True Meditation

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

alexH

True Meditation

Here, read this link, once i read it about the part under the subtitle "Meditation" for some reason i was ecstatic in joy...

http://www.meaningoflife.i12.com/no-thought.htm

It speaks of the true meaning of meditation, as well as how it can lead you to the light, but to me, it MOVED me in a way nothing else had, other than the freedom of choice and TP...

I post it so that i could see if any of you have the same thoughts.

This was my favourite part

What is this blue flame?

It is YOU. It is the center of your soul. It is that which surrounds you, moves through you, moves through you, is you. Say hello to your soul. You've just found it, at last. You've just experienced it, at last.

If you merge with it, if you become One with it, you will know a sublime fullness of joy that you will call bliss. You will discover that the essence of your soul is the essence of Me (GOD). You will have become one with Me. For only a nanosecond. But that will be enough. After that, nothing else will matter, nothing will ever be the same again, and nothing in your physical world will match it. And this is when you will discover that you need nothing and no one outside of yourself.
If a blind man leads another, they will both fall into a pit. -Jesus Christ

The no-mind not-thinks no-thoughts about no thing.
Gautama Buddha
Essene

I think I have a long way to go with understanding transcending meditation. Most sources seem (or I'm just interpreting that way) to put the ego down as the ego is the reason why we suffer. They make out that the ideal state is to be ego less. To have no thoughts, just awareness. Now for me I see meditation as a great way to calm the mind and spring forth new ideas in order to improve the ego not as a goal to which must be maintained forever as having no ego is the best state and therefore the best goal.

Now for some reason I view the idea of just being aware and having no thoughts for eternity as being a mental bum, in fact you may as well be in the void or better yet not exist. No ambitions, nothing to strive for (because you dare not risk disappointment if you fail).

I don't think God's mind was blank when he wanted to create the universe.

Anyway I'm probably taking things the wrong way in assuming that some sources view being completely ego less for eternity as the best state.

I for one am happy to take happiness with spells of sadness rather than be devoid of either feeling as feelings are thoughts which some sources teach are best not to have.

Even the thiaooubans still felt sadness when Micheal was leaving, they also have not reached a state of eternal happiness.

Anyway I think that site is a great site to learn how to meditate, thank you for that Alex.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
alexH

Yeah, i dont quite understand their thoughts on being "ego less"
If we were egoless, there would be no point in creating us in the first place...
God does not want robots, he wants people who have their own purpose in life and understanding, people with their own individuality.

I think that the person who interpreted that information didn't quite understand it to the full extent

To me, i use this site mostly for the teachings on meditation and how to achieve a quiet mind.

I still use mantras though, i dont do it exactly the same way it's written, because when you use mantras, after a while of regular practise, you can bring the meditative state to mind anytime and anywhere.
If a blind man leads another, they will both fall into a pit. -Jesus Christ

The no-mind not-thinks no-thoughts about no thing.
Gautama Buddha