Gospel of Thomas 97

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

bomohwkl

Gospel of Thomas 97

Jesus said, " The kingdom is like a women who was carrying a jar full of meak. While she was walking along a distance road, the handle of the jar broke and the meal spileed behind her along the road, She did not know it; she had not noticed a problem. When she reached her house, she put the jar down and discovered that it was empty"

Anyone know the meaning?
Vesko

Pay careful attention to your life: you might think your life is successful, that you have achieved everything you needed or wanted, but in attaining this apparent success you may have also compromised your virtues and intellect, becoming an empty shell of a man that appears to be well off on the surface but has no treasure (the meal) in his intellect to carry beyond the inevitable death of the shell (the jar).
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
bomohwkl

I only realized latter that the kingdom is not referring to kingdom of God after I clicked submitted. The kingdom is refer to we, human being and it seems it has been used a few times in Gospel of Thomas. Look Gospel of Thomas 109
Vesko

Yes, the kingdom is the material one in this case. Dimension, so to speak :).
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Lachie

Brilliant, Vesko... I had no idea about that saying, but your explanation makes sense perfectly. I knew this was a good idea :D

Lachie
God is a games designer =]
Kestrel

I tryed to think about it before reading veskos post. I came up with a much similar thought.

You need to consider you're current parth, to verify that you're not missing what you're spiritual goals are. Examine youreself in other words ?