Great Songs and Film Clips

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

shezmear

Great Songs and Film Clips

I thought I would start this thread if any of you guys listen to music and you find anything on you tube or the alike that is interesting post a link.

Being a muso and artist myself I kind of enjoy good art, it can be any style.

I herd someone say the essence of art is about creating “psychic state”.

I found this one, I don’t usually listen to this type of music but this one is special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cpSv2mNhhc

Peace out…
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
TempUser

Off-Topic

Yeah, I've seen that one before. Imogen is pretty good, I found her on My-Space.
In comparison with the song, I think the video is lacking a bit.
Other than that the song itself is unique and nice to listen to.
There are plenty of others like her that you can find on My-space.
They are mostly found in the Easy-Listening section.

I don't know if you like this kind of music but here's a few artist that seem to put me in an 'altered state' of mind every time I hear it.

Dinesh
Kitaro

This might not have anything to do with the topic specifically but I thought I could throw these out there. Just some American movies with great philosophy and what not that I think is worth the watch. If you haven't already heard of Waking Life or A Scanner Darkly I think you should definitely check them out sometime. Almost every scene in Scanner Darkly is like a live piece of art. I find Waking Life to be a little more spiritual and as I said it has some great philosophy as well.
Both of them always leave me with a great feeling of inspiration inside.... for some reason.

If anyone can think of any other movies feel free to list them out. I would appreciate it because I love movies like these. Same goes for music. I think our mainstream media could use more unique thought provoking titles such as these.
It doesn't matter how many books you have read, how many lectures you have heard - What matters is what you actually UNDERSTAND from them today about the universe and your particular role in it" -Thomas J. Chalko
shezmear

ya. nice music, I used to listen to a lot of meditation style music, but the last 5 years I have moved away from it, The movies look great, I have not herd of them befor...There was a good moive which I only saw parts of it was called "The Fountain "the CGI was off the planet...I need to get it out again....

http://www.amazon.com/The-Fountain/dp/B00005JPAP
J.C
TempUser

Here are clips from the movies.

I've added short clips blow which are from the movies in my previous post so people could really get a sample taste of the buffet of truth available in each film. Enjoy the appetizers! :eat:

Hope I don't appear as someone just trying to sell movies here. Don't be like those sciforum guys and not watch the entire movie just because a small part doesn't appeal to you or contradicts your beliefs! :roll: These movies really are worth the FULL watch, they present some interesting messages and theories. You would be missing out on some intellectual truth by not checking these out. Not saying you have to buy them but there are other ways of obtaining these movies. Plus they are pretty cheap anyways.

Waking Life-TRAILER
These two are some of my favorite scenes from Waking Life.

The first one is a good theory for the cause of some major barriers that keep us from applying the ideas presented in both books. Such as searching within and using our unlimited potential.
Favorite-Human Potential
This second clip presents a WIDELY misunderstood law of the universe. But it's weird how he answers his own question and doesn't even realize it.
Favorite-Free Will

A Scanner Darkly-A much more recent movie with more ZeitGeist politcal related issues rather than the lot of philosophical eye opening inspiring ideas that their previous movie had. These are the same people who made Waking Life. Couldn't find very many sample-clips on this one.

Scanner Darkly-TRAILER
Not the Best scene but one of the few I could find from A Scanner Darkly

I really wish a movie similar to these would be made which discusses topics presented in TFOC and TP in an open-minded, non-subjective, non-selective-intellectual manner. So many interesting messages & ideas were presented in BOTH. Preferably a movie that could present the ideas/theories(call them what you like) in a non-biased and informative matter, and really get the messages ACROSS to people new to the books and even help those who aren't new to understand them from a larger perspective . Such a movie with such a previously basis and motive, could really inspire even those who refuse to peep open ATLEAST one eye to see what is outside the box, that they for the most part unwillingly chose to live in, but mostly due to the overwhelming influence from the same society that constructed the box and the whole reason behind it. A box built with such careful attention that even a precautionary blindfold was made to keep people from even daring to peep that one eye out so they can see the borders which constrain them. The very same blindfold that led up to the unwilling choice of staying inside the box has also in fact caused them to DEFEND the very barriers that keep them trapped. For such a box has been accepted as the gospel truth by the majority in society.

Anyways...just a dream of mine...these messages really need to be acknowledged...there is so much substance in these books(IMO)...but I can see that they way in which the substance has been presented...has caused so much distortion upon them and has prevented the smallest minority or even the biggest majority of intelligent people to realise the value and truth within these books or to attempt even the slightest use of the potential contained within the books(which could eventually lead to the same use of potential within self). If even the smallest amount of truth were truly grasped in understanding from either book, the outcome would start from something as small as the death of these forums...to a chain reaction of the collapse of major corporations which benefit off ignorance and the destruction it's brought physically and mentally the the humans on earth, and the planet itself. Just by being on the internet we prove we understood one of the most important messages in the book...haha but I didn't come here to preach because obviously I am not practicing this preachery. For I am the same as anyone here-there is a lot I have also misunderstood from both Tom Chalko and the Thiaooubans. Anyways I didn't mean to babble off and I hope you guys check out the movies and come back if you want to throw some ideas about them or about what I said I guess...haha ttyl.[/i]
It doesn't matter how many books you have read, how many lectures you have heard - What matters is what you actually UNDERSTAND from them today about the universe and your particular role in it" -Thomas J. Chalko
shezmear

Hope I don't appear as someone just trying to sell movies here.

