Healing, Physical Immortality, Spiritual Evolution

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Vesko

Healing, Physical Immortality, Spiritual Evolution

The following is from the newsletter of A.R.E (Association for Research and Enlightenment, http://www.edgarcayce.org) sent to subscribers on May 21, 2004. It is interesting reading, especially the possible healing of Achilles. The emphasis in bold is mine.
"The cycle of life's forces and of earth's influence manifested in the Universe, brings many of that period (Troy) in the present earth's period."

--Edgar Cayce [1925]

EDGAR CAYCE'S INSIGHTS ON MYTHIC TROY
In addition to confirming insights from the Trojan Myth, much like an eyewitness observer, Cayce was able to detail information and people not recorded by history. From Cayce's clairvoyant perception of the past, individuals like Achilles, Hector, Helen, and others were flesh-and-blood personalities who faced extraordinary events that, in time, would become the basis of legend.

ACHILLES: Achilles had been born near Athens and had received all of the advantages of the day, enabling him to become a gifted warrior, and a man known for his physical and mental prowess. He excelled with the use of the spear, bow and axe. Because of the influence of his mother and because of coming into contact with various political figures of the day, he rose in stature and prominence among his own people.

Cayce said that the soul who had been Achilles developed a desire to be of help to each and everyone whom he contacted - and that desire continued into his present day lifetime. He was also advised by Cayce to draw upon the strength of Achilles in his business dealings when faced with personal challenges that included ruthless people and their unscrupulous methods.

Achilles died after having been wounded in the heel, resulting in gangrene and blood poisoning. Regarding the question of how he had "regressed" or not lived up to his abilities, Cayce pointed to the fact that it had not been necessary for him to die from that particular injury. He had erred by not choosing to quiet himself, be still, and enter into a state of consciousness in which he could have literally overcome his physical suffering and healed himself. Cayce's advice in the present was simply to: "Be still - and listen to the voice from within."

HECTOR: Contrary to the mythic account of Hector's nobleness, kindness, honor, and loyalty, the Edgar Cayce information provides quite a different portrayal of the Trojan prince. In fact, Cayce suggests that Hector was known as "the usurper" and "the one without heart," implying that he had stolen the throne and had become a tyrant. The Cayce information contends that the real Hector was so hated by his people that a number of Trojans allied themselves with the Greeks, hoping that the Greek hero Achilles would liberate them from their oppressive and despotic ruler. Apparently even the Trojans knew Achilles' fame as a noble hero. The readings suggest that Achilles was truly loved by the masses and known for being a champion of "freedom to the common peoples."

HELEN: Cayce stated that Helen was literally kidnapped and taken from Greece to Troy, but he also suggests that these two powers had been looking for an excuse to go to war. The kidnapping of Helen was simply a pretext for a war that had long been desired on both sides. Part of the rationale for war had apparently been an effort to bring freedom to the common people, but rather than freedom, the war had instead promoted revenge and conflict among many average citizens.

Some individuals involved in the conflict gained great strides at a soul level, even in the face of adversity. One person was told that he had originally been a Trojan and a defender of the gate and had been seriously injured. After the city was overtaken by the Greeks, however, he learned "brotherly love" in response to the care and healing that was given to him by the very people who had once been his enemies.

Throughout the information related to the City of Troy, Cayce emphasizes the "gains and losses" from a soul perspective for each individual who was involved in that conflict. Even under the most adverse conditions, each person can gain insight, knowledge, understanding, skills and abilities that can be brought forward in future life experiences.
Kestrel

So death is a choice possibly? That if we are ever seirously injured and our physical body remains intact, that we can if determined surive ?

Its late I might be missing the point, care to elaborate for me ?
Vesko

No, you are not missing the point at all. Death is a choice, even on this planet and on the first category. This is not written explicitly in the book, but here's my personal (you say if it is) logical interpretation and conclusion.

At page 80 of the online edition of the Book:
It can only be enriched spiritually - not materially. The physical body is merely a vehicle which, in most cases we abandon when we die.

