Gospel of Thomas 15

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

bomohwkl

Gospel of Thomas 15

Jesus said, "When you see one who was not born of women, fall on your face and worship. That's your father"
Anyone has any idea of the meaning?
Vesko

Why do you ask, it's obvious :).
Not born of women -- changed to body that was made by God, i.e. the Thaori
father -- father in spiritual terms, superior in intellect -- Thaori speak of father in the Book, too.
Last edited by Vesko on Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
bomohwkl

Are you sure? It seems to the depth of meaning of all other saying of Jesus.
Vesko

I don't have anything to add.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Lachie

Jesus telling us to worship... that is strange.

Vesko, I would add, not just the Thaori but also the Thiaooubans themselves.

Lachie
God is a games designer =]
Kestrel

Yes I agree very much with Vesko and Lachlie.

Jesus son of "Yehova" which translates to Yehosua son of Thiaoouba. Was born not of a woman on earth.

So many earth cults worship jesus. I think it also shows that he fails to see a reason for such ridiculous worship.
Vesko

Lachie wrote:Vesko, I would add, not just the Thaori but also the Thiaooubans themselves.
You are right. Thao speaks of it, too.
Meedan

I thought the only person not born to a woman was the great intellect. I thought that was what he meant, asking people not to 'worship' false idols or other people.

I also assumed that - in the past - the word 'worship' may have meant something better than today's definition of 'worship'. This was before 'christianity's' corruption etc.
With Love
Vesko

Note it's "one who was not born of women", not "the one." In the Bible, Christ very often speaks of himself. He names himself what we translate as Son of Man, coming from heaven, he says also that things like where I am going you cannot come now, but I'll be waiting for you, etc.
As for worship, you must be correct. Considering that Christ would not tell them to worship him in the sense of cult towards his person, but rather revere what he represented, his heavenly father, the Great Intellect, worship must indeed have had another meaning which was perverted by the newer generations of priests about 300 years later as the Book says, in order to exercise better control over the people.
Last edited by Vesko on Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bomohwkl

i think meedan is right about not born of women
Vesko

It actually seems that "one" is a member of the people who are from the Kingdom of God -- angels and others who are spiritually reborn in heaven. But they are also said to be the Father. How so? See the analysis below. Yes, now I think I am wrong: Christ does not refer to himself, at least not directly. Of course, according to the Book, Christ indeed was not born of a woman, so implicitly, this holds to him, too. But we arguing about direct references here, so here's how I changed my mind:
Matthew 11:11:

"I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has
not arisen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he
who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he."
Logically it follows from the quote that the latter that are in the kingdom of heaven are people not born of women. There they are in a state that is beyond human physicality, and according to the Bible, have the so-called spiritual body. In the kingdom of heaven they are reborn and have a new body. They are also only a pure image of God. The image of God equates to God and Father himself, although God, the Father, has no image himself (those spiritual bodies are His representation). That He has no image is according to the Bible -- Thao notes that explicitly in the Book. Also, if we still reason logically, here on Earth you can't prostate before someone who is purely spirit and has no image. Considering those points I logically conclude that in your quote Christ speaks of those purely spiritual people, the least one of which is higher than anyone on Earth, and by extension, those superior people are the Father because they represent him.
So you are correct with the exception that "one" is not the Father, it is one of the abovementioned spiritual people who is a representative of the Father. It was "one" instead of "the one", which gave me a clue about that.