Angels. What are your opinions?

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

peace yall

Angels. What are your opinions?

Hey guys. I'm new here & I'm just wondering what your views on angels & higher beings are?
I'm seen some sites on the internet promoting their existense & heard some psychics can talk to angels when in a trance.
I'm just wondering wut u all think about the topic.
Rezo

depends on the nature of communication. ambiguous, on a very human level and maybe not fully enlightened, Id guess theyre likely dead people giving advice, perhaps relatives, some of whom either dont know theyre dead [yet], or others who know and think they know best, but havent connected yet w/their source. Most likely they were from earth.

More clear, luminous, communication and loving exchanges could be people from thiaoouba or other higher evolved planet visiting either in spirit or matter form, or...past lovers or loved ones from former lives - perhaps long gone ET friends from a planet you used to live on [not as common] - could be actual angels, in the spiritual realm. Its hard to say w/o having been contacted. Thats how I feel anyway.

I think once in a dream I spoke w/someone from 'planet 9' but couldn't retain the memory of it very well. Something w/a computer, the atmosphere, something about earth, how something works or something..probably important...but dreams can be imagination. Yet once after loved ones died and I dreamed they were okay and they told me, also seeing objects 'move' in their old house on their own [!], I was SURE it was them. I think when its angels, or your 'higher self' sometimes afterwards you get 'gifts' previously unexplained. Or sudden insights. EG John Sefton came up with the 'galaxy model for the atom' which I find pretty interesting, and Edward Leedskalnin, who built coral castle in florida, assuring he knew how to use anti-gravitation. I think somewhere its suggested he thought he was reincarnation of Tutankhamen but I have no way of verifying he suggested that though, or furthermore how to even prove past lives other than going into specific type of trance. Things get 'weird' when you look into things deeper, clarity of answers depend on nature of the question, usually. Relying on sight or sound alone isnt enough, feeling is important too, to distinguish imagined experience, with 'real' experience, which isnt always clear cut. Also, you might see a blob of color come to you, in other words if you experience something out of this world it might not look how you think, either.

thats just the short explanation, is "it depends" [dontcha love that!?]. theres also spirit guides, i mean, i dont know what the hierarchy is really like, as in Ive not witnessed it consciously to understand it or remember such a thing, but I think Buddha had a pretty good idea though [not necc. same as what was written down]. But he aint here now. I don't think. Meditation helps, so does critical thinking, although to some in certain contexts not yet exposed, it may appear very 'weird.'

welcome by the way :)
Kitty

Re: Angels. What are your opinions?

In a videoed lecture, Michael said angels are guides from the other side that assist and protect us while working with our higher self. Supposedly, you can communicate with them or your higher self by prayer or meditation without the assistance of a psychic.
ptex

Kitty, I'm wondering what video lecture is that? I didn't know about this.

From the Thiaoouba Truth audio interviews I remember Michel mentioning Guardian Angel having the same meaning (among others he didn't specify) as Higher Self. You know names are many...

Personally I cannot prove or disprove the existence of Angels.
About the Higher Self I also know little but I've had some very interesting happenings and an occasional brief meeting while in meditation (although I don't remember almost anything).

I wouldn't like to refer to semantics but we need to clearly understand the concept of an "Angel" before anything else.
We can see Angels as all those beings, from the Astral world, who in one way or another help us in our current lives. This is part of the role of our Higher Self but it's quite possible that other highly evolved Astral beings assist us in our daily lives.
This is a subject I would really like to know more and through experience. Any suggestions?

There are countless books on Angels and Spiritual Guides. I don't overrule them but it came across my mind that they could be inferring different names or designations for the same thing, eg. Higher Self? I don't know.
What I do know is that regardless of all the definitions and considerations we are indeed receiving guidance either we notice it or not. Thus this theme is so appealing to me. And to discover this with personal experience we'll need to be spiritually minded and living a somewhat conscious life otherwise we probably would miss the point.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Rezo

last night during what I perceived to be a 'dream' I came into contact with a beautiful, what I percieved to be a small point of light, that 'came down' to 'visit' me -- I am only using quotes because the feeling of love that I received from the light that came towards me [about the 'size' of a small lightbulb] was so incredibly powerful; it felt like it was from a conscious source that understood my challenges - I don't know if it came to give me empathy, sympathy, or if it was just to open me up to love more, probably a bit of each. The amazing thing is it 'shared' its feelings in a short and strong pulse that built up within several 'dream' seconds, I dunno logarithmically maybe. It felt like it went straight into my heart/brain sort of.

