Loud Noise

Discussion on preserving Nature: preventing the pollution, destruction and disbalancing of the finely-tuned natural ecosystems on our planet.

Moderator: Moderators

ptex

bomohwkl wrote:You can use rats if you want. :D But where are you going to find a suitable earplugs for these little creatures? Can your GDV accommodate a rat? Medical research using drugs have to be trailed using rats first. But if you feel that it is ethically incorrect to expose rats at disco-level music, you need to find some suitable substitute.
Thanks for your comment! I feel it's ethically incorrect to expose humans to the noise danger mentioned in TP (e.g. 3 times too loud). The Great Thaora mentions (page 81): "Let us take the example of a discotheque. The people who expose themselves music that is typically played three times too loudly, are subjecting their brains and their physiological and astral bodies to vibrations which are so harmful. If they could see the damage that is caused, they would vacate the discotheque quicker than if there was a fire".

The issue is: how can we measure the harmful effects of excessive sound and still keep people safe from harm? At first I thought this 3 times limit could be the limitation for the experiment, meaning that if we remained below this limit (say 250 %), we could be safe...
But actually interpreting Thaora's words, we can't really imply 250 % as being "Astrally and physiologically" safe! So there's the need to to determine with precision this safety range!

A way to do it could be by taking GDVgrams of progressively louder sound until we observe a considerable change in the tester's readings...

I also believe testing in rats would be useless because humans have distinct auditive characteristics than most of other animals and also because we're looking forward to establishing the effect regarding the Human Astral Body.

Also there's the matter of interference with the testing equipment. GDV requires calibration whenever we change the location or environment of the tests (for obvious reasons). By testing progressively louder sounds up to a certain limit, I'm not certain that we can still consider the results as accurate... I must have additional information which I'm lacking for the moment.

Any suggestions / comments? ;)
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
bomohwkl

ptex wrote:
I also believe testing in rats would be useless because humans have distinct auditive characteristics than most of other animals and also because we're looking forward to establishing the effect regarding the Human Astral Body.
there are always reasons why medical research uses mice to discover the effect on certain drugs on human even through mice and human has quite different physical and psychological behaviour.
Psi

ptex wrote:I feel it's ethically incorrect to expose humans to the noise danger mentioned in TP (e.g. 3 times too loud). The Great Thaora mentions (page 81): "Let us take the example of a discotheque. The people who expose themselves music that is typically played three times too loudly, are subjecting their brains and their physiological and astral bodies to vibrations which are so harmful. If they could see the damage that is caused, they would vacate the discotheque quicker than if there was a fire".

The issue is: how can we measure the harmful effects of excessive sound and still keep people safe from harm?
I agree with you in terms of the morality of this experiment. One could go a step further and say we haven't any right to do this to rats or any other creature, even if we had the technology (miniature earplugs) to do so.

But, having said that, we all know that millions of people all over the world are right now bopping to the sound of loud music in nightclubs. They have been doing it for decades and, I am most certain that if they knew it was harmful, only a small percentage would change (see my earlier analogy regarding the harmful effects of smoking). My point is this: Can an experiment be conducted whereby the subjects are informed beforehand of the dangers of loud music to their astral body. Then get feedback: Who cares enough to stop night-clubbing. Then ask for volunteers from those who say they will continue clubbing. At least this way, they know the 'risk' and they know that we are trying to do something positive about it (or at least test its validity).

To me, that's the most moral and logical approach to this experiment. Needless to say, it should be documented - not just the experiment but also their consent.

Any thoughts?..
"The unexamined life is not worth living."
~ Socrates
bomohwkl

it is easy to see the damage from the undamaged. It is difficult to see the damage when there are already damage. Frequent night clubbers might not be a good choice. Animals have astral bodies too. Does plant has any?
Psi

bomohwkl wrote:it is easy to see the damage from the undamaged. It is difficult to see the damage when there are already damage. Frequent night clubbers might not be a good choice. Animals have astral bodies too. Does plant has any?
Good point, Bomohwkl.