‘I will elaborate, for I see that ‘in most cases’ has confused you. By this, I mean that some of us, including all on our planet, are able to regenerate the cells of our bodies at will.
The emphasis in bold is mine. Doesn't something strike you as strange in the phrase?
If the sentence were "I mean that some of us are able to regenerate the cells of our bodies at will", I would find nothing strange as "us" could then ONLY stand for them (the Thiaooubans), so ONLY they are able to regenerate their bodies at will.

If the sentence were "I mean that (including) all on our planet are able to regenerate the cells of our bodies at will" -- again it would mean that only the Thiaooubans are able to regenerate at will.

But the sentence is "some of us, including all on our planet". In this case, "us" could mean only one thing -- humans in general, and more precisely, humans in general on all categories of planets.

The book that directed my thinking to interpret the sentence properly was "Living with the Himalayan Masters" by Swami Rama, written in the 70's (I read it in 2000). Feeling that the book is frankly written, I was very puzzled by the mention that a few yogis have achieved stopping of ageing. A particular real instance (one of a couple in the book, I think) that was described in the book, was of a yogi who looked around 70 years of age when another person was a kid, and when the kid grew old to about the same age, the yogi looked at the same age, and was still alive at around 150 years. So that got me thinking and I found the answer somewhat hidden in the book, if you agree with me.
Swami Rama is quick to write that this is complete fantasy for the common people.
Since the previous post was from a reading done by Edgar Cayce, I must say that Edgar Cayce has also said in at least one place out of his 14,000 readings (only a few of which I have read) he has written (I'm writing the following from memory) that if man lives according to the will of God, his physical body will live as long as he wants. That was the gist of the sentence. That was in his medical readings, and I remember the reading as a whole was somewhat abstruse and steeped in symbolism (as most of the rest are), but this sentence in it was clear enough, and there was absolutely no doubt that it pertained to the physical body. I am sorry I cannot quote it here right now, but it should not be difficult to find it again. By the way, Edgar Cayce readings are a big pain to people who don't know English well, but of course we have mostly natural English speakers here (and I am not one of them, so please feel free to correct me).

Here's a related post of mine from 2001 on Tom's The Freedom of Choice Reader Forum (http://www.thefreedomforum.com):
Vesko wrote:Tom, in regard to categories of planets, it seems the Great Intellect does not put a limit to what we can achieve on a particular category. For a good reason, it seems only the physical environment is limited in comparison with other categories, but the intellect is not limited at all. For example, after reading The Book, I closely examined some other books written by distinguished yogis that never had anything to do with sects. They stressed personal development and the Freedom of choice.

One such book is "Living with the Himalayan Masters" by Swami Rama. It is interesting to note how many of the things written in "Thiaoouba Prophecy" correlate directly to the practical experience of the few advanced yogis in the world. What struck me, however, was the fact that one could learn to REGENERATE one`s physical body and stop/reverse aging AT THIS VERY LEVEL, HERE, on Earth.

This seems to be the most difficult, preceded by the ability to change bodies at will, for example. Needless to say, this is perhaps done only by a few people, if that much, on Earth. It is only a dream for all others. What are your findings in this regard? Do they agree with mine?
Here's Tom's answer:
Tom Chalko wrote:I have already expresed my view in The Freedom of Choice. There cannot be any limit to intellectual and spiritual evolution. The only limits are those that we create ourselves.

I have read The Freedom of Choice book about 20 times since I wrote it. When you read it again yourself, you will understand why.

Since our consciousness seems to be encoded at quantum level (electrons, photons etc..) I suspect that we can change behavior of atomic processes by concious concentration. Celular and even sub-atomic repairs are theoretically possible. More details in this article.
By the way, I'd like to add now that a single example of taking on a new, younger body, which has even been DEAD for several days before the change (poisoned by a snake), is in the same book. Following the change, the old yogi in question kept all his knowledge, including the distinctive way he walked (his gait) as an old man, although he then had a new body.

