Loud Noise

Discussion on preserving Nature: preventing the pollution, destruction and disbalancing of the finely-tuned natural ecosystems on our planet.

Moderator: Moderators

Yothu

I don't understand, Meedan, sounds like you want to have a babysitter?

PS: Man, this is just a joke... :wink:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
bomohwkl

Why does the higher-self not help?

I had a sudden realization of the answer:
Life is a lesson whether you like it or not. We are here to learn the lesson. The Universal law forbids saving someone from a lesson of life. If not life is not a lesson anymore and there is no point of growing spiritually.Hints can be given but not direct intervention. Our Freedoom of Choice is the tool of lesson. We need to learn to choose music that could bring us physical, emotional, psychological and mental well-being.

We do, at times, prevent your experts from ‘playing with matches’ but it is important that our assistance not be relied upon when mistakes are made. If we judge it appropriate to ‘lend a hand’, we do so, but we can’t, and we don’t wish to save you from disaster automatically - that would be to contravene Universal Law
‘The third and last reason is the main one. Universal Law is well-established and is as strictly enforced as that which controls the planets revolutions around their suns. If you make a mistake, you pay the penalty - immediately, in ten years time, or in ten centuries time, but errors must be paid for. Thus, from time to time we are permitted, or even advised, to offer a helping hand but we are formally forbidden to ‘serve the meal on a plate’.
Meedan

I agree, that is the case when the person has made the choice to be exposed to loud music, but that is not what this topic is about. What I am talking about is when someone is forced into such a situation, and people who are hard-of-hearing, deaf people, in the womb, etc.

Again, Higher-selves can and do induce diseases to alert us to problems in our actions or mind states, and to make a certain problem more obvious, why do they not opt for something along those lines?
bomohwkl wrote: I think H.S saved someone because it is deemed as an accident and not the time for the person to die yet.
If this is the case then surely the HS would intervene to save someone because they are accidentally being exposed to loud noise, and it is not time for their astral body to be damaged.
With Love
bomohwkl

Again, Higher-selves can and do induce diseases to alert us to problems in our actions or mind states, and to make a certain problem more obvious, why do they not opt for something along those lines
The question is in what situation that the HS will opt to induce disease.
I have little observation abaout this subject but according to Tom
When we consistently fail to meet the goal that we specified ourselves before we were born - our own body (via our own Higher Self) reminds us that we are not quite on track. We develop mysterious "diseases".
Speakers are only the recent invention considering the life span of a single human being.

Physical death is quick in an accident. To just need to hit by a speeding car and your body will disintegreate. It requires on accident to kill your body.Exposing to loud music doesn't intergrate your astral body like the physical accident. You still have sometime to heal it. But prolong exposure is dangerous.

Interesting to investigate whether people who are born naturally deaf and hard of hearing will be very senstive discomfort from loud noise just by sensation of vibration received from the body.
I have seen babies ONSTAGE at their father's rock concert, wearing ear-muffs 'to protect them' from the noise. Why does the higher-self not help?
To question is what lessons are in stored for the father and the baby. Keep thinking....
What happen if a father keep subjecting his baby with hallucinating drug without knowing the damaging effect of the drug? Look at babies who had subjected to cocktail of drugs and have grown up. What lessons we could learn? What lessons could the father learn? More interesting why the astral body wants to choose that life of subjecting itself with drugs while as a baby?
Yothu

bomohwkl wrote:To question is what lessons are in stored for the father and the baby. Keep thinking....
What happen if a father keep subjecting his baby with hallucinating drug without knowing the damaging effect of the drug? Look at babies who had subjected to cocktail of drugs and have grown up. What lessons we could learn? What lessons could the father learn? More interesting why the astral body wants to choose that life of subjecting itself with drugs while as a baby?

Nasreddin Hodsha and the cherry tree

One day Nasreddin sat under a cherry tree, dozing a little bit. Right in front of him there was a field of watermelons. Absorbed in regarding the watermelons, Nasreddin began to wonder. He said to himself: "How strange that such big fruit as watermelons grow on such tender bushes and tiny fruit like the cherries above me on such a big tree. There is surely something wrong with it. Perhaps the creator has made a mistake?"
Immediately a cherry fell straight from the tree onto Nasreddin's head, and he hailed: "Praise Allah, the Almighty, the Omniscient."
Meedan

It would certainly be interesting to find that out about deaf people.

