Sign petition for climate change

Discussion on preserving Nature: preventing the pollution, destruction and disbalancing of the finely-tuned natural ecosystems on our planet.

Moderator: Moderators

dtNet

Sign petition for climate change

Hi friends, I got this from my e-mail. It is a pretty important call. We are one : )

Dear citizen of the world,

It's time. In just 10 days the leaders of the G8 and the five other most polluting countries in the world meet in Germany. These 13 men and women will decide the fate of the world's climate. The stakes couldn't be higher.

Sent this by a friend? Save the climate before it's too late! Join over 165,000 people-
Sign the global petition NOW
Over 100,000 of us joined to put the climate crisis at the top of the agenda for this summit -- and we won. We learned that global public opinion has power. But as the US and others dig in, we need an outcry like never before. For this meeting to produce not just hot air but real action, we need to deliver the largest climate petition in history by June 6th. So add your voice today, click here:

http://www.avaaz.org/en/climate_g8/g.php

This is an issue that concerns everyone on earth. If each of us signs and gets just 4 other friends to join us, we could raise a million voices together before it's too late. So after you've signed, please forward this email to anyone who could help -- they too can add their support at this link:

http://www.avaaz.org/en/climate_g8/g.php

Time's running out. But together we can do it,

With hope -

Ben, Galit, Ricken, Graziela, Iain, Paul, Hannah and all at Avaaz

PS: Between them, the G8+5 countries at this summit produce over 70% of global warming emissions. For more background on the climate science, the politics and the summit, visit our climate blog.

Our call to world leaders: Climate change is the greatest threat facing our world today - and we are almost out of time to stop it. You must tackle this problem now, decisively and together. Start working toward a new global agreement this year. Set binding global targets for emissions to avert catastrophic climate change. Take bold action immediately - and we will join our efforts with yours.
Essene

Done
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Eon

Maybe I have overlooked something here, but I couldn't find what are exact actions that would be taken against climate change? Can some of you help me with that?
I may seem paranoid to some of you maybe, but something about this enviromental movement doesn't seem right to me. I'm becoming more and more convinced that climate change is being done by the "elite" ON PURPOSE , and that there is some hidden agenda behind enviromental movement.
And it may sound strange or even "evil" to some people, but I'm not entirely sure that I would even want those possible catastrophes to be averted. I just do not see any hope for any significant change in this "civilization" without there being some major catastrophe. I'm talking particularly about removal of our current "system".
"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." - George Carlin