Future Sight

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Alisima

Essene wrote:My family has decided on moving from Wales to Portugal in the next few years in order to leave a moderately self sufficient life, I am urging them to go completely off the grid to allow for such circumstances as economic collapse. I am just praying they can sell up before houses become impossible to sell, how long do you think we have alisima?
It could start tomorrow, or the day after, I don't know.

I once read something interesting. Something about us humans and our systems being adaptive, meaning that they will adapt to changes and rise up afresh.

Don't be afraid of a collapse, it is part of the process.
Don't read my signature.
Essene

Well I think sooner or later humanity will be put under that situation of adapt or die, I hope to be prepared for such an event. I also think any serious upheaval of our centralised system will cause untold deaths in our society which depends on food being sent to our supermarket and anybody who is not living in a place which grows its own food or a place from which food can be obtained will be in trouble.

I have come to accept that disaster is inevitable, it's only a matter of when but even Tom told me not to live life with the fear of disaster, I hope we have a good few years left before something completely drastic happens......
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
NJones

I have come to accept that disaster is inevitable, it's only a matter of when but even Tom told me not to live life with the fear of disaster
That's rich coming from the guy who said "most people on Earth will die well before 2012". In my opinion this was a very irresponsible statement and nothing short of scaremongering.

So we have 4 and a bit years where >50% and <100% of the population will die. Going to be interesting times!

Actually I am in the mood for a bit of Chalko bashing so here are two more points that annoy me:

1) Chalko's nujournal.net starts at volume 2 and has two entries labeled volume 4. Why should anyone take this page seriously when the publisher doesn't even seem to be able to count!

2) Chalko seems to have abandoned publishing his research and instead has devoted his life to his own self preservation. In my opinion he could have done a lot more for humanity by continuing his excellent research and publishing it.

While we are talking about disasters and self preservation, I just don't see the point. This is after all just one life of many. Who cares if we die in 5 years or in 50 years? Death by starvation, for example, may be an excellent experience. If we only had one life and one chance then self preservation would be the utmost priority.

Self preservation in my opinion is plain selfishness.

NJones
Robanan

NJones wrote: 1) Chalko's nujournal.net starts at volume 2 and has two entries labeled volume 4. Why should anyone take this page seriously when the publisher doesn't even seem to be able to count!

2) Chalko seems to have abandoned publishing his research and instead has devoted his life to his own self preservation. In my opinion he could have done a lot more for humanity by continuing his excellent research and publishing it.

While we are talking about disasters and self preservation, I just don't see the point. This is after all just one life of many. Who cares if we die in 5 years or in 50 years? Death by starvation, for example, may be an excellent experience. If we only had one life and one chance then self preservation would be the utmost priority.

Self preservation in my opinion is plain selfishness.

NJones
1) You didn't look carefully enough, let me just disappoint you and say Tom can count.

2) Tom has published a new book recently which is also available for free download.

3) Probably Self Preservation is a good challenge too? there are so many things one can learn and understand through Self Preservation.
Matt

Alisima wrote:we are condemned in between never finding peace, and never losing hope.
Whoa, that's deep. There's a really good philosophy to base a sci-fi novel on.