OOBE / Astral travel experiences

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Rijzerlo

Re: OOBE / Astral travel experiences

There is always a sequence of sensations when I meditate to induce OOBE:

First of all I feel a little heavier, or like I sink a little deeper into the sheets. I feel my body going really warm and sometimes it feels sort of having a shot of adrenaline. My hands are the first to go numb, then my arms and then my feet and legs (this is because they are furthest from the Chakra's). Usually I do not get further then this. On the few occasions that I do, I feel most of my body go completely numb and sinking further into my bed. After that (and this works only when I let go all focus on these sensations) I feel the rocking motion. It was explained to me, that this is my astral body shaking itself loose from my physical. Meaning that I'm am really close to an induced OOBE

The problem is that this rocking motion is very odd. You constantly try to counterbalance yourself. You should do the exact opposite but thus far I haven't been able to do this. The sensations are simply to strange to let go.

What you explained about you being there before your astral body seems kind of farfetched. It is because you use your astral body to communicate your physical body. Without astral, you would just go numb and dead (like the feeling of hands going numb). Which means you cannot see your whole astral body from your physical body. You can see it the other way around though. It sounds impossible. What is possible however, is that you saw part of your astral body. I have enormous difficulties trying to get my astral "head" to separate from my physical, because of the 3 chakra's in my head (throat, eyebrow, crown), which actually tie down your astral body when you are awake.
I heard stories about people being able to float upside down in their own bed, while their head seemed to be the turning point. Maybe you were still attached but saw the rest of your astral body float?
BlueHaze

It seems you have your own idea how things should be, and that's fine so I'm not going to argue with you, I'm not competent enough to do that. I also understand what I'm saying sounds impossible - I thought so too initially. Luckily after searching a bit (after I initially had the experience) I found someone who had studied similar effect, Robert Bruce in his book Astral Dynamics.

You can read about the mind split effect here:

http://www.v-j-enterprises.com/rbruce7.html

For now it is the best explanation I've found so far to what perhaps happened. It also gave me a great ease of mind that I was not going crazy or anything.. :) In my own particular case I'd say that I wasn't able to induce the experience on my own, but it happened perhaps by accident..
Rijzerlo

Hmm sounds interesting, good you have some feedback on that. Maybe I shouldn't say impossible, there is still so much possible without us knowing about it. Calling something impossible is way too extreme perhaps.

I did come along some information about the astral body some time ago which could provide more back-up. The astral body should consist out of more than one layer. In fact their should be nine bodies.

http://www.selftransform.net/Light%20Bodies.htm

Our total body consist out of a layer for each Chakra (there are seven to our knowledge, according to the Thiaooubans there are nine...). When I said impossible I meant in the fact that our physical body is nothing but an empty shell. It seems that something has to remain in order to see from your physical eyes (or at least the location of the physical eyes). I also read that when in OOBE, we are able (only when really experienced or talented) to increase or decrease our natural vibrations, giving us access to these other bodies and to other planes (dimensions) in which these bodies exist. Each spiritual body has it's own vibration and while the astral is close to our physical, the others lie on much higher vibrations. Just imagine that there is not two, but nine dimensions to explore, each very different from the other. Very interesting all in all.

Maybe one of your bodies seperated, the astral, but other parts of your bodies remained in order to provide this connection. Sounds plausible. And indeed, sometimes the impact is large when something like that happens, but I've had my share of nightmares in the past, which I created out of my own fear but are nothing more then that. the message mostly being: Stop fearing, there is no need to.

