Technology Should ASSIST in the Spiritual Development

Discussion on technology and how it could be used to assist spiritual development and NOT enslave us. This includes technology that will help us live in harmony with Nature (e.g.: "Lifter" technologies that could replace the petrol driven engine). Also, discussion of past and current scientific thought so that gems are not buried in the sands of time, and spiritual progress through science is achieved.

Moderator: Moderators

bomohwkl

Technology should ASSIST in the spiritual development

I would like to address how people in this forum have used technology to ASSIST their spiritual development.
You can even propose ways of using current existing technology (consumer technology?) to ASSIST spiritual development.
Kestrel

Thats a great question. I will think about this giving a responce at a later time.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Marcus

The internet has been a great asset to me.

I have been able to correspond with many like minded individuals.
I also gain inspiration from various articles that otherwise I may not have had access to.

I've had the opportunity to experiment with Kirilan photography http://kirlianresearch.com/ To my amazment the person interpreting my photograph (Tom Chalko) accurately described personal details such as back pain/favourite colour/personality traits.
This technology should be available to every major health institution, as it can accurately describe minor/major health issues before they manifest physically.
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Kestrel

I think this is very much true.

The internet opens a channel where I can discuss certin details, with others who I cannot with individuals around myself. I think its worth noting that it can also bring about other oppertunitys for me. Many of which are negitive to my true evolution, for this reason disipline is key. I now realize this as in process of this post I have looked from a diffrent angle sorta say. So I think my point is definitly valid. :wink:
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
bomohwkl

Computerised Gas Discharge Visualisation (GVD) is expensive. However, I am planning to get one within 3 years.

I think technology should be used to free out some time from our 'busy' working life. This free time should be used to meditate, concentrate, study self, improving reasons for intellectual development, finding motivation within and healing rather than watching the boring T.V (which usually bias, brainwashing, psychologically sick, uninspiring) and entertainment which has no and contradict to spiritual development. I wonder how technology be used to 'free' up our time? Car? Dish washer???
How do you use technology to make your time more efficient? We have 24 hours a day.

Human on earth have spent so much time cooking. I sometimes wonder whether I can simplify my life and lessen my time of food preparation by eating raw vegetables and fruits. Have any one done that? I don't like spending time to cook food for myself except for guests.

Recently, I have decorated with my room with vivid colour. Bio-resonant clothes is one of the technology used to improve overall human state of human beings.

I have recently purchased a hi-fi separates. I think music play by good sound system and particularly at low volume doesn't add noise into the harmony of the music which is unlike cheap hi-fi. I used it to relax my nerve before I start to self-reflect myself every night.

I think any comfort received from materialism should be used to develop spirituality. I also find out that a very soft music playing in the background do indeed promote deeper sleep and wake up more refreshed. A refreshed body and mind motivate me wanna to meditate and concentrate. A tired body and stressed mind leave me with no motivation.

Internet is an obvious example for communication of information and exchange of ideas. Sharing ideas on how to develop spirituality. If not, it would take a long time for us to figure it out.
Vesko

I use my income for purchasing books, which I do in large quantity to get a discount. I am not buying trifles or technology except what I strictly need for my work. I do not smoke nor drink alcohol.
I listen only to non-violent melodic music and try to compose my own.
But even more important is that I have been saving for supporting my near-future efforts that are going to be oriented towards spirituality with the aid of certain technology as the "vehicle".
I think the most valuable thing is our time. If we use our time to discipline and develop ourselves in positive spiritual directions, success and happiness are inevitable.
Mz

Acoustics can help in spiritual development. Imagine if we could all have sound-proof rooms where we can meditate or learn to meditate (like me, a beginner), what a help, especially for city dwellers.

Of course, I expect, it can be pretty expensive ...
Lena

I have probably learned more at home in my free time with the aid of the internet than I have ever learned in school. I've learned that I can't trust my "teachers" to teach me.

technology deffinately gives us more free time and the internet brings a world of information and different opinions to our fingertips.

I use running hot water aka showers to help me relax and slow down before meditation and concentration.

I also listen to My Bloody Valentine, a band which somehow lulls me to sleep but at the same time gently keeps my mind aware so I can attempt OBE. I guess you could say it lifts my spirits ;) I listen to all types of music to make my mood better in different ways, and when I'm in a good mood I'm more motivated to practice spirituality.

I use my sewing machine to create colorfull clothes that make me feel good when I wear them, and also this way I don't have to buy clothes at the store (but I still have to buy fabric)
ivan4iai

Internet is my best asset for information.
Bioresonant clothes. (Although you probably already know this)

Also, there is this interesting product http://www.q-linkproducts.com/p_how_works.shtml
This also seems to ampify our aura and I'm very interested in buying it very soon.
Alisima

ivan4iai wrote:Also, there is this interesting product http://www.q-linkproducts.com/p_how_works.shtml
This also seems to ampify our aura and I'm very interested in buying it very soon.
Why do you want to artificially amplify your aura?? I understand why you want to have a strong and healthy bio-field, but why be dependent on a Q-Link?? The aura is amplified and created from within, not from the outside. You have a perfectly capable mind/body/spirit complex which can do all the Q-Link can, and much more. Why abandon it?

It is sad that instead of harnessing natural 'powers' we get Q-Links thrown at us. Instead of connecting to deeper levels of our bodies we rely on necklaces. Instead of resolving our inner body turmoil we keep it buried and go for a quick fix. But yeah, it looks tempting.... somewhat like chocolate to those who are dysphoric.
Don't read my signature.
ivan4iai

Shouldn't technology assist spirituality?
With your attitude it's like saying not to wear colours that match the aura and instead harness the power to control the aura.
I agree that one should consciously improve his/her aura but why not get some extra help??
bomohwkl

[quote=ivan4iai]
Also, there is this interesting product http://www.q-linkproducts.com/p_how_works.shtml
This also seems to ampify our aura and I'm very interested in buying it very soon.[/quote]

hmmmm......none of the papers are in any referred journals.......
ivan4iai

Sorry i didn't understand that...do you mean that in the site it doesn't refer to the product amplifying an aura?
Evolutionary

I think the internet is a great tool for self development because we search, find, filter/seize the information wanted. Unlike TV where sometimes the good news are hidden in the caos of our world :( .
bomohwkl wrote:
ivan4iai wrote:
ivan4iai wrote:Sorry i didn't understand that...do you mean that in the site it doesn't refer to the product amplifying an aura?
ivan, I think bomo just want you to take care with this necklace thing.

:D I wish I had been helpful :!:
"There comes a time when the mind takes a higher plane of knowledge but can never prove how it got there." Albert Einstein
Rezo

quite recently I have viewed certain links of video on Conscious Media Network [CMN].

I saw a most current video from an interview with Dr. Konstantin Korotkov, from August 2007, actually, nearly an hour long! Very highly reccommended interview for those of you who have not yet had the chance to see, especially if you've read any of his books, or, if you're just interested in the subject more.

Another video I just watched involves EFT and TAT acupressure techniques and the psychology of coping with stress, very very interesting interview with Dawson Church.

http://www.consciousmedianetwork.com

check it out :D

I'm really liking this site so far.