Good Quotes (Not Necessarily from the Book)

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Yothu

Wow, that's a good one, Vesko!
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Vesko

It somehow hit me when I read it.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Vesko

It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.
-Upton Sinclair
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
shezmear

so true....
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Vesko

Graffiti on a wall: God is dead! (Signed Friedrich Nietzsche)
Graffiti below that: Friedrich Nietzsche is dead! (Signed God)
From http://www.swamij.com. I highly recommend this site.
Yothu

Up and down,
rise and fall,
mankind's fate is.

(Unknown author, seen in the digitally remastered artificial grotto constructed by Freyherr von Braun, in Schönau 1896.)
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Vesko

Some quotes I selected from http://www.quotegarden.com/chakras.html. Don't miss the whole list there :).
Let's not forget that the little emotions are the great captains of our lives and we obey them without realizing it.
-Vincent Van Gogh

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

The greatest hazard of all, losing one's self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed.
-The Sickness Unto Death [Kierkegaard]

Up to a point a man's life is shaped by environment, heredity, and movements and changes in the world about him. Then there comes a time when it lies within his grasp to shape the clay of his life into the sort of thing he wishes to be. Only the weak blame parents, their race, their times, lack of good fortune, or the quirks of fate. Everyone has it within his power to say, "This I am today; that I will be tomorrow."
-Louis L'Amour

Not being able to govern events, I govern myself, and apply myself to them, if they will not apply themselves to me.
-Michel de Montaigne

It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.
-Author unknown

Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power.
-Seneca

Every time you don't follow your inner guidance, you feel a loss of energy, loss of power, a sense of spiritual deadness.
-Shakti Gawain

When your heart speaks, take good notes.
-Judith Campbell

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
-William Shakespeare

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
-Dalai Lama

The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.
-Mother Teresa

Who, being loved, is poor?
-Oscar Wilde

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.
-Henry Van Dyke

A man is not where he lives, but where he loves.
-Latin Proverb

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
-Mark Twain

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
-George Washington Carver

You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
-John Wooden

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
-Leo Buscaglia

Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
-Og Mandino

There is in a man an upwelling spring of life, energy, love, whatever you like to call it. If a course is not cut for it, it turns the ground round it into a swamp.
-Mark Rutherford (William Hale White),

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.
-Epictetus

The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn't being said.
-Author unknown

Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.
-Benjamin Spock

There is a wisdom of the head, and... a wisdom of the heart.
-Charles Dickens

Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will find them gradually, without noticing it, and live along some distant day into the answer.
-Rainer Maria Rilke

It is only when we silent the blaring sounds of our daily existence that we can finally hear the whispers of truth that life reveals to us, as it stands knocking on the doorsteps of our hearts.
-K.T. Jong

Never be afraid to sit awhile and think.
-Lorraine Hansberry

There is no god higher than truth.
-Mahatma Gandhi

Some patients I see are actually draining into their bodies the diseased thoughts of their minds.
-Zacharty Bercovitz

We live longer than our forefathers; but we suffer more from a thousand artificial anxieties and cares. They fatigued only the muscles, we exhaust the finer strength of the nerves.
-Edward George Bulwer-Lytton

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.
-Lao Tzu
Vesko

The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved.
-Victor Hugo
I am very busy. I am preparing my next mistake.
-Bertolt Brecht
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
-Martin Luther King Jr.
Vesko

One of the pearls from the teachings of my dear old friend, the Rishi, which he uttered during one of our conversations was: "My son, the brain of man is his storehouse for knowledge, but the holding capacity of this storehouse is limited. Therefore, never put anything into it that is not valuable for your spiritual progress, or that which is not absolutely necessary for the development and continuance of your material body to the end of this incarnation, in order to prepare for your entrance into the world beyond.

"Learn and store the wisdom of the teachings of nature, for nature is the great school house for attaining wisdom, nature is God's voice speaking.

"Materialism, generally, is not worth storing, only that which appertains to the elevation of your mind and soul, that which will raise you to a higher plane, thus preparing you for the continuance of your life in the world beyond, a step in your eternal life.

"And remember, that when you enter the world beyond, you will leave all materialism behind. You can take nothing with you, nor will you remember anything about it, only Love you will remember, for Love, like your soul, is everlasting, it cannot die.

"Approach the Heavenly Father with full confidence and love. His loving arms are always stretched out to welcome you. If you slip or fall by the way, yet approach Him in confidence and penitence, He will forgive and welcome you because He, Himself, is all Love."
-from the book "The Sacred Symbols of Mu" by James Churchward.
bomohwkl

You only start to contend when you stop measuring yourself. - Aisin
Aisin

Wow!! bomohwkl, I didn't expect that! Anyway, errr... thank you.
Aisin

A Yogi by the name of Sat Guru Sant Keshavadasji once gave a talk about the physical body that was quite interesting. He said that if we spent as much time taking care of ourselves spiritually as we take care of our body, that we would all be enlightened by now. He said that if you think about it, you go to school in order to get an education so that eventually you can land a good paying job. You want that job so that you can pay rent or mortgage on a house, and buy groceries, clothing, entertainment, get a mate, and put some money away for your retirement. All of these things are really about pleasing your body. You feed the body three times a day. You wash your body. You clothe your body, and give it shelter so it stays in good health. You create a savings account, and try to put money away for retirement so that you can maintain pleasing your body after you have stopped working. You exercise it, and buy it toys to play with. You transport it around on bicycles, motorcycles, automobiles and airplanes. All of this, and much more, just to please the body. How much do you do for your spirit ? Meditation is food, and shelter for your spirit.
From ~ http://spiritualdove.com/the_middle_path.htm
shezmear

Man is in conflict; he wants to live a long time yet is afraid of old age…Chinese proverb

Tact is the art of making a point with out making an enemy…P.K Shaw I think…
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Zio

I have never known that proverbs is that... long to read.

In my MSN MySpace, I have gathered a lot of proverbs/quotes... I wanted people to read it, but when I wanted to read those 7 pages here... :? I skipped a lot... sigh.

Here's something for a change: Bible verses XP:

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7

Do not rebuke a mocker or he will hate you; rebuke a wise man and he will love you. Proverbs 9:8

Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him. Proverbs 26:16

Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes. Proverbs 26:5

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? Matthew 16:26

Such is the end of all who go after ill-gotten gain; it takes away the lives of those who get it. Proverbs 1:19

I say to you brothers: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. James 1:19

A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

I know what you guys think about the Bible... but as you know, not ALL of it is untrue...
Aisin

Zio wrote:I know what you guys think about the Bible.
This is a little presumptuous. Strictly speaking, we're not a group that preaches or are abided by any specific dogma. Hence there is no generalized view on the christian bible.

On the other hand, you might notice as you continue to explore, there're many individuals here who appreciate the beauty of enlightening instances in the bible, which had been discussed and quoted elsewhere in the forum.