Girl, 7 shields mother from gunman

Official information, announcements and interviews in the press, on TV, radio.

Moderator: Moderators

alexH

Girl, 7 shields mother from gunman

Learning-disabled Detroit child hailed as hero after getting hit with six bullets, blinded in one eye

December 18, 2007
Corey Williams
ASSOCIATED PRESS

DETROIT–As the gunman was about to open fire, 7-year-old Alexis Goggins lunged from the back seat of the SUV and threw herself across her mom, crying, "Don't hurt my mother!"

Six bullets from the handgun slammed into Alexis, one piercing her right eye. Two slugs hit her mother.

Alexis's mother pulled through. But two weeks later, Alexis lies in critical condition, blind in one eye. To her classmates and many in a city depressingly familiar with violence, the little girl is a hero.

"She was trying to save me," her mother, Seliethia Parker, 30, said yesterday. "My baby is just an angel to her mother. I thought as the mother, I'd be saving my child. I never thought my daughter would be saving me."

Quite a remarkable story.
I guess it goes to show that even though some people are "different", they're still capable of doing good.

Full article here : http://www.thestar.com/News/World/article/286515
If a blind man leads another, they will both fall into a pit. -Jesus Christ

The no-mind not-thinks no-thoughts about no thing.
Gautama Buddha
Rezo

oh my god thats just...whoa.
shezmear

that`s wonderful...now that news....
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Essene

Yes I heard of this, something good in the news for once...
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
ArioK

i got emotional and I wasn't even wearing my auric shirt.

I got emotional and I wasn't even wearing my auric shirt. An amazing story. So brave.
Kitty

Re: Girl, 7 shields mother from gunman

What kind of a sick b****** would shoot at a child and its mother? :x I hope the gunman rots in jail. They didn't deserve this. Sadly this kind of a thing happens way too often these days.