It`s actually good that someone is takeing time to put lots of effort into a post, I will work my way through it...
J.C
TempUser

Cool I hope you like the movies when and if you do watch them!

If you can't afford to buy the full movies, PM me and maybe I can help you. :wink: :wink:

It sucks that I can't edit a message once some one has replied to it.
I was going to add more but it wouldn't let me just because someone replied to it.
There are quite a few mistakes in that message that I wanted to correct...spelling typos... among others...thought I could atleast include what I changed.

Above the second clip on the waking life I meant to change part of it to "WIDELY misunderstood and un-comprehended law of the universe..."

_this was the off topic part of that message I edited_
Anyways...just a dream of mine...sorry that I got off topic...I just think that such messages in the books really need to be acknowledged...there is so much substance and value in these books(IMO)...but I can see that they way in which the substance has been presented...has caused so much distortion upon them and has prevented the smallest minority or even the biggest majority of intelligent people to realize the value and truth within these books...just the way that they were presented has prevented anyone with intelligence to attempt even the slightest use of the potential contained within the books(which could eventually lead to the same use of potential within self). If even the smallest amount of truth were truly grasped in understanding from either book, the outcome would start from something as small as the death of these forums...to a chain reaction of the collapse of major corporations which benefit off ignorance and the destruction they brought physically and mentally to the humans on earth, and the planet they inhabit. Making this planet more true to the name that our space brothers have given it. It truly is a Planet of Sorrows. So maybe the mentioned outcome was a bit exaggerated and if true wouldn't immediately happen. But it's an example of how much info was ignored in BOTH books. Just by being on the internet we prove we mis-understood or obviously didn't fully comprehend one of the most important messages in the book...haha but I didn't come here to preach because apparently I am not practicing this preachery. For I am the same as anyone here-there is a lot I have also misunderstood from both Tom Chalko and the Thiaooubans. That being said I know how hard it is to put such a drastic change away from the technology I'm already so dependent on to keep me entertained. Anyways I didn't mean to babble off and I hope you guys check out the movies and come back if you want to throw some spiritual-related movies/music of your own....
haha that's just me babbliing off though...

I forgot to ask what is the Fountain about? Is the CGI animation as good as that Final Fantasy movie?
shezmear

Let me put it this way, the CGI is almost as through the person that did it has an awarness of the other side, it`s like celestial, heavenly and earthly all in one, it`s almost like a trip into a world of spirit.
J.C
Eon

Yeah, "The Fountain" is a really beautiful movie. Do you mean those "supernova" scenes by "CGI" ? Cause I've heard that it is no CGI, there are real chemical reactions shot and put there. But of course I may be wrong. :)
"A Scanner Darkly" is a great movie too by the way (as is "Waking Life"), I'm glad to see someone showing good taste in this particular area (movies , I mean :) ) . Cause I'm a big movie lover..
Also another movie by Darren Aronofsky (director of "The Fountain") I'd like to recommend is "Pi".
"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." - George Carlin
Teda

Re: Great Songs and Film Clips

shezmear wrote:I found this one, I don’t usually listen to this type of music but this one is special.

Peace out…
I can't understand why you think this one is speacial, it threw me off balance especially around my lower chakras. Dinesh is great though, where can I buy his CD?
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

- Maori proverb
shezmear

Teda wrote:
shezmear wrote:I found this one, I don’t usually listen to this type of music but this one is special.

Peace out…
I can't understand why you think this one is speacial, it threw me off balance especially around my lower chakras. Dinesh is great though, where can I buy his CD?
:shock: :rofl:
J.C
TempUser

Teda wrote:

Peace out…
Well I'm not sure. It says he has an unsigned label.
So I don't know if you can buy any cd's or if he's even made any.
Maybe try doing a google search? :?:

Oh and btw would this be The Fountain that you guys would be referring to??
shezmear

Ho yes, that is it....
J.C
Teda

AaronNZM wrote: Oh and btw would this be The Fountain that you guys would be referring to??
Oh yes, that was a brilliant movie! Thanks for the link, I wasn't sure what you were talking about. Great movie!!! I'm off to check out the others... :computer:
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

- Maori proverb
ivan4iai

For something spiritual maybe you'd like to watch Copying Beethoven
One of my favorite.

Oh and Fight Club may not be as spiritual but I like it a lot too.
Eon

Fight Club is a brilliant movie. One of my favorites. But then again.. I have so many favorites.. :lol:
What I don't like though, is those trailers. They often make movies look much stupider and/or they give away too much about storyline.
"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." - George Carlin