Good Quotes (Not Necessarily from the Book)

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Zark

Good Quotes (Not Necessarily from the Book)

"Death is not extinguishing the light; it is putting out the lamp because dawn has come." --Rabindranath Tagore

"The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled." --Plutarch

thanks go to the "left-field-psi" guys for these quotes:http://b4.ezboard.com/bleftfieldpsi
Bastian

"The unexamined life is not worth living."
-- Plato

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it"
--Aristotle

"When you go out to seek revenge, dig two graves"

(I think the last one is quite applicable given current events..)
Zark

"It is not uncommon for engineers to accept the reality of phenomena that
are not yet understood, as it is very common for physicists to disbelieve
the reality of phenomena that seem to contradict contemporary beliefs of
physics"
- H. Bauer
found this quote here
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Marcus

"Everyone's responsibility is no one's responsibility"

Anonymous.
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.

"There is an old Zen analogy that the way to calm, clear and quiet the mind is similar to the way to clear a muddy pool -- not by action, by doing, by stirring it up, but by stillness, by letting it be, by letting it settle itself."

"Even your body knows its heritage and its rightful needs and will not be deceived.
And your body is the harp of your soul,
And it is yours to bring forth sweet music from it or confused sounds."
- Kahlil Gibran. The Prophet

"It is highly dishonourable for a reasonable soul to live in so divinely built a mansion as the body she resides in, altogether unacquainted with the exquisite structure of it." - Robert Boyle, 1627-91

"To live by medicine is to live horribly." - Carl Linnaeus, 1707-78

Hope you like these :)
Bastian

(On pseudoscience) "...there is one feature I notice that is generally missing in 'cargo cult science'... It's a kind of scientific integrity, a principle of scientific thought that corresponds to a kind of utter honesty -- a kind of leaning over backwards... For example, if you're doing an experiment, you should report everything that you think might make it invalid--not only what you think is right about it... Details that could throw doubt on your interpretation must be given, if you know them." -- DR. RICHARD P. FEYNMAN
Marcus

"We are drowning in information but starved for knowledge"

John Naisbitt

Meedan

Under Capitalism, man exploits man. Under Communism, it's just the opposite.

(unknown)
With Love
bomohwkl

"Our physical bodies were simply pieces of meat that we torture with our poor psyches" -Vesko

I like that quote.
Vesko

bomohwkl wrote:"Our physical bodies were simply pieces of meat that we torture with our poor psyches"
It indeed feels so in the type of experience I've described. It's unmistakable.

What would this topic be without:

"Man exists spiritually for the sole purpose of developing physically."
-a drunk reader of "Thiaoouba Prophecy".

Ah yes, it is actually:

"Man exists physically for the sole purpose of developing spiritually."
-"Thiaoouba Prophecy".
Marcus

" I shut my eyes in order to see"

Paul Gauguin

Zark

"..it is now very important that your experts invent the special equipment necessary, to enable perception of the Aura, as this, in turn, will ensure that correct choices are made at the critical cross-roads ahead." -- Thaora

this quote continues :
"The Russians have already photographed the Aura. This is the beginning, but the results obtained allow them only to read the first two letters of the alphabet, as it were, in comparison with what we [people of Thiaoouba] are able to decipher. The reading of the Aura in order to heal the physical body is nothing compared with what such a reading can achieve for the psychic body, or the pysiological body. It is in the area of the psyche that, on Earth, your greatest problems exist."

and another quote :
"Technology should assist spiritual development, not confine people, more and more, within a materialistic world, as is happening now on your planet."
Last edited by Zark on Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vesko

It's ironic that it's invented already but is expensive and is not widespread :)
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Zark

Vesko wrote:It's ironic that it's invented already but is expensive and is not widespread :)
I added the rest of the quote in green above.. There is much work still to be done to improve this technology. However the current techology does appear to be quite functional doesn't it?.

with metta,
z
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Vesko

Zark wrote:
Vesko wrote:It's ironic that it's invented already but is expensive and is not widespread :)
I added the rest of the quote in green above.. There is much work still to be done to improve this technology. However the current techology does appear to be quite functional doesn't it?.

with metta,
z
Definitely agree on both counts :) . Currently no color information can be obtained, and large objects cannot be measured, e.g. aura around head, due to risk from electrocution. But current technology can do wonders due to quite precise and presymptomatic diagnosis.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?