Good Quotes (Not Necessarily from the Book)

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Vesko

I know I've made Edgar Cayce a regular here, but as you know there is no devil or hell as per Michel's book, so this really deserves posting:
From what may anyone be saved? Only from themselves! That is, their
individual hell; they dig it with their own desires!

Edgar Cayce Reading 262-40
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Kestrel

Indeed vesko, those are admirable words. One is reminded to think by them, one is reminded by this quote to consider the concequences of their actions, for their own good by these words. I thank you for posting them.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Vesko

Speak to Him, thou, for He hears,
And Spirit with spirit can meet--
Closer is He than breathing,
And nearer than hands and feet.

-Lord Alfred Tennyson
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Marcus

Don't wait for a light to appear at the end of the tunnel, stride down there... and light the bloody thing yourself!
Sara Henderson
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Marcus

In general, mankind, since the improvement of cookery, eat twice as much as nature requires.
Benjamin Franklin
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Bastian

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for
people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -Noam Chomsky
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching
Bastian

And what's he then that says I play the villain,
When this advice is free I give, and honest -- William Shakespeare, Othello
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching
Yothu

There are only two true religions - the religion of love and the religion of fear.
Sandra Rogers
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Bastian

A simple and obvious concept, and yet it is amazing how often people and the media get this completely twisted :

"You are responsible for the predictable consequences of your actions. You are not responsible for the predictable consequences of somebody else's actions. The most important thing for me and for you is to think about the consequences pf your actions.." -- Noam Chomsky, Manufacturing Consent
Vesko

It is appallingly obvious that our technology exceeds our humanity.
--Albert Einstein
Which is also one of the main messages in the book, too!

Hey Marcus, I think the Benjamin Franklin quote above is certainly true. Thank you all for posting.
jamen

a quate

"The politics is the art of obtaining the money of the rich and the vote of the poor with the purpose of protecting the each other." anonymous

I heard it in Spanish but I think It is comprehensible in English... obtain the money of the rich for not to be poor and the vote of the poor for to be rich!!!.

sorry for my English.
Yothu

Re: a quate

jamen wrote:obtain the money of the rich for not to be poor and the vote of the poor for to be rich!!!.
Exactly.

Here's another:
"... can't you see?
It all makes perfect sense,
expressed in Dollars & Cents,
Pounds, Shillings & Pence,
can't you see?
It all makes perfect sense ..."
- Roger Waters (Perfect Sense, Pt.II)
Yothu

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjöld
bomohwkl

Definitions of love differ in individuals' various degrees of appreciation.Some say "love" is undescribable and out of any scholars' intelligence to explain--even God might be Himself reluctant to express its true meaning, and somehow be amazed at the power of it to His handmade mankind.

To define "love",
vocabulary seems insufficient.
To define "love",
eternity shall be taken.
To define "love",
the endlessness of universe
is far easier to be specified.

For myself, even though defining things is definitely not my fashion,
the word "love" holds my spiritual belief, and gives a clear reason of my birth.

I was born an ordinary human who shall learn life and love along the path of time.I was born my parents' son to experience an everlasting, pure love of theirs.I was born a man who is assigned from above to seek another half of mine.
I was born a person to do good deeds to the world and to be a good friend of yours.I was born by love, to love.

The birth of love is unanswerable.
The power of it is unmeasurable.
The end of it is impossible.
Do not be curious about it.
Just feel love, do love.
And being loved shall be
the blossoming flower of
affection in springtime.
bomohwkl

If circumstances are bad and you have to bear them, do not make them a part of yourself. Play your part in life but never forget that it is only a role.