Is this an environmentally friendly forum?

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

On a scale of 1 to 5 how would you rate this forum's environmental friendliness?

5 (very good)
No votes
75%
3 (average)
No votes
No votes
1 (low)
25%

Total votes: 4

ptex

Is this an environmentally friendly forum?

I know it may seem ridiculous but the question is pertinent nevertheless.
We're not talking about paper printing, eg, saving trees, but bandwidth and the consciousness of people on a forum are nevertheless indicators we can use in order to measure how environmentally friendly is this forum.

Let me give you an example: bandwidth. If a forum is too heavy, takes a long time to access and use, has got many large images, etc. opening it and using it takes longer, uses more Internet and local computer resources (eg. bandwidth, processing power) and therefore more electricity is needed.

I thought this would be a place to discuss this issue and what to do in order to make it more environment friendly?

Any thoughts or comments? :D

P.S. Recently we changed access to this forum to be made only through SSL, which is a security measure but has a speed impact and thus may be a step back in the friendliness we're talking about.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Essene

Re: Is this an environmentally friendly forum?

Man if I start worrying about the negative effects on the planet that each image I upload is having I'll go insane. I already have enough "end of the world" dreams. I think its a sign how much I think about it when I have had quite a few seriously vivid dreams including tidal waves rushing towards me from which I only just get high enough to escape and one quite beautiful version where this huge wave simply froze in mid air just before it was going to envelope me and my brother, it just froze in mid air and I could walk around and examine this glittering wave. One I had the other week was seeing tornadoes in the distance and I ended up being sucked by one. I vividly recall feeling pulled into this monster of a tornado and I grabbed onto a car and held on but then the car itself was being lifted up, can't remember what happened after that.

But I suppose your right to raise the question, my god I wish we could just tap into infinite energy already.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.