Gospel of Thomas 105

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

bomohwkl

Gospel of Thomas 105

Jesus said, "Whoever knows the father and mother will be called the child of a ***"

Anyone knows the meaning?
Vesko

This one is twisted. This is strictly my own personal interpretation, I have used no other sources.
Father and mother here stand for the material father and mother, the people thanks to whom the child is brought and connected to the material world. It is directly stated that knowing the mother and the father is something negative. Then the interpretation would be:
"knowledge" = being very close with, doing like, following.
"mother and father" = source of the material.
Combining both "knowledge" and "mother and father" = becoming too materialistic.
"called child of a ***" = becoming associated with materialism, becoming too enmeshed in materialism.
But what is the meaning of the ***? Why are the material mother and father also a ***? Because they are not the true mother and father, they are false parents who pretend to be true parents by forgetting their own true spiritual nature and being channels to the child solely for all the woes that come with the material, rather than acknowledging and acting on their spiritual responsibility towards their children.
What do you think?
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Lachie

Perhaps this was also a direct quote decrying incest? In the Bible "knowing" someone meant sleeping with them, and if a mother and father sleep with their children then i think it would be justified to call them *** (people who sleep with others without discriminating).

But your explanation may be true too Vesko.

lachie
God is a games designer =]
Kestrel

Yes however, correct me if I am wrong.

Shall become a ***. If it refferd to inscest they would simply be a ***. However, "shall become" makes it sound as if it is definitly a choice selected by an individual. So I dont think so lachlie.

Being as Yehosua recgonizes the fact intelligence is not based upon male or female. Mother or father rather lies with in the individual. I am trying to think of the meaning of father. I think I've been confused by mis intrerpritations of other books. Father meaning god and ect. So I am pretty much feeling confused in this situation. However Vesko, that sounds pretty good.