Loud Noise

Discussion on preserving Nature: preventing the pollution, destruction and disbalancing of the finely-tuned natural ecosystems on our planet.

Moderator: Moderators

Vesko

That's right. A curious fact from an old computer help file (Borland CPP):
True story: 7 Hz is the resonant frequency of a chicken's skull cavity. This was determined empirically in Australia, where a new factory generating 7-Hz tones was located too close to a chicken ranch: When the factory started up, all the chickens died.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Yothu

My gosh!
I wonder if Thao used an instrument that killed the men in the parallel universe which works based on sound. I thought maybe she tuned into their individual brain frequency and thus ended their lifes.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Zark

Vesko wrote:That's right. A curious fact from an old computer help file (Borland CPP):
What is that doing in a Borland help file!? Was there a section titled 'how to program the PC speaker and kill chickens'?? :P

That's amazing vesko thank you so much for telling me this. Hopefully we can find some more details about where and when this happened.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Zark

I must be in a good mood today, because for some strange reason I just laughed myself silly when I read through the search results from google. Plenty of silly chatter. I also got some good results from the Usenet. errr... 'good' but only occasionally informative

I should still have a copy of that program somewhere. People are saying that this comes from the Dos version of Turbo C. You can look up nosound() here

"There is no way that 7 hz would be the resonate frequency. Assume that sound travels at 900 ft/second - in the air. That means that a 7Hz sound has a wavelength of over 125 feet. Even for 1/125th wave resonance, this comes to a value over 1 foot. I have never seen any chickens with heads that large."
Quote from here. Ok, so it looks like it isn't the resonant frequency for their skulls, however such a frequency will have an effect on their brain waves (via entrainment).

One of the sanest comments was here:
"10 Hz triggers a fear/flight reaction in most people (claimed USN study), and old telephone bells in the US were tuned 10hz apart to make it hard to ignore a ringing phone... (they had maximum resources tied up at that point, but the meter wouldn't start running till the phone was picked up)"
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Zark

And yet more quotes:

from: http://www.xent.com/pipermail/fork/2001 ... 03280.html
Living human body is lengthwise resonant at 150-300 MHz depending on height and age.

Living human skull cavity is resonant in the 800-900 MHz range.

Living eyeball and testicular cavities are resonant at around 2.5 GHz. This is curious considering the height most microwave ovens are mounted at.
I still need to find the original URL for this doc: http://www.xent.com/pipermail/fork/2001 ... 03263.html
Study: Radio Waves May Kill Mussels

By TAMMY WEBBER, Associated Press Writer

CHICAGO (AP) - Low-frequency radio waves might someday be used instead of chemicals to control zebra mussels, which cause millions of dollars in damage by clogging water intake pipes at power plants and other installations, researchers said Tuesday.

Zebra mussels in an aquarium that were exposed to very low-frequency electromagnetic waves - around 60 hertz, or similar to what is emitted by a power outlet - died within 40 days, according to a study conducted by undergraduate students at Purdue University-Calumet in Hammond, Ind., and presented Tuesday at an American Chemical Society meeting in Chicago.

Though field trials still must be conducted, the technology appears promising, said Matthew F. Ryan, associate professor of chemistry at Purdue. The technique appears to be safe for fish and other aquatic life, he said.

Chemicals such as chlorine and bromine have been used to kill the mussels, but there are concerns about the safety of the substances, Ryan said.

Brought to the United States in the ballast water of oceangoing ships in the 1980s, zebra mussels spread rapidly through the Great Lakes and other inland waterways and have caused millions in damage to power plants and boats.

Gary Wege, a biologist with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in Minnesota, welcomed the study, saying that most efforts to control zebra mussels have failed.

``If you could zap the critters right from the water, that would be great,'' Wege said.

If the technique proves effective, Wege said, electrical barriers could block the mussels from infesting other waters.

Ryan said irradiation appeared to cause zebra mussels to lose large amounts of calcium - essential for shell health and muscle control - as well as sodium and potassium. Only 10 percent of unexposed mussels in another tank died after 40 days, he said.

During experiments, fish collected from the same waters and put in the same tank as the mussels survived. Native clams did not die until being exposed for 90 days.

Ryan said the technology would have to be installed in intake pipes and the radio waves aimed at specific spots.
Vesko

I first read the information around 1991 in either the Turbo C or Borland C help files, as you said in the nosound DOS function. There was no Internet back then, so I couldn't check any of its validity, and when it was mentioned in this topic, it immediately came to mind but I didn't check, either. Now that I searched, too, it indeed seems that while the story may have been true, most probably the chickens did not die because of the 7 Hz sound. On the other hand, did you also come across a discussion that the French and the Nazi experimented with weapons having frequencies in this range? And another one mentioned that monkeys fell from a tree when a sound of 7 Hz was directed at them?

