Future Sight

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Zio

Future Sight

I've been wondering what you guys think will happen in the future. We all have different views and I like to know yours :) Anyway, what will earth be in like, 30, 50 even 70 years from now? You can talk about politics, laws, economy, environment, spiritual level, social issues and most importantly about normal people's habits. It can be apocalypse or an utopia world :P

The reason why I'm asking you guys that question is that I'm writing a science-fiction book that takes place in the future and talks about how our problems from today that have been solved (or worsen) in the future. For example, because of all kinds of pollution, people of the future all wear masks to go outside. Or there has been a world movement and everyone was conscious about the real ecologic problems and we finally saved the planet. An example of the past and now is the future: My teacher in his young age used to laughed at pollution making holes in the ozone layer, asking how it was even possible.

I know that there's many topics on those different issues, but they all talk about the near future and not in half a century.

P.S: Oh, and please no 'earth will exploded in 2012' ok? :wink:
Alisima

Zio wrote:I've been wondering what you guys think will happen in the future.
For one thing, appearances will change, the outer form of things. Or in TP-terminology: the playground will change. The players will be the same though, at their core, with the same cravings that all man have. Desire for peace, protection, warmth, freedom, wealth, etc. It has been the same for thousands of years, transcending each culture, nation and race and it probably will hold on for the next half century, except for those enlightened Masters ofcourse.
Zio wrote:It can be apocalypse or an utopia world
Well, judging from history we are condemned in between, never finding peace, never losing hope. Although there seems to be a slanting towards utopia.
Zio wrote:The reason why I'm asking you guys that question is that I'm writing a science-fiction book that takes place in the future and talks about how our problems from today that have been solved (or worsen) in the future.
Aren't there already enough books about that? What I mean is, how is yours going to be different?
Don't read my signature.
Zio

Alisima wrote:Aren't there already enough books about that? What I mean is, how is yours going to be different?
I acknowledge that there is plenty of them out there, however, it's because it's not the only thing I will talk in my book :P And it's certainly not the main issue in my book, but it will be great to have our idea of the future >_<
Zio

:? :| :silent: Wow. Hum, when I said science-fiction... I think I biased it too much. It's not really Sci-Fi. It just happens in the future. That's all. I talk more about social issues and psychology more than anything else.

Anyway, I see that I shouldn't have posted this thread, so if somebody can delete this, please do so (except if you're really interested o_O).
Alisima

You could use it to keep progress and invite people to make comments regarding the context... Maybe some of us have some nice suggestions.
Don't read my signature.
survivor

I have @times a creative mind, so what would you like? ..fiction/fact/conspiracy on which topic. :?:
an act against {free will} is an act against nature
Zio

survivor wrote:I have @times a creative mind, so what would you like? ..fiction/fact/conspiracy on which topic. :?:
Preferably not fiction, because it's suppose to be a realistic future, but fact and conspiracy will do :)
Zio

Re: Future Sight

survivor wrote:I have @times a creative mind, so what would you like? ..fiction/fact/conspiracy on which topic. :?:
Preferably not fiction, because it's suppose to be a realistic future, but fact and conspiracy will do :) and... on those topics:
Zio wrote:You can talk about politics, laws, economy, environment, spiritual level, social issues and most importantly about normal people's habits.
Or on any topic that crosses your mind.
survivor

Oh ok, well on the 12-12-2012 the earth will vapourise and then re-appear on the other side of the moon. No need for concern, we'll ascend to the 4th dimension where a new world awaits us. (it's true, I read it in a book)...ok, I lied about the earth re-appearing. :(

..hmmm, obviously I'm been silly eh? You do ask for alot.
survivor

..or

There will be an economy crash (very soon) world-wide. Australia has/is importing tons and tons of food from China at a very low cost. Australian farmers have suffered over the past 3yrs with droughts/floods and bushfires. If you are familiar with HARP technology, then you already know we are being manipulated.

So when the economy crash comes (it's imminent) China will dictate the price of food. Australia will not have enough farmers to supply the demand. Therefore, food will price will increase dramatically.

Many will starve and many will die....
trumpet_is_cool

Hi Zio,

you should consider to include some of This
Informations for you book.
Zio

Thank you for the link Trumpet :)

But I feel that if I go too much on that topic and everything, my book will become a second Orwell's 1984 (or rather a "2070" :P)... Really, it could potentially end up like that T_T.

Seeing all the bad things that will happen ::cough:: I think I will set the time to my next generation (30 years) :P

Recently, I heard a lot is happening in Australia... drought, and now food supply... Survivor, do you know what would people do when that come? I'm sure they won't stay and starve to death without doing something. I don't know, maybe emigrate to other places... is that possible?

And about the manipulation part... I know conspiracies :) (sorry Trumpet :P )

Well, I think, for my part, that there will be Wars like WW1&2 very soon because of the economic depression like in 1930~ something. It's history all over. And then the only good job is to become a soldier, male and also female all ages, because now we live in an "equal" society. I wonder if the Big Boys (*wink* conspiracy *wink*) started the female movement just to send them to war? Man, I didn't know I liked History that much 8)

Ok, back to the oil problem, Trumpet :P That article tell us that we're in grave danger right now, but they didn't really specify what will really happen, what will be life without oil (and that's what the book is all about). According to what you've posted in other topics, Trumpet, I know that you know quite a lot about that, am I wrong? :)
trumpet_is_cool

Hi Zio,

It is difficult to predict what happens when we enter the past peak age. It is likely that the oil price will sky rocket and in turn everything will become more expensive (due to transportation and production costs etc.) this in turn can lead into a world wide economic crisis.

The worst case szenario is a new world war or many people dying due to the lowered food production...

The best case is a new world, back from globalism to local markets, less technology, more spirituality.

Look how the world was at ~1900 (before we used oil) and include all the knowledge gained in the time between now and ~1900 and you will get an Idea how the past peak age might be.Trouble is that we are now much more people on this planet.

If you need more thought`s / Information contact me via PM :wink:
Alisima

Zio wrote:Well, I think, for my part, that there will be Wars like WW1&2 very soon because of the economic depression like in 1930~ something. It's history all over.
There will be no more wars like WWI and WWII. At least not for a long time. We have entered the age of asymmetrical warfare. It basically means that during peacetime one fraction infiltrates another fractions country/supply/resources, and by the time war actually starts, it will have an overwhelming advantage.

Suppose I am the head of a fraction desperately hating some foreign group, what I could do is infiltrate the country during peacetime, setup all sorts of sabotaging devices, and when the war actually starts, I just hit the button.

The idea of asymmetrical warfare is that if you haven't perpared yourself by the time war starts, you'll lose, thus giving incredible advantage to those who take initiative.
Don't read my signature.
Essene

My family has decided on moving from Wales to Portugal in the next few years in order to leave a moderately self sufficient life, I am urging them to go completely off the grid to allow for such circumstances as economic collapse. I am just praying they can sell up before houses become impossible to sell, how long do you think we have alisima?
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.