Suggested Diet

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Bastian

Re: Misinformation and other diet suggestions

aisin wrote:.. I'm not trying to discredit any medical research, it's just that there's too much cluster to effectively filter out the gems. Of course we still need vitamins, it's just that natural food is always a better option compared to artificial supplements or fortified food.
Yes I agree. Better to stick to the natural sources for these vitamins, and other nutrients as our understanding is too limited to try and improve on what nature has provided for us. For instance compounds in plants are known to behave as 'synergists' -- they work together, and when you start to refine and consume just one phytochemical from the plant then we can run into problems. Beta-carotene is a good example as normally carrots are considered cancer preventative, and yet when people refine and consume huge amounts of beta-carotene there is an increased risk of cancer.
Synergies often double the rates of biological activities, but sometimes increase them an order of magnitude or two or more. Plants usually contain synergistic suites of phytoprotective chemicals which are often responsible for their medicinal uses as well.
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching
survivor

Re: Vegans and Vitamin B12

Bastian wrote:Vitamin B12 is an issue for Vegans (as they consume no animal products), but it wont be a problem for vegetarians who eat dairy products.
Spirulina contains many vitamins / including Vitamin B12.

..to consume or not to consume meat

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pg 33 Thiaoouba prophecy
‘Their immediate need was food. Still they were subsisting essentially from
products of the sea, resorting occasionally to cannibalism to satisfy their
omnivorous yearnings. They needed vegetables and a source of meat. Vegetables,
fruit trees, grains, animals - all that was edible had disappeared from the planet.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pg 33 Thiaoouba Prophecy
Next, we had to re-introduce livestock, plants and trees on the planet according
to the species known to have adapted climatically in specific regions before the
catastrophe. This too, was relatively easy...’
‘It must have taken years for such a task!’
A large smile lit up Thao’s face. ‘It took just two days - two 21-hour days.’

Also, when Tom Chalko talks of 'why would you eat meat'.... he usually follows it up with "do you know what diseases the animal had, before it died".
Lena

I suppose it would be okay to consume animals if they were in good health and their enviroments unpolluted. neither are true if you buy meat from the grocery store today. those poor animals are fed hormones, anti-biotics, and toxins, and are in horrible health before they're slaughtered. usually, even free-range and organic livestock are exposed to pollutants that humans are exposed to. according to Tom, the body deposits these extra toxins in your flesh until you get the chance to properly dispose of them, so if you eat meat you're probably eating a great deal concentrated toxins, too. you are what you eat.
survivor

..and this re:Continent Of Mu

(underline and bold is mine)

pg 100 TP
When, at the end of the street, we found ourselves in a large town square, I was
surprised to see no boutiques or the like. Instead, there was a covered market
where ‘stalls’ displayed all manner of goods that the heart, or palate, might desire.
There were fish, among which I recognised tuna, mackerel, bonitoes and rays;
there was meat of many varieties as well as an incredible assortment of
vegetables.
ShahKorR

Everything in moderation!!!!!
Everything has a benefit as long as you balance it out. Meat has benefits just like vegetables. Unfortunately most things people eat are corrupted by societies ways of food production,adding un-natural products to increase longevity for mass production, artificial flavours and colours. It sends tingles down my spine when i think about it! All in the attempt to copy what nature does already! This is another example of what western Society does to its populace and the world. The world of profit where they would rather use chemicals to create an artifical extract to flavour food because they cant mass produce natural food and export it without rotting("hello" thats why its like that in the first place) we werent supposed to mass produce and try to copy nature!!!(now i have that off my chest)
So unless your producing the vegetables yourself its hard to avoid the things that are bad.There is no healthy way to eat in western Society unless you take matters into your own hands.

p.s sorry about the ranting peoples I have trouble staying focused when dealing with such ridiculousness that we have to live around. It just goes back so far
Love and Light
Chao
When goodness grows weak,
When evil increases,
I make myself a body.
In every age I come back
To deliver the holy,
To destroy the sin of the sinner,
To establish righteousness.

~ Bhagavad Gita
survivor

Agree to all of your post ShahKorR, ......its just that a small % of forum members are unsure about eating meat, they’re wondering if it's against universal law and the answer is NO, But because we live in different times, it now leads us to your post, . And I'm really [if I don't refrain, offensive language will be detected] with food company’s who lace product with dangerous chemicals. :!:

..and just yesterday, I did contemplate a new thread re: chemicals in food.
bomohwkl

From Superfoods for Optimum Health - Chlorella and Spirulina
How to Take Chlorella & Spirulina
Let’s talk about how much chlorella and spirulina you should actually take. The following figures are based on an average 150-pound adult. Adjust proportionally to your own body weight.
Spirulina
• Disease-fighting dose: 20 grams / day
• Maintenance dose: 10 grams / day
• Athlete dose: as much as 60 grams / day
• Upper limit: there is no upper limit. You can eat spirulina like food. If you eat “too much,” you will simply get full.
Chlorella
• Disease-fighting dose: 10 grams / day
• Maintenance dose: 5 grams / day
• Upper limit: there is no upper limit, but introduce chlorella into your diet gradually and monitor your stools. Since chlorella can result in mild diarrhea in some persons, introduce it slowly. (Your body will adapt over a period of a few weeks, allowing you to take more.)
Once again, most people take far too little of these foods. I’ve seen people take two tiny tablets of chlorella -- about 300mg -- and declare they’ve “taken my chlorella for the day!” That’s like eating one bite of broccoli and expecting to receive the full health benefits of broccoli.
In order to be effective, you’ve got to take the much larger doses mentioned above. If you buy chlorella in tiny tablets, as it is often sold, that means taking a handful of tablets with each meal. Here’s a tip: don’t count out the tablets every single time. Count them once so you know what five grams looks like. After that, just grab a handful and toss it down your throat. It doesn’t matter if it’s off by a few tablets. Remember: these aren’t drugs. You don’t have to be exact about it, just make sure you’re getting at least the doses mentioned above.
There’s no harm in taking more, of course. Aside from the health benefits I’ve described here, the main thing you’ll notice is that your stools will turn green. This is an indication that you’re getting a good dose of chlorella and spirulina into your diet. If your stools aren’t green, you aren’t taking enough.
10gram?!!! I think i only take 3gram a day or less. I just sprinkle it ontop of my food. My co-workers are mostly shocked when my breakfast become GREEN.

GREEN stools.... :shock: :D :lol:
Rezo

and theres no bad side effects from such a large dose? wow sounds amazing.

im trying to decide which is better, afa or other kinds of bluegreen algae. right now im in luck to have each so i just switch [folks bought/share it], but lately ive gravitated more to the greens powder with all the vegee/fruits contained in them.

how about edible flowers?

http://www.manataka.org/page167.html

Im not sure as with bach flowers, if they help chakras or glands - or even just physical health, but their colors are often monochromatic I would think. Any books out there on eating flowers for health? havent found one yet but think there could be a possibility there.
doesnt yoga say chakras are petal-like in shape? Of course theyre 3-d or 4-d shaped, not 2-d like we always think of things. but seems an interesting possibility. of course many foods are nice and colorful like various melons and tropical fruits. beets are great cleansers and though they have a deeper color it still is great to juice.

also im looking for more affordable versions of wheat grass juicers apparently theyre pretty expensive! tried wheatgrass powder just doesnt seem to have the same effect on me as the juice itself.