Good Quotes (Not Necessarily from the Book)

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Zio

O_o oups, I didn't mean that way XP Even Thao said that the story of the virgin Mary was true... I meant what you said Aisin:
"there're many individuals here who appreciate the beauty of enlightening instances in the bible"
I'm still filtering my christian view... I'm having a lot of questions... I'm going to check "elsewhere in the forum" ^^
ptex

"You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

I cannot emphasize enough the importance of the this quote!
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Zio

Nice one Ptex ^^, another one in my collection :D I put all my quotes/proverbs in my MSN MySpace ^^, if you wish to see, PM me so that we can exchange e-mails. (btw, it's 7 pages long, and some of them are made by me :D)

anyway, he's some (M.W is my initials :D)

When you hate someone, be prepared for its consequences. BR

Eat what you don't usually eat, don't eat what you usually eat. M.W

Perfectness needs everything, even imperfectness. M.W

you receive more if you give.

You may hate the sin, but you are to love the sinner. C.E Koop

I didn't write anything.

To not suffer kills. Bernard Werber

Everything is paradox and true wisdom is to perceive them. bernard werber

Practice what we know. M.W

Simpler is better.

The secret of secrets is that there is no secret. M.W

Ignoring someone is worse than hurting him. Masaru Emoto

My friends are those who wants to help me even if they are not my friends. M.W

I do a lot of them, and I forget really quickly, so I write them on MySpace :D
Zark

Now is the time to for the world to know that every thought and action is sacred. - Hafiz, 13th Century Sufi Master
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
ptex

"Do not believe in what you have heard; do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations; do not believe anything because it is rumored and spoken of by many; do not believe merely because the written statements of some old sage are produced; do not believe in conjectures; do not believe in that as a truth to which you have become attached by habit; do not believe merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. After observation and analysis, when it agrees with reason and is conductive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

Gautama Buddha ~2600 years ago
bomohwkl

THERE IS NO WEALTH BUT LIFE,”
LIFE, INCLUDING ALL ITS POWERS OF LOVE,
OF JOY, AND OF ADMIRATION. THAT COUNTRY IS THE RICHEST WHICH NOURISHES THE GREATEST NUMBER OF NOBLE AND HAPPY HUMAN BEINGS;THAT MAN IS RICHEST
WHO, HAVING PERFECTED THE FUNCTIONS OF HIS OWN LIFE TO THE UTMOST, HAS ALSO THE WIDEST HELPFUL INFLUENCE.”
John Ruskin
1819 –1900
bomohwkl

higher intelligence may lead to greater achievement, but it also brings with it greater awareness of alternatives, which may lead to frustration.
survivor

...we have to accept humiliation, before we can move forward.
an act against {free will} is an act against nature
Leo

Unknown source
He who dies with the most toys wins
Leo
He who dies with the most toys wins... the ability to be reborn over and over again, until he realizes we are born physically to develop spiritually, not materialistically
:P
They have eyes, but they do not see - ears, but they do not hear...
Rezo

I believe there was a shirt 'no fear' on it that said 'he who dies w/the most toys...still dies.'

funny that was a while ago but that stuck in my head.
alexH

The only reason theres something holding us back is because there's more to understand - Me
(came up with it randomly today)

True knowledge is like quicksand. The more you resist it, the closer you come to your death. -me

Everybody's a seed. Whether you choose to fall on soil or rock all depends on you. -me:P

i just came up with those to now :P

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
-Harvey Fierstein

The fear of life is the most common disease around.
(edited by me, altered from :
The fear of life is the favorite disease of the 20th century.)
William Lyon Phelps
If a blind man leads another, they will both fall into a pit. -Jesus Christ

The no-mind not-thinks no-thoughts about no thing.
Gautama Buddha
Zark

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.
- Abraham Lincoln
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
ptex

Re: Good Quotes (Not Necessarily from the Book)

No matter how high we soar in the skies of transcendental wisdom and intellectuality... at the same time we ought to keep our feet on the earth, by being able to drink the beauty and goodness honeycombed in all life.
~Paramahansa Yogananda
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
pax47

Re:

ptex wrote:"Do not believe in what you have heard; do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations; do not believe anything because it is rumored and spoken of by many; do not believe merely because the written statements of some old sage are produced; do not believe in conjectures; do not believe in that as a truth to which you have become attached by habit; do not believe merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. After observation and analysis, when it agrees with reason and is conductive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

Gautama Buddha ~2600 years ago
This is the greatest quote I've ever read. Thanks to Prince Gautama! I'll be enlightened someday!
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Prince Gautama "Buddha"
pax47

Re: Good Quotes (Not Necessarily from the Book)

"What is essential is invisible to the eye" - Antoine de Saint Exupery ( The Book: The Little Prince )
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Prince Gautama "Buddha"