I understand what you said about the accident intervention. It is not a sudden incident for the HS to save you from, but a long process, so there is less chance that the HS will intervene in that way.

It is important to remember that even noise from traffic was said to be damaging. There are thousands of people that live next to very noisy roads, that cannot afford to move, cannot afford double-glazed windows :P . If they do notice a problem, think how many different factors they could think is causing it. Even the most aware person would take years to figure out what was causing the damage. I just hope that noise from traffic is sufficiently less damaging than eg. discos, so that someone could easily recover even from years of exposure.

Nasreddin Hodsha and the cherry tree

One day Nasreddin sat under a cherry tree, dozing a little bit. Right in front of him there was a field of watermelons. Absorbed in regarding the watermelons, Nasreddin began to wonder. He said to himself: "How strange that such big fruit as watermelons grow on such tender bushes and tiny fruit like the cherries above me on such a big tree. There is surely something wrong with it. Perhaps the creator has made a mistake?"
Immediately a cherry fell straight from the tree onto Nasreddin's head, and he hailed: "Praise Allah, the Almighty, the Omniscient."
I like that story, perhaps you could post it in the 'Good Quotes' topic.
With Love
Yothu

Meedan wrote: It is important to remember that even noise from traffic was said to be damaging. There are thousands of people that live next to very noisy roads, that cannot afford to move, cannot afford double-glazed windows :P . If they do notice a problem, think how many different factors they could think is causing it. Even the most aware person would take years to figure out what was causing the damage. I just hope that noise from traffic is sufficiently less damaging than eg. discos, so that someone could easily recover even from years of exposure.
I don't think that too many deaf people go to discos or rock concerts or work with jackhammers.

What I can confirm in regard of my personal experience is that traffic noise is very harmful to your wellbeing. I lived at a corner of a very busy street for 48 months and experienced a HUGE relief when I finally moved away. I don't know if there are a lot of deaf people around living in noisy appartments, but I believe they can definitely feel the vibrations in a room, or even in the air (and of course in their body and soul). What helped me a lot though was to play music in my appartment so that the vibrations of the music "overshaded" those of the traffic noise.
There are thousands of people that live next to very noisy roads, that cannot afford to move, cannot afford double-glazed windows
I believe that in such cases the HS will intervene in subtle ways. Eg initiate countermeasures like letting you renew your windows, letting you play music and/or move your bed to a more quiet location in your appartment (if not moving away from there geographically) etc. In spite of discos and loud rock concerts I could imagine that it will give you some sort of dissatisfaction or strange feeling in case of long-term exposure to Astral body damaging vibrations. Which means that unless you want to damage yourself it will try to "move you away" from unwanted influence.

My higher self won't save me from going to McDonald's five days a week, even though this could have a tremendous negative effect on my psyche and thus on the information that I'm broadcasting, won't it?

What do ya say?

PS: I'm glad you enjoyed the story. When I read it the first time in German I found it hilarious. I like this kind of humour very much. I don't dare to put in the quotes section, for I translated it by myself. So if anybody else 's got the english original... :)
Meedan

yothu wrote:What helped me a lot though was to play music in my appartment so that the vibrations of the music "overshaded" those of the traffic noise.
I think the noise vibrations are still there when you do this though, if other people did this to 'help', the damage would continue.
My higher self won't save me from going to McDonald's five days a week, even though this could have a tremendous negative effect on my psyche and thus on the information that I'm broadcasting, won't it?
I don't think McDonald's can cause much damage to the psyche at all, only to the physical body or worst case scenario to the brain's ability to receive and broadcast signals from your astral body (no damage to astral body or mind itself).
With Love
Kestrel

Is noise phsycial information ?
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Bastian

bomohwkl wrote:What happen if a father keep subjecting his baby with hallucinating drug without knowing the damaging effect of the drug? Look at babies who had subjected to cocktail of drugs and have grown up.
Yep, look at what our 'civilisation' is doing now.. kids grow up eating rubbish , playing Nintendo and watching TV. Then we act all shocked when their heads start going funny.. the solution: we dope them up on drugs. :o

