delving into further higher bodies. Many conceptions of mine got clearer with reading it. I advise you to read it.

Has anyone read the book (THE ASTRAL WORLD) by Swami Panchadasi? Its free on the net and gives a very nice idea about the Astral platform as well. Check it.
Alisima

It is a nice book to get you interested. I also recommend Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. Although half the book is full with methods/techniques on how to get you outside of the body, which, in your case, is quite useless, it also contains the more advanced stuff, to get you, as you said, moving further. Try http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/index.php too, if you haven't already. Although all this stuff has little to do with meditation.
Don't read my signature.