The first I can remember I was still a baby. I was at my grandmothers house lying in a small bed and I saw a demon-like face in a small window above the door. I immediately started crying and my grandmother came. Thats all I remember, but I still do after all these years.
BlueHaze

Hmm, actually if I remember correctly in Thiaoouba Prophecy it was said that there are only 6 chakras (page 161), crown chakra was not apparently noted at all and 3rd eye was said to be the brain of our fluidic body and also the 1st chakra counting top down.. It's still not clear to me what this fluidic body they refer to is though.. In my opinion it seems as if it's the etheric body that Robert Bruce also talks about, and which is married to our physical and cannot detach. Robert Bruce states in the above link that it is in some cases possible to observe the astral body through the etheric body because of the mind split effect, so in my case this would also have been the case. If I understood correctly the etheric body serves as a point of guard so if some noise awakes the body the astral body can return. Thinking now back on my experience I heard something like a bell ringing twice and I live in an apartment house so it might be that in middle of the night the doorbell rang on some of the apartments and this is what alerted the etheric body awake while my astral body was still projecting. What I thought to be my astral body only returned when I got afraid so I was able to observe the surroundings for some time before I noticed that I actually couldn't move at all (and got afraid). Anyway, again I'm just guessing on something that happened roughly a year ago so I might not remember all the smallest details. Still I think it seems plausible based on the information I have so far.

As for all the other bodies and underlying dimensions I haven't really looked that far yet, it seems it can become fairly complex even with the very basics.. :roll:
Rezo

hey youre right, there is no mention of the crown on top

ive heard a steadily increasing volume of high pitch accompanied by a whitish-silver tube, never successfully consciously projected out that far, never yet in terms of becoming aware consciously that is, during the separation itself - apart from lucid dreaming, and realizing im not in my body, and directing myself back to it, then waking up [this was maybe 13 years ago]. the frozen feeling however upon waking up I have had infact a few mornings ago I experienced this. I meditated / prayed shortly and felt that 'part' of me coming back and I felt 'myself' again, I also remember feeling quite heavy at that time.
bomohwkl

[quote="BlueHaze"]
About my earlier experience, what I actually believe that for some reason, freak accident perhaps, my physical mind was woken in my physical body before my astral body returned (I've read later on about how this could happen, check for example explanation for mind split effect from robert bruces work). So it might actually be that what I saw was my astral body returning.. that's is the only rational explanation I can think of so far. The other is the usual "I had a nightmare"-one, but for some reason the impact the experience left on me was so deep that even the rational me could never accept that explanation..

PS. I understand the uneasiness and questions, even fear, this might arise in some people, so I stress that this is purely theoretical, but a possibility nevertheless. Is it possible that the thinking "me" is nothing more than a memory bank in a physical body..? I do consider it a possibility, yes.

I understand that this might seem a bit weird or off the hat conclusion based on my explanation, however what I can't quite sum up here (if even possible) is the thoughts I had, the feelings or sensations I had during the experience etc, that made me come to this conclusion.[/quote]

I offer this explanation

Your physical body is connected to your astral body via silver chord. Your astral body and physical body are in constant communication. It is possible that you can see ur astral body through your physical senses...or using physical eyes to see through astral vision...etc
BlueHaze

bomohowkl, yes I think so too. Silver cord was also mentioned in the link I posted earlier. However I believe that instead of physical body what will be actually used in this state is the (most often referred as) etheric body and its senses. This body is apparently pretty much tied to the physical so without knowing it would seem (as in my case) that you would be simply lying in your bed awake.

It's still unclear how to control all these states, but might explain why for first timers the success will always be a bit of a hit or miss. My guess is that for some people it might be that after learning it they just know how to do it, like driving a bike without fully inspecting all the elements of what actually happens. Robert Bruce for example states that the physical mind has to go to sleep before the split / exit can occur. I think I'm quite confident now to say that I've perhaps witnessed at least a part of this split effect myself, for example in both of my successful exits I noticed that after some time after I had closed my eyes I was actually able to remain awake while part of me drifted asleep (quite difficult to explain otherwise, but this is how it felt) and after realizing this I could quite easily perform the exit by simply willing it to happen.

I wish I could offer some more detailed explanation to other beginners (I've even received one query of this by PM) but for now I'm not sure if I can always even manage to do this myself.. I was quite close a couple of days ago again, but I somehow lacked determination and just drifted back asleep instead.