Good Quotes (Not Necessarily from the Book)

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Kestrel

If you wish to find out what you're enemys doing. Look in the mirror.

Thats my current attempt to create a quote ;) Obviously because the only individual whom is you're enemy is but yourself.

Don't attempt to discuss apples with one who only speaks of orange trees.

Hmmm what do you think ?
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Vesko

Kestrel wrote:If you wish to find out what you're enemys doing. Look in the mirror.
I think that this one is great. Congratulations, Kestrel! What do others think?
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
GreatIntellect

I love it. :D
Cezyl

"You are beautiful" - Christina Aguilera

"The highest purpose of your life is to be yourself to the best of your ability and live each moment as fully as possible." - Bashar, Darryl Anka, http://www.bashar.org

"What would you do if you knew you were totally safe and protected, guided and loved by the higher forces of the universe? If you knew your soul was assisting you in every way possible, and if you knew you could fully trust your wiser self, would you make a different decision?" - Orin, Guide of Sanaya Roman, Personal Power Through Awareness, http://www.orindaben.com

"Hike up your skirt a little more, and show your world to me" - 'Crash', Dave Matthews, Dave Matthews Band
http://www.cezyl.com
http://www.louisobe.com
http://www.cezyl.com/OBEs/the_astral_realm.htm
I don't go OBE anymore. I come back from it. - Cezyl
Kestrel

"He who fears nothing, is some one to fear"

Meaning that the only individuals whom fear something need a motive too. Most likly because they control others with fear, they hide something ect. When a person comes along that's strong minded unique that refuses to submit to them. Then they are the ones left in fear, fear of not having power. Those whom no longer would have such power would just realize how little they know themselfs, which is why they fear right ?

Also by me of course.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Marcus

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."

Arthur Bloch
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Kestrel

Thats a good one.
Thao
Zark

"I am the left eye
You are the right
Would it not be madness to fight?"

--Faithless
Last edited by Zark on Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Zark

Cezyl wrote:"The highest purpose of your life is to be yourself to the best of your ability and live each moment as fully as possible." - Bashar, Darryl Anka, http://www.bashar.org
hi cezyl, thats a good quote..8). You know, I went to bashar.org and laughed myself silly !! :D Check out the audio file half way through this document (you need quicktime to play the audio file). As far as I can tell he was being serious.. ?

Also.. that flash thingy at the end of that page was truly excellent.

cheers,
z
Last edited by Zark on Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Marcus

"A man may live, a man may die - searching for the question why, but if he tries to rule the sky he must fall"

Cat Stevens

Yothu

If something burns on your tongue, let it burn. (sufic origin)

Treat your fellows as if they already were what they are meant to be and thus help them to become as they could be. (Goethe)

For all sins there is forgiveness except one and that is pastime. (sufic origin)

---

The last one suits Marcus' signature (below) very well I think.
"In the process of play, you have gradually developed your intelligence, imagination, the ability to think and draw conclusions. There was nothing else to do. You have figured out that becoming more intelligent was far more pleasant than remaining stupid and primitive. Every time you chose not to think for too long - your intellect and imagination regressed and some of your "memory" got erased. Hence, you established a motive to evolve and continuously develop your intellect."

Tom Chalko
Greetings
Matthias :thumright:
Last edited by Yothu on Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Marcus

"High time we made a stand and shook up the views of the common man"

Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears For Fears.

Vesko

"Every truly great accomplishment
is at first impossible."
-- Chinese proverb
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
bomohwkl

"Listen to all conversations of our world, between nations as well as those between couples. They are of most part dialogues of the deaf." -Dr. Paul Turnier
Vesko

bomohwkl wrote:"Listen to all conversations of our world, between nations as well as those between couples. They are of most part dialogues of the deaf." -Dr. Paul Turnier
Thank you for the great quote. I looked up it on the web and it really reflects reality. We don't listen to each other although each has the great need to be listened to.