Virtual Telepathy?

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

We'd like to know if you think it's interesting to have a forum area for logic/maths/etc. puzzles?

YES, it makes sense to exercise our intellects
80%
NO, I don't see the point
20%

Total votes: 5

ptex

Virtual Telepathy?

This is something very intriguing: can a web site provide virtual telepathy?

The web site I'm about to refer is in Portuguese (I'll translate it below for you to check it out and provides an intriguing service).

Can anyone help explain what's happening? For the results to happen you need to follow all the steps. I tried several combinations, with other people doing it and I clicking for the answer, etc. It turns right every time.

The instructions are:
    • * Think of any TWO DIGIT number (eg: 74)
      * SUBTRACT from this number its 2 digits (eg: 74 - 7 - 4 = 63)
      * On the web page scroll down and look in the table below to see which symbol corresponds to the RIGHT of this number (In this example the symbol in front of 63)
      * Concentrate on the symbol and then click on the magic red square in the web page
The web page is: http://kardini.fateback.com/telepatiav.htm

Give it a try and let me know what you think.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
ptex

Re: Virtual Telepathy?

There's no real secret and the solution is even easy to figure out.

Nevertheless exercising our intellects is a very good thing and not a waste of time as I first thought when I considered deleting this topic but it probably belongs to a maths puzzles only area. ;-)

Is there any interest in creating a forum puzzles area where we could post weekly new challenges (mathematical and logics ) for forum members to solve?
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Essene

Yeah I realized it was a maths problem just from seeing how the letters were spaced, interesting though.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Rezo

I think its a great idea!! The above exercise is interesting because it involves horizontal math [casting out of nines]. I know the solution if anyone wants to know pm me [I had it up before, hope noone saw it!]

Another logic number puzzle is the 'Rubiks' [not invented by him I'm assuming] hypercube: http://www.superliminal.com/cube/applet.html [magic cube 4d]: or, if you really wanna try this one, magic cube 5d: try solving THAT! Actually a few have...probably w/math though also http://www.gravitation3d.com/magiccube5d -- I dont know if this will make telepathy easier, but its fun.