As for whether we could resuscitate if our bodies have disintegrated -- I believe this too is possible to be done, probably with aid of our Higher Self, since this is not as hard as the creation of human body from scratch, such as the Thaori are able to create. Even in the case of total destruction, I believe that a snapshot of a functioning state of the body could be materialised. But of course take all my words with a grain of salt. In any case, I find all this intensely inspirational, Kestrel. I think you will, too.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Kestrel

I will note this refrence from Page 80.
‘It can only be enriched spiritually - not materially. The physical body is merely a vehicle which, in most cases we abandon when we die.
There for "We" abandon it.
So I see the oppertunity for yes, a choice there then.

Some where else in the book thao talks about the higherself and how sometimes people choose to come back for the sake of a small child. Also that mostly individuals abandon the physcial body because of the bliss of the higherself and that its usually a source of suffering the human physcial body.

So right there you have motive to make a choice. Also I think the book indicates several times if we study it, that indeed yes.

Intersting, Intresting, seems that we are truly autonomus in this universe.
Lachie

Interesting... in *most* cases we abandon when we die. Thats a strange turn of phrase... If you don't abandon it when you die, what happens?

Hehe, i should have read the book closer:

"‘I will elaborate, for I see that ‘in most cases’ has confused you. By this, I mean that some of us, including all on our planet, are able to regenerate the cells of our bodies at will. Yes, you have already noticed that most of us seem to be of the same age. We are one of three planets that are the most highly evolved in this galaxy. Some of us can, and do, directly join what we call the great ether." - Thaori

lach
God is a games designer =]
Vesko

KesTrel wrote:I will note this refrence from Page 80.
‘It can only be enriched spiritually - not materially. The physical body is merely a vehicle which, in most cases we abandon when we die.
There for "We" abandon it.
So I see the oppertunity for yes, a choice there then.

Some where else in the book thao talks about the higherself and how sometimes people choose to come back for the sake of a small child. Also that mostly individuals abandon the physcial body because of the bliss of the higherself and that its usually a source of suffering the human physcial body.

So right there you have motive to make a choice. Also I think the book indicates several times if we study it, that indeed yes.

Intersting, Intresting, seems that we are truly autonomus in this universe.
Yes, Kestrel, considering the generality of the sentence "It can only be enriched spiritually - not materially", "we" in the next sentence "The physical body is merely a vehicle which, in most cases we abandon when we die" could only refer to general humanity. But the latter sentence has no detail of what we are interested in and does not hint in the slightest that it is possible to prolong a physical life indefinitely. I agree that the general "we" in the latter sentence logically translates to a general "us" in the next sentence (skipping "I will elaborate..."), which gives all the information, "...some of us, including all on our planet, are able to regenerate the cells of our bodies at will." But I feel this ability to regenerate is so incredible that if "including all on our planet" was missing and the sentence was "Some of us are able to regenerate the cells of our bodies at will", it would be missing an important explicit clarification closest to the full statement that could leave us in doubt because the next sentence is "Yes, you have already noticed that most of us seem to be of the same age." Suddenly "us" is not the general "us", but only refers to them. So if we had the full related text like this,
"It can only be enriched spiritually - not materially. The physical body is merely a vehicle which, in most cases we abandon when we die.
I will elaborate, for I see that 'in most cases' has confused you. By this, I mean that some of us are able to regenerate the cells of our bodies at will. Yes, you have already noticed that most of us seem to be of the same age. We are one of three planets that are the most highly evolved in this galaxy. Some of us can, and do, directly join what we call the great ether."
you can see how without "including all on our planet" in the sentence with most detail about what we are interested in, the farther you go down the paragraph, the more doubtful you become that this sentence refers to all humans on all categories in the Universe. The actual presence of "including all on our planet" clarifies it without doubt, because it allows us right there in the fullest related statement to differentiate between the speaker (Thaora), as a member of a superior category, and the listener (Michel), as a member of the lowest category. Thanks to "including..." and Michel being on of us, we can be 100% sure that such prolonging is possible on all categories. Sorry if this analysis was "over the top" for someone. I just wanted to clarify, I'm not disagreeing in any way. BTW, this is the only place in the book that refers to physical immortality and our ability to do it. Again, I'm not disagreeing with anything you said, since the topic of this discussion is healing, not living physical life indefinitely.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Kestrel

I follow you and it was a intresting analyasis. Showing me another choice we make.

