Advances in Communication to Change Spectrum Policy

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Vesko

Advances in Communication to Change Spectrum Policy

This article about future usage of the electromagnetic spectrum in the Economist is, I think, an interesting read to many. I've put it in the Unrelated forum for obvious reasons. Although one could say it does have a relation to telepathy -- from the article it becomes evident how primitive our present communication technology is and how it only very poorly differentiates signals. This poor differentiation, which is set to improve with technological advances, has been one of the causes for more than 70 years of worldwide government control over the electromagnetic spectrum. The article says that in contrast to "dumb radios", our brains are "equipped with powerful software". There is no such thing as radio interference in Nature, and surprisingly, radios can evolve.

Notable quotes from the article:
Communication is no longer a matter of frequency, but of computation
and
Even a sliver of new unlicensed spectrum in the very low frequencies could therefore make an enormous difference. It could, for example, make possible a cheap alternative to cable and digital-subscriber line modems (for which roads have to be dug up and trees uprooted) in delivering high-speed internet access across “the last mile” to the consumer.
“Amazing things have been done with Wi-Fi in garbage spectrum,” says Tren Griffin, who is in charge of spectrum matters at Microsoft. “The pregnant question is: what if we took a tiny amount of good spectrum and repurposed it?” It might at last become feasible and economic to begin bridging the world's digital divide. If low-frequency spectrum became free for innovators, then business plans to bring connectivity to villages in India and China, as well as rural Montana, would soon follow. Lives in many places could one day be richer thanks to vibrations in the air.
The last one makes you think about how history could be very different, in the positive direction, if things are thought out in advance and planned well. But, oh well, we are 1st category, and it's all about money and control...
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Zark

Ever since reading TP I have wondered whether this EM radiation is harmful to the delicate electronic equipment housed in our physical bodies.. ie: our astral bodies

there was an interesting medical technology based on faraday's cage (which blocks EM radiation). A product called "farabloc" is useful for certain medical problems such as inflamation, muscle cramps, and sports injuries.. here is their website: http://www.farabloc.com/

haven't tried it myself, but I knew someone on another forum who had success using it for some kind of pain.. I think it was caused by pinched nerves?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Vesko

Thank you very much, Zark. This certainly is very notable. I am sure many people in such kind of distress don't know that this even exists.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?