People's experience with fasting

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Essene

People's experience with fasting

I am curious to know if anyone has been able to undertake a fast and what their experiences were.

I myself fasted for a week and I will tell you something of my experience.

My nose felt clearer than it has in all my life, my nostrils felt like caverns.

Sometimes I would experience hunger pains but most times I would be fine, a teaspoon of honey usually helped.

I lost a few kilos of fat. (and probably muscle :( )

I was amazed at how much waste continued coming out of me everyday.

I did not experience anything like visions.

I don't remember experiencing any past illnesses... I may just not have been conscious of them even if I did.

All in all I did not think I did the fast properly, it is recommended that to truely benefit as told by Jesus is to go out alone and society in order to do it right. I was still entangled in the material world and could not focus on improving spiritually during this fast at all.

My advice is to try and do it alone, in nature where you have fresh air, sunlight and pure water. This can all be found at Tom's if you are willing to go. He should have his meditation shelter built next to the waterfall by now but if not I will help him do it next time I go and it should be ready.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Alisima

Re: People's experience with fasting

Essene wrote:All in all I did not think I did the fast properly, it is recommended that to truely benefit as told by Jesus is to go out alone and society in order to do it right. I was still entangled in the material world and could not focus on improving spiritually during this fast at all.
The way to perfection is through unperfection.
Essene wrote:All in all I did not think I did the fast properly.
What would it take for you to think you did your fast properly?
Don't read my signature.
Essene

Well I believe if your going for spiritual purification as well as physical I didn't go about it the right way. I think a bit more meditation and spiritual practice would of helped. Also I came out of the fast a bit faster than I would of liked. I ate a bit too much and I might of done something detrimental.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Alisima

Fasting is a very delicate business. It is as easy to harm than to cure the body. I bet 90 percent of the people who fast have actually no clue what they are doing. Therefor it is better to be on the safe side, and instead of placing huge expectation on the purification ritual, try to be become more aware why your body needs purification in the first place, to try to avoid complex problems instead of solving them. And as for spiritual purification, you can do that regardless of whether you fast or not.

Fasting can be very good for the body, but, most like your experience, and with every practice, ritual or training, there is always a chance for the mind to come in and spoil things because it feels the procedure didn't went the expected way. Ok, so you didn't left society behind when on your fast; you didn't do the recommended way. Instead of judging yourself on how you did the fast, try to judge by it's outcome; do you feel better?
Don't read my signature.
ptex

This is a very important topic because all of us who aspire to a more pure and spiritual way of life will feel tempted at one time or another to try fasting.

Like Alisima says fasting is a very delicate process and one should be very careful with its procedure because the price is ultimately your health!

In another topic, I shared my fasting experience, please read it for extra details but my failed fasting experience was due to a few factors which I'll briefly enumerate:
  • 1) enhanced stress from family and colleagues (I was doing it alone, taking chance of my wife's enhanced holiday period, which is basically hiding it from everybody - which shouldn't be done like that);

2) I used the momentum to get rid of all the dental amalgams shortly before beginning the fast and this contributed to further poisoning the body. I spent more than 11 hours, divided in 2 days, on the chair of the dentist. Since the fasting was not successful instead of getting rid of all the poison caused by the mercury and other "medical substances" it accumulated and provoked a major crisis which rapidly generated in a very serious disease which thankfully was cured but at great cost.
The bottomline is, please don't do it if you're under pressure of any kind. You need to relax to enjoy it. Avoid doing anything risky like removing dental amalgams. I know this can go against what Tom mentioned in The Joy of Perfect health, but I'm talking with my experience, not in theory, and I almost paid this with my life.

I advise (if possible) to have medical supervision during your fast, carefully explaining the procedure to the doctor! The doctor needs to be specially open minded for this so select the doctor carefully. An important thing, don't do it alone, the best would be to have someone who already fasted to guide you and to help you in difficult moments. Share your progress on the forum if you feel like, there might be people who already made a successful fast that can help you :)

I found out a course on fasting which I did to help me find the reasons why my fasting failed and you can check it here: http://www.universalclass.com/i/crn/12328.htm You may cross reference it with The Joy of Perfect Health to have a clearer idea of what you're doing.

I'm happy to share my notes with anyone who requests this in order to provide a clearer idea on how to perform a safe and successful fasting.

Lastly, it's paramount to monitor all your vital signs: like weight loss, blood pressure, heart beat rate, etc. Make a diary of your experience as you go through and be specially attentive to any persistent pain or problem you notice through the fasting as this may indicate early symptoms of something that needs to be urgently addressed and may ultimately lead to canceling the fasting.

The main aspect of what I mean to transmit is: please don't take chances with your health!!!!... and have fun :thumleft:
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Essene

Thank you Alisima for pointing that out.

Besides the coming out of it too fast I think the fasting yielded beneficial results. It was an experience most of all. I followed the procedure to a tee and was confident I was doing it right, I did enemas and drank only pure water, and lots of it.

I think what I really meant was that I did not do enough meditating and training of the mind. I would really like to experience astral travel and meeting my higher self as then I wouldn't have to believe anybody for I would know.

Thanks for sharing Ptex, that must of been a frightening experience. I also don't think I did enough relaxing and because I was constantly hiding it from everyone it just defeated the purpose.

Alisima

Essene wrote:I think what I really meant was that I did not do enough meditating and training of the mind. I would really like to experience astral travel and meeting my higher self ...
For meditation and trainings of the mind there are countless methods; for astral travel and meeting your higher self, that is up to you.
Don't read my signature.