World-O-Meters

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Marcus

World-O-Meters

This link http://worldometers.info seems pretty interesting.

Note that at the death/birth ratio is pretty scarey.

If only we could harness solar energy more effectively.

Moderator review note:
August 25, 2005.
1. The original topic title "Interesting Link" has been changed to "World-O-Meters" to be more descriptive of the post and linked site (the latter names itself that).
2. http://r0xor.com/ has been replaced with http://worldometers.info since the former now just redirects to the latter and is probably being phased out.
Review and changes by VeskoP.
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Zark

Re: Interesting Link

Marcus Collins wrote:Note that at the death/birth ratio is pretty scarey..
yes, seeing those births constantly climbing away towards infinity just makes it so clear that it is absolutely unsustainable

hey, did u try setting your clock ahead 50 or 60 years :shock:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Vesko

Thank you for the link!
No one is even able to say "birth" or "death" before a new one occurs.
The current 273,750,000 figure is way, way too low. It's about a billion.
We are so privileged to be able to get all this info, use computers, and develop mentally. It's really our duty to change the world for the better through creating positive experiences and most importantly disseminate positive information among the people in the so-called developed countries so that they can voluntarily change their ways in the positive direction, and share more of their resources with the underprivileged.
Imagine what would happen if each person helped his neighbours, including distant neighbours, with his/her resources. If only each of us helped a couple of people, in a couple of days there will be zero hungry and malnourished people in the world, there would be an excess of food and resources, and a positive spirit of goodwill and cooperation would make all kinds of wonders possible. Whereas what happens now is companies and conglomerates hoarding resources, including humongous amounts of unused cash that sits in the bank while billions of children and older people die. Microsoft, for example, has over 50 billion USD as cash (!) reserves in the bank at this moment, and its bosses say it's for research (you can check all that)... Note that the company seems to have no prospects of going bankrupt, so one really starts to wonder. As of 2004 they are even increasing those insane dollar reserves! A major part of the famine in Africa is caused by insufficient irrigation which could be fixed once and for all, as I read in a newspaper some time ago, for only 10 billion USD. I do know Bill Gates and his wife have a foundation that does some charity work, but do they tackle the very big problems on Earth, given they have the opportunity for that?
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Zark

I certainly am not a fan of bill gates.. in fact my old homepage had a bunch of quotes and stuff from people whot think of him as the "anti-christ". But I suppose most of that 30 Billion is locked away in shares rather than money in the bank. So many useful things it could (and should) be used for..

with metta
z
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Vesko

Do you mean 3 billion instead of 30? Because the 50+ billion and counting are cash, not shares, unbelievable as it may seem. But of course the latter are company money, not solely his.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Zark

Vesko wrote:Do you mean 3 billion instead of 30? Because the 50+ billion and counting are cash, not shares, unbelievable as it may seem. But of course the latter are company money, not solely his.
yes I meant the 50 Billiion :-) wow.. cash, thats a surprise.