Silly as it sounds, it didn't occur to me that the subjects are already 'damaged'. Thanks for the reality check.

You're right - animals have astral bodies too, but plants do not. They do have, however, electrons ... BUT the burning question - can we measure potential damage to their electrons (assuming we had the technology)?

Thiaoouba Truth interviews:

Meanwell: Michel, speaking about plants, we have talked about humans and animals each have Souls, that there is a connection there in terms of electrons. Do plants in fact have a Soul, have some sort of conscious?

Michel: Yes, they have a consciousness, the plant definitely, as I said two minutes ago the animals absorb a part of the 19% of our electrons. The plants have what we would call an intelligence and the plants are mind readers very great mind readers.
Slightly off-topic, it's interesting to note that there have been a number of documented instances where plants have grown quicker and/or produced bigger produce (fruit and vegetables) when exposed to music. I recall reading that most perform best when 'listening' to classical music versus rock and heavy metal.
"The unexamined life is not worth living."
~ Socrates
Zio

Psi wrote: Slightly off-topic, it's interesting to note that there have been a number of documented instances where plants have grown quicker and/or produced bigger produce (fruit and vegetables) when exposed to music. I recall reading that most perform best when 'listening' to classical music versus rock and heavy metal.
Haha, here, we have a TV show called "Mythbusters". They have tested and concluded that plants can perceive sound vibrations and grows better with those vibrations, no difference between heavy metal to classical.

A French author, Bernard Werber (It seems like he read TP O_O already), write about plants in one of his short story that is based on real facts. He says that the plant reacts when consciousness suffer or dies. Like if a human is murdered beside a tree, it changes its frequency or whatever. And if the murderer lies about his murder beside the same tree, we can tell that the murderer is lying. I'm not lying. It's a true fact.
Essene

Could you provide more information on this please Zio?
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Zio

Zio wrote:I'm not lying. It's a true fact.
Eh, lol, by rereading my post, some things aren't quite accurate :P

It's just another energy field theory... I mean, have you read Celestine Prophecy? That book and Werber's are novels, so it's not hard facts at all.

Anyway, we know that we all have auras and other invisible energy field... In Celestine Prophecy, it says that we can exchange energy with nature and the Divine Source as well.

I don't really know how to explain it, but what they all want to say is that "vibrations" cause by our actions directly affect our environment.

Because I didn't study on those stuff, I can't tell more but what I think I know.
Zark

Zio wrote:A French author, Bernard Werber (It seems like he read TP O_O already), write about plants [...] if the murderer lies about his murder beside the same tree, we can tell that the murderer is lying. I'm not lying. It's a true fact.
If plants could tell when a person was lying that would be incredibly useful !
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Zio

Well, by the energy that flows around us, our vibrations can be imprinted in many things.

To give an example, I'm going to use Masaru Emoto's Water example (a VERY good book to read, btw):
When he tried to crystallise a lake's water, the crystals formed a horrored (typo?) face, like if that person was suffering. Then he discovers that someone got drown at the lake not long ago.
Rezo

Re: Loud Noise

two ideas:

long while back I was in a metal band. still have my amps, guitars, drums in the basement. I heard about the book in '97. I couldn't always avoid noise when I wanted to. It was a 'program' of my life then and still almost up to now in other ways. Sometimes I went to rock concerts, and for a while believed the idea about earplugs. In total I have only been to 3 metal concerts and one 'regular' rock show, all spread out over 8 to 10 years too. The number of gigs I performed in numbered under 7 [timed closer together, not as loud by any means]. Always wore earplugs for those [other schools, one bar]. After reading the book I made it a point to write down all the concerts I went to, etc. I have clubbed maybe less than 6 or 7 times total as well. Honest no more than that. Also spread out over around the same time frame, most recently admittedly not long ago, under duress that I was told I don't get out enough..... and that weighed on me too so I kind of made the decision to go out, and yes I did meet a few people but...the bass was intense after a while when it started out not 'too' loud...so I made us leave early - but it probably was not soon enough...Ive tried hard to keep it down as much as I can, sometimes not as hard...Ive made a few careless errors too :( That includes bars, which, for me makes life a little complicated for me sometimes, I might be called 'antisocial' for it! Depends on the bar [I don't drink but like billiards, pingpong, etc].