Every object has its resonant frequency and can be damaged by it. A simple example is shattering glass. From a page about the London bridge at http://www.riverdeep.net/current/2000/0 ... idge.jhtml:
Bridges have a "natural frequency." When the wind blows or people cross the bridge at a rhythm that matches this frequency, the force can cause the bridge to vibrate. This phenomenon is called resonance, and the frequency is called resonant frequency. Soldiers are taught to march across a bridge out-of-step, so they won't create vibrations that tap into the bridge's resonant frequency. In extreme cases, the vibrations can cause a bridge to collapse, as happened when the driving force of the wind caused the collapse of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge in Washington State in 1940.
When an oscillating system is driven at one of its resonant frequencies, energy is transferred into the system, causing increased amplitude of the vibrations. An object will not resonate if its system dissipates (releases) energy faster than energy is added.
The above article links to http://www.wellesley.edu/Physics/Rberg/glassdemo.html from where you can access a movie demonstrating glass shattering.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Yothu

Vesko, this phenomenon you mentioned is called 'eigen-resonance' isn't it? I learned about it in school when our physician told us that soldiers are not allowed to march in step across a bridge, because of the imminent danger of creating an 'eigen-resonance'. Well, you mentioned that already.

What troubles me is the fact that cell phones operate at 850/900/1800/1900 Mhz. Dr. Mercola says in a study it was discovered that only 5 minutes of speaking on a cell phone a year (!) is safe.
Vesko

yothu wrote:Vesko, this phenomenon you mentioned is called 'eigen-resonance' isn't it? I learned about it in school when our physician told us that soldiers are not allowed to march in step across a bridge, because of the imminent danger of creating an 'eigen-resonance'. Well, you mentioned that already.
I didn't know this fully qualified name of resonance. I've just read that when an object resonates, it does so at its eigen frequencies.
What troubles me is the fact that cell phones operate at 850/900/1800/1900 Mhz. Dr. Mercola says in a study it was discovered that only 5 minutes of speaking on a cell phone a year (!) is safe.
It was Mercola's site from which I learnt that most of the world's fish is rich in harmful heavy metals, and garlic has to be eaten within an hour (and a half?) if it's smashed. I wonder how true is the former.
As for the cell phone information which I just learnt from you, I looked up the original article, and he doesn't back it up with any research and he says that he uses it 5 minutes a year (probably 10 would be still safe?). He says that such technology is useful, but one needs to use the hands-free function so that such intensive microwave radiation never penetrates the brain.
Zark

My physics isn't good enough for me to have an opinion on whether this C Manual is correct or not. But we have to consider harmonics and perhaps square waves? The only way to know for absolute certainty would be (a) find the source of this info, and that seems unlikely, or (b) test this frequency using the skull of a chicken.

I would bet they died of fear induced stress..
Lachie

Is anyone here afraid of cancer? For those who have read the Joy of Perfect Health, we know how to cure all diseases. That has made me less fearful of the diseases, and while I still take care of myself, I also use a cellphone more often and eat foods that i know are bad for me. I've got that safety net. And if the safety net doesn't work, then i will just die =] No big deal! :P

Lachie
God is a games designer =]
Yothu

Lachie wrote:then i will just die =] No big deal! :P
Yes, I too use the cell phone about 1000 times more often than the recommended 5 minutes per year. Stick to Siemens poeple. These phones emit low radiaton. Quality german hand made products ;)
Meedan

Lachie wrote:Is anyone here afraid of cancer? For those who have read the Joy of Perfect Health, we know how to cure all diseases. That has made me less fearful of the diseases, and while I still take care of myself, I also use a cellphone more often and eat foods that i know are bad for me. I've got that safety net. And if the safety net doesn't work, then i will just die =] No big deal! :P

Lachie
I think that is a terrible idea.

You are conditioning your mind to use dangerous equipment and eat poisonous food. You are training your mind to not care now and wait for the 'cure' later. Just like people who "sin" all week as long as they can go to confession on sundays. You are training your mind to not care about your physical body, which is exactly the opposite to what TJOPH is saying.

You need to re-read the book and understand that it is saying that your body is your personal gift from the great intellect. Do you really want to go on abusing and destroying it, now that you know the dangers?

In your next life, you are not going to have access to the knowledge you have here. Everything that you have conditioned into your mind, however, will stay with you to your next lives.
Last edited by Meedan on Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With Love
Vesko

yothu wrote:
Lachie wrote:then i will just die =] No big deal! :P
Yes, I too use the cell phone about 1000 times more often than the recommended 5 minutes per year. Stick to Siemens poeple. These phones emit low radiaton. Quality german hand made products ;)
Really? Long live my Siemens C55 then!
Vesko

Meedan wrote:In your next life, you are not going to have access to the knowledge you have here. Everything that you have conditioned into your mind, will stay with you to your next lives.
Just a joke: in your next life, you may not have access to this forum and then...

Seriously, I also think that our body is a gift by the Creator, and sometimes I think too much about what the right thing to do is, which is certainly bad when it's really too much.
Meedan

Vesko wrote: in your next life, you may not have access to this forum and then...
You're right, I'd better copy this forum onto a floppy disk then.
With Love