Unfortunately, while this was true, it was also as over just as quick as it begun - and I woke up 'in the middle' of this transmission. I still felt the nice after-effects upon waking up though, and it probably was all that I needed....of course I wanted more if it though :)

I had prayed and meditated the night before, pretty intensively actually, but didn't actually expect to gain any sort of audience or whatever. So that was a nice gesture.

I have actually experienced a very similar love-sharing type of feeling in a dream that happened many years ago, in which a craft landed in my backyard and a green and pinkish multi-eyed looking being came down in a 'personalized' ufo and told me we used to know each other or something like that [!!]. The small ufo-'carlike' ship gave off a sort of greenish glow also. Ive had other dreams with aliens before, but never really talk about it since the very mention of words like 'ufo' or 'alien' sounds ridiculous to most people. In another dream I *was* Gray, this was during my life at university, when I had trouble fitting into things even near the end of my schooling there. I had another dream a small carlike ufo carried a gray who seemed to be another 'friend from the stars' who apparently I knew [??] and we 'cruised around'...I'm actually pretty imaginative so most of this couldn't be real. [Right??] ;P I did seriously dream this though [also some years ago].
Essene

Wow, thats pretty neat Rezo, I myself have never had dreams where a guide or something has come down to me. The ones with aliens usually involve the aliens from the movie "alien" and I'm usually shooting them with a machine gun. Doesn't that speak volumes about my personality ;-). Although I have had two very vivid dream where aliens came down and saved me when the world was being rent apart by natural disasters.

I have also had two disturbing dreams as a young child which I will never forget. One of seeing my mothers lifeless body on the beach after drowning, I still remember the incredibly hollow feeling of it. Maybe one day she will drown but more likely it was my imagination and not a prophecy.

Another really really awful dream was that I was responsible for Jesus Christ's death, now that was a bad dream I can tell you, I felt like there was universe of guilt on my shoulders. The extreme interpretation of this dream is that I have killed him 2000 years ago :shock:.

Anyway I have always sort of shrugged off the idea of guardian angels, or spirits hovering over your shoulder with nothing better to do than watch you in your day to day routine but I think I'm going to start to open up to the idea and we will see what happens. I shrugged them off not because I discounted their existence but because I stupidly thought it was a sign of weakness to need one but I have realized that I need all the help I can get and if a spirit wants to guide me then that's fine :D
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
TempUser

I thought that this topic was interesting enough to bump.

The theory about your higher self being your guardian angel makes sense to me (not that is is a theory as much as it is a yet to be discovered fact), they are just different words naming the same subject (as Ptex mentions), just as god and great intellect are different names for the creator of all material reality. I think there are many ways in which we can communicate with our Guardian Angel (Higher Self) and ways in which they communicate with us if we are 'trailing off', such as the few already mentioned (meditation, concentration, paying attention to your dreams and logging them, maybe even astral traveling).

As for angels though, are they not more accurately known as our space brothers/sisters whose visit and history on earth has been distorted and used as an exploitation device to enslave a flock?
It doesn't matter how many books you have read, how many lectures you have heard - What matters is what you actually UNDERSTAND from them today about the universe and your particular role in it" -Thomas J. Chalko
Naacal

I had an experience when I was naive kid. I was jaywalking a busy street and I safely got to the middle divider. I was still walking along the divider waiting for traffic to stop to get to the other side of the street. I then lost my balance and was surely going to step into the street when I felt like i was softly pushed back onto the divider with my regained balance. Right when I regained my balance a speeding semi truck passed right by me. I don't know if it was my guardian angel, higher-self or spiritual guide, but i guess it wasn't my time.
"The love that you withhold is the pain that you carry, lifetime after lifetime." -Vissaeus