It really makes me wonder about what the limitations of the higher self are when an unborn fetus is left to be subjected to heroin, alcohol, etc by their mothers. I have seen pictures much worse than those caused by thalidomide.. a baby born missing a portion of its skull and with strange alien like eyes (not 100% sure if it was caused by drugs though). It looked something like 'Ichthyosis Fetalis' (having second thoughts about posting this link, it really is horrific)

Anyway, this is just a repitition of the usual argument.. "if there really is a Creator how could xyz be allowed to happen"

One hypothesis could be that the link to their Higher Self is so corrupted that HS was unable to intervene.
Meedan

This is another way of thinking about the same situation. Always good to take things to extremes to examine them.

Someone kidnaps you, locks you in a room and plays extremely loud noise into the room 24 hours a day.

Would the HS really do nothing about that? :shock:

(I've heard that the US Military sometimes uses loud noise for its sleep deprivation "techniques" at Guantanamo Bay and Baghram Airbase)
With Love
bomohwkl

imagine a spiritualy advanced people like jews got trapped on earth, enventually, they all regress spiritually. Why damaged the astral body when you have evolved you much. Seem like at the moment people of first catergory planet that has yet realized the danger of noise will enventually regress. Self-destruction in progress......
Zark

Some quotes from Michel's book:

Thao pg 114:
‘The Astral body can only be harmed by two things: drugs and the vibrations occasioned by certain kinds of noise.

Thaora pg 81:
‘To continue on the very important subject of noise, it is such a danger that, if nothing is done, catastrophe is certain.
‘Let us take the example of a discotheque. The people who expose themselves to music that is typically played three times too loudly, are subjecting their brains and their physiological and astral bodies to vibrations which are so harmful. If they could see the damage that is caused, they would vacate the discotheque quicker than if there was a fire.

Thao pg 165-166:
As the great Thaora told you, noise is one of the most noxious pollutants for it upsets your electrons and unbalances your physical compartment. (...)
Let me finish by explaining the dangers of noise. Noise directly attacks the electrons of your Astral body creating parasites, to use a radio and television term. If you are watching a television screen and notice several white spots, this is an indication that a small ‘parasite’ is at work. Similarly, if someone is operating an electric tool next door to your house, such large parasites will be produced on your screen that the image will distort completely.
‘The same thing occurs with the Astral body, but unfortunately you won’t be aware of it in the same way that you are with a television screen; and, it’s much worse, since noise damages your electrons. And yet people say: ‘Oh, we get used to it.’ Your brain ‘tenses’, so to speak and your psyche initiates self-defence mechanisms, but not so the Astral body; a parasite invades its electrons - which, of course, has disastrous repercussions for your Higher Self(...)
Most of your fellow human beings on Earth consider noise pollution to be of negligible concern, but the noise of the exhaust pipe of a motor bike is three to four times worse than the noxious fumes that it discharges. While the fumes affect your throat and your lungs, the noise affects your Astral body.
Last edited by Zark on Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Zark

Maybe one of you guys have access to a motorbike and can find some info out for me, eg. the cruising RPM's (maybe Lachie knows?)

I have been wondering exactly which frequencies of noise are a problem. Since I don't know much about motorbikes I did a bit of searching and found some info here and here. Judging by these two sites the idle speed for your average motorbike is about 900-1200 RPM. This means that when idle it will produce a sound of 15 to 20 Hertz. And when cruising I would expect the engine to be doing twice the RPM's and producing a sound of around 30 to 40 Hz. So my guess would be that it is those booming subwoofers in the dance clubs which are the most harmful.

By the way, these frequencies correlate to brain frequencies in the Beta range..
BETA 13-30 Hz: Normal waking state; attention directed to surroundings. Includes agitated, restless/"monkey mind" states which are especially amenable to treatment with light and sound stimulation.(1)
1. WHAT IS A LIGHT AND SOUND MACHINE?
http://www.mindmodulations.com/research/whatisit.html
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
bomohwkl

It is the low frequency of sound that you set certain parts of your body into vibrational resonance. (and your building too!)