It makes me think about mk ultra conspiracy theory regarding counter culture back in 1960s in the US, being deliberately deceived to accept drugs and 'mind expanding' so called philosophy, in order to prevent people realizing how govt brings in drugs [maybe they are connected to large speaker sales but thats a totally crazy-sounding accusation, I make it here to see what others say]. Not to keep people from evolving, deliberately [!] but, as a way of staying in power through deception and dumbing-down [literally, eh].

My idea here is if sound can damage is it possible it can also heal [same type of damage]? Obviously it would be silent [ultrasonic?] and not blaring, to start. I think a great way to do testing, would be to firstly test at lower intensitites, using different sound equalization - but at different time intervals spread closely, or more further apart. Maybe? The lower intensities could simply be much lower [?]

I recently had another idea on how to really test safety of cell phones [EM noise, including mast towers] on myself - Ive read about certain radiation protection device spokespeople more currently stepping down and saying it doesnt really work [one major brand in particular]; In addition to em detectors that translate it to noise as a positive confirmation, I also read just last night about a company in Asia which has utilized Dr Korotkov and had GDV to test and develop a mineral radiation protector [for cell phones] and say it works, where others fail. This is, according to their website, that it was tested and thums-up'd by him.....on his website korotkov.org however I cannot find any references to BAE international, or bio-activated energy, [the company name] so I am curious to find some verification that indeed he did this and likes the product, or not. Just do a google search...just do "konstantin korotkov" + "cellphones". Its one of the first links I saw.
Rezo

as far as creating better sound technology that is more in line w/nature, wouldn't it be great to play at casual conversation volume, yet be heard way over somewhere else in a large space? I wonder about funny acoustics of buildings that allow for strange distant-echos [like line of marbles on string one hits through others to the last one]. This way strategically placed [stone? equivalent for light mirrors, but for sound - not an amplifier but a re-director of everyday volume].

How did those clever Mu-ans do it? :)
shezmear

Just more on noise I got a new guitar amp, it’s so loud it can shake a external hard drive off the top of the computer and have the neighbors at your door in about 2 mins.It`s like wielding a giant thunder bolt. Some times if I just feel like expressing abstract feelings I get on this thing and turn it up to a pretty loud level. Every time with out fail when I get off this amp, I can’t think....period. You don’t need to run tests, you can do your own, your mind does return over the next 3 days, but the effect is noticeable straight away.It’s noticeable as a narrowing of consciousness, it’s like you can only notice the boldest points.
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Rezo

just a few nights ago I stopped using my stand-up [slim/tall rectangle] fan [lower freq, seems quiet but actually a bit louder than thought] and can dream more vividly, frequently, and remember them more. Will see how it progresses.

Could it be I was actually 'addicted' to noise, for reasons similar to 'drugs'. Makes me think about what "technology" really is, if it only leads to a deluded sense of 'technical knowledge', where attachments and obsessions with irrelevant data eventually take hold. When I would have the will to meditate previously, I would turn the fan off, then on again after I finished. Since it seemed quiet all this time, I didn't feel it was much of a bad thing at all...Anyway, I'll continue reporting on any other percieved progress as a result of no longer using a fan. So far its made a difference.
Rezo

re: whales beaching, this was reported back this past march, people were trying to help a whale and her baby, and a dolphin came and did what they couldn't do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFyPPYCapcA

its secondary to us humans stopping the noise and underwater nastiness, but, I thought this a little promising, somehow.

Speaking on dolphins, anyone heard of 'pink dolphins' ? Apparently I just found out they exist but are rare!