If one were to die and go to the higherself after a life time, I do not see any reason why they would not wish to simply continue their evolution. Its just a part of nature to leave the physical body I am thinking.

So there for MANY people whom die, would not revive ya know? I mean yes family and freinds and all the other great individuals whom we love. Yet if one is old perhaps once they feel the bliss of being with the higherself they really have no motive to return to the physical body at that moment.

I have a freind/ aqquantaince. He was younger (hes 18 now) whom died clinically. "Flat screened" after a car accident. He came back sorta say. I think younger people would have more motive to choose not to take that path.
Vesko

Another book about yogis I have read that mentions physical immortality is "Autobiography of a Yogi" by Paramhansa Yogananda. It is available free online at http://www.crystalclarity.com/yogananda, and at other places. IMHO "Living with the Himalayan Masters" gave more comprehensible, closer-to-real-world concrete examples as far as I remember, but both books should not be missed.
Kestrel

I was out on a peninsula of a large lake the other day. It was quite nice being where no one else was with all these trees and the fish (which wernt biting) in the lake with all the lily pads. Quite an excellent place to think about anything. So my thoughts turned to this subject. I thought, sometimes upon death the physcial body is destroyed unfortunatly.

I think that there is a chance that once one dies this way, during a "preview" of their life they may have choosen to accept this? Is this fesible ? I am starting to think that there is and cannot be any limit upon our choice in this system. So is it possible that we are to make choices in advance?

I also have a problem with this though. Dose this mean that we dont have the choice to totaly change from our preview ? I think in writing this post I've lost myself and become confused. Imagin that ;) Any thoughts ?
Marcus

I also have a problem with this though. Dose this mean that we dont have the choice to totaly change from our preview ? I think in writing this post I've lost myself and become confused. Imagin that Any thoughts ?
You certainly can change from your preview. You have an infinite supply of choices at your disposal. It may be even preferable to.

Your above post can be accurately answered from a very valuable book:
See http://www.thefreedomofchoice.com or go to http://www.bioresonant.com/cgi-bin/star ... forum.html
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Kestrel

I've read that book marcus. I guess, I would like then to read it once more. Obviously each time you read either of these books you take something new from it that you ddient see before. ;)
Vesko

This is only some of the related information from Edgar Cayce:
Nothing grows, nothing remains alone unless dead. A mind, a body that sits alone and considers the outside and never turning that within to the out, nor that without from within, soon finds drosses setting up in the system; for development is change. Change is the activity of knowledge from within. Learn to live! Then there is no death, save the transition, when desired.

Edgar Cayce Reading 900-465
Vesko

From Patanjali's "Yoga Sutra"
It is primarily due to spiritual blindness, to blindness
regarding the spiritual man, and ignorance even of his existence; for
by this blind ignorance are closed the channels through which, were
they open, the creative force could flow into the body of the spiritual
man, there building up an immortal vesture.
"...the creative force could flow into the body of the spiritual man, there building up an immortal vesture"

This certainly refers to the possible immortality of the physical body!
In other parts of the book where immortality is mentioned, either it is clarified that it pertains to the soul, or it is not clear. But in the part of the text above, I think, there is no doubt. What do you think?

It's interesting to draw a parallel between Patanjali and Edgar Cayce. Patanjali uses the phrase "creative power" / "creative force" very frequently, and Edgar Cayce is doing the same in his writings.

Patanjali's "Yoga Sutra" is available in the forum library:
http://goldenplanetforum.com/library/pa ... _sutra.txt

This is a must read for everyone. It's a book with concrete information that can help us know and go beyond assumptions. It has been virtually ignored, but is a priceless gem. Don't miss it if you are serious about meditation, concentration and yoga!!!!!! The text carries this magnetic aura of a huge mystery that is about to unveil before you, carrying life-changing implications, and the potency of the message is in the concrete information that very loudly rings true to those ready to understand it. Like with Michel's book. For this reason, Patanjali very much seems to be writing from his own experience and from the experience of real persons with considerable true knowledge whom he had learned from.

I'm so happy it has come down to us from the ages and has not been destroyed.