Sunlight and Healing

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Zark

Sunlight and Healing

I have much more on this topic at home, but for now I just want to pass on this link: http://www.healself.org/sun.html

My experience agrees with many of their claims. However I take issue with a few things..
* Despite what this document says, do not over do it. You have to get used to the sun gradually, otherwise you will do yourself harm. You also need to be eating antioxidant rich foods.
* Do not stare directly at the sun. People DO go blind doig this.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Kestrel

I did not read the article yet.

However, I worked out in the sun all my summer pretty much.

I think it may indeed have some good qualities because I feel great.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Zark

KesTrel wrote:However, I worked out in the sun all my summer pretty much. I think it may indeed have some good qualities because I feel great.
I'm sure it helped :) We had a very sunny day inSydney yesterday, and I made a point to spend my whole lunch break bushwalking and enjoying the sun nearby. It had a powerful and uplifting effect on my spirits as soon as I stepped outside.

Today is overcast, and my mood is kinda clouded :P -- or I should say subdued. Not unhappy, just feeling a bit heavier I guess. And there is good reason for this effect: sunlight triggers the release of melatonin from the pineal gland (between the eyes).

with metta :sunny:
z
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Marcus

Hi Zark,

have you read Tom's article on sunlight? It compliments the article you provided quite well. I quickly looked for the link but seems to be removed???
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Aisin

Hi Marcus,

did u mean this brief article written by tom? http://www.thiaoouba.com/sun.htm
Marcus

aisin wrote:Hi Marcus,

did u mean this brief article written by tom? http://www.thiaoouba.com/sun.htm
G'day Aisin,

that is indeed the one. Thank you very much.
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Kestrel

Ah yes I once read this article too.

Thanks.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Zark

source: http://www.kickas.org/cgi-bin/w3t/showf ... ber=188368
cnn.com February 2, 2005 : Study: Sun holds cancer benefit and risks

Sunlight exposure, a major risk factor for the potentially deadly skin cancer melanoma, may also help victims survive that disease, new research indicates.
Researchers stress that their findings do not mean people should rush out and start baking in the sun.
She said Vitamin D, which the skin makes in response to sunlight, may be a factor. Vitamin D can help regulate cell growth and help cells stop unneeded growth through a process called apoptosis.
Although Cancer can be caused, in those who are sensitive, by excessive sun exposure.. sun exposure could also help to treat or prevent it ! Paradoxical huh ?! But it makes sense for our bodies to be have sich an inbuilt mechanism to cope with sun exposure.

the CNN article mentioned in this quote is:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/conditio ... index.html
Aisin

I think the key lies in optimum intensity & duration of exposure. morning & evening sun can never cause cancer. just like the doctor who sunbathes daily in http://www.healself.org/sun.html, only does it during those hours. people who suffer from skin cancer due to sunlight exposure usually subject themselves to extreme & prolonged exposure, in an abrupt & unprotected manner. if 1 allows gradual adaptation, i reckon the effect won't be as bad too.

just like any other food that we take in, sufficient protein intake keeps us well. but excessive protein creates acidic internal environment / acidosis in our body, and is the breeding ground for many chronic diseases. same as carbo food, essential to keep us full & energetic, but excessive makes us fat & unhealthy.
Kestrel

Its intresting, what were the conditions like on Aremo X3, Bakarantini, Hebra and out other respective orgins in comparison. Things we will probally never be able to know study.
Thao