Good Quotes (Not Necessarily from the Book)

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Vesko

Anonymous wrote:(On pseudoscience) "...there is one feature I notice that is generally missing in 'cargo cult science'... It's a kind of scientific integrity, a principle of scientific thought that corresponds to a kind of utter honesty -- a kind of leaning over backwards... For example, if you're doing an experiment, you should report everything that you think might make it invalid--not only what you think is right about it... Details that could throw doubt on your interpretation must be given, if you know them." -- DR. RICHARD P. FEYNMAN
From my experience, reporting details that could invalidate one's research is seldom seen in today's scientific papers because of all the scientific glory and pomp and money that is at stake.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Marcus

"The best investment on Earth is Earth"

Louis J. Glickman
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Marcus

"Only after the last tree has been cut down".
"Only after the last river has been posioned".
"Only after the last fish has been caught".
"Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten".

Old indian saying.

Vesko

For those who feel hesitation in their lives, here's the following quote from Edgar Cayce Reading 792-2:
The more and more each is impelled by that which is intuitive, or the relying upon the soul force within, the greater, the farther, the deeper, the broader, the more constructive may be the result.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Lachie

Here's one that I remember whenever I am about to ask a girl out...

"Memento Mori"

It's latin for "Remember we must die." Just think - do all you can now, cause you'll be dead soon.

Lachie
God is a games designer =]
Vesko

Lachie wrote:Here's one that I remember whenever I am about to ask a girl out...

"Memento Mori"

It's latin for "Remember we must die." Just think - do all you can now, cause you'll be dead soon.

Lachie
Lachie, could you please enlighten me why you need to do all you can with the girl at that respective moment? :oops:
Marcus

"In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments - there are consequences".

Robert G. Ingersoll.

Vesko

"But do not put off today that which will bring hope and help to the mind of another... Those things that make for the putting off become a joy never fulfilled. Use, then, the experiences from day to day as the basis, and these will grow under thine very effort; surprising even to self as to the joy that comes from same, and gradually taking shape to become a joy to self and blessings to others."

Edgar Cayce Reading 877-9
Vesko

That one may be counterintuitive to some, but it rings true if we think about it:
...happiness is love of something outside of self! It may never be obtained, may never be known by loving only things within self or self's own domain!
Lachie

Hi vesko,

Sorry I just caught your reply then. I thought it was pretty clear - do all you can with the girl, or whatever, because soon you will be dead and in the ground.

Oh, to die and then discover you have never lived....

Lachie
God is a games designer =]
Leo

Time served on the Earth doesn't mean you grow in mind - Creed
They have eyes, but they do not see - ears, but they do not hear...
Vesko

Quite an important one, I think:
Learn the lesson well of the spiritual truth: Criticize not unless ye wish to be criticized. For, with what measure ye mete it is measured to thee again. It may not be in the same way, but ye cannot even think bad of another without it affecting thee in a manner of a destructive nature. Think well of others, and if ye cannot speak well of them don't speak! but don't think it either!

Edgar Cayce Reading 2936-2
Meedan

Not the most meaningful of quotes, but I like it:
The bottom line from an agnostic astronomer: "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance: He is about to conquer the highest peak: As he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries." (Jastrow, God and the Astronomers, 116)
With Love
Vesko

Hahaha, it's really great, I was told that when I was in university but didn't know its source. Thank you, Meedan.
Zark

"If you succeed through violence at the expense of other's rights and welfare, you have not solved the problem, but only created the seeds for another." - William Wheaton
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams