Your Home

Discussion on technology and how it could be used to assist spiritual development and NOT enslave us. This includes technology that will help us live in harmony with Nature (e.g.: "Lifter" technologies that could replace the petrol driven engine). Also, discussion of past and current scientific thought so that gems are not buried in the sands of time, and spiritual progress through science is achieved.

Moderator: Moderators

Kestrel

Your Home

I do not own my own home. I live in a house I have lived in all my life but its not quite mine.

I was just wondering if anyone else besides tom has decided to do some creative things. Do you have any ideas for the future plans perhaps?

What do you think we should have in our homes to make them better ?
Lena

my friend's house is completely self-sufficient. they actually make more electricity than they need and end up selling some of it to the local power plant. they live in Vermont. I would love to live in a self sufficient home, unlike the huge house I live in now. my parents are divorced, so I mostly live in my mom's house, which is big, but I like the size of my dad's house better. it's half the size, more simple, less hassle. here, I feel almost like I'm all by myself because my sister, mom, and I are all spread out in the house doing our own thing and we hardly ever see eachother. its ridiculous. but at my dad's house I always end up hanging out with my family just because they're around. also, it's less walking distance to the bathroom or kitchen, and because I haven't lived there my whole life accumilating ***, my room is nice and clutter free, which is very relaxing.

so in conclusion, smaller homes are better than larger homes, unless you don't get along with your family. and clutter should be avoided. white ceilings are nice because they're perfect for looking at the aura of your hand and arm when you get up and before you go to bed.
Vesko

I am sorry to hear about your parents. I hope you learn from their errors.
For one, a house that is too large for the people living in it requires too much maintenance and thus wastes time and other resources.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
bomohwkl

Vesko wrote
For one, a house that is too large for the people living in it requires too much maintenance and thus wastes time and other resources
Very very true! And I have a real life example to demostrate that too. I am kind of nomadic.