Is This the Way to Enlightenment?

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Marcus

Is This the Way to Enlightenment?

It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Kestrel

Sounds like a ritual.

No time to think, to sleepy too.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
bomohwkl

This proves that even though someone practises meditation and concentration regularly, if they don't use their minds to increase their understanding of themselves and the environment/universe around them, there will be no enlightenment. When you look into how Buddha got enlightened, then you know.
Think this: if someone suppose who seek 'spiritual enligthenment' full time can get it right, how many people on earth will really able to know how and where to find. We are the rare minority on the earth!
Zark

Re: Is this the way to enlightenment?

Fujinami wrote:"I feel that I have accomplished a job. That is all," he said.
"I do not know whether I should call it 'enlightenment' or not, but the training has taught me that everyone and everything is equal.
I wonder what provoked him to do this pilgrimage.. Perhaps he initially wanted fame and glory. Or maybe he just sought a challenge? Same reason that people climb mount Everest I guess.
Fujinami wrote:In year five, the running was interrupted by something even more demanding and dangerous – the Doiri.
Fujinami went nine days without any food, drink or sleep.
"It became difficult to breathe the air," he said.
"It was very hard, as if my internal organs were malfunctioning. I had expected to be able to meditate and concentrate, but I lost the ability to think of anything."
This ritual makes me really annoyed. Fasting is awesome if done correctly.. but you MUST drink plenty of water and have rest.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Yothu

What I do see is man that will at least realize that his journey is not a "direct" way to "enlightenment, if you want to say so.
Maybe for him it is the way to his enlightenment. I mean I honestly don't know, because I did not do such a journey yet, but I suppose that one learns much about his physical and mental limitations when testing them this way. Not to mention how to survive and keep going when one could die of starvation and fatigue...

What we don't have to forget that this article is written by somebody who probably does know less than the little that we know. No surprise to me that this article transmits "conflicting" thoughts.

What do ya mean? :)
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Lachie

Yay, GO BUDDHISM!

:)

Crazy Japanese.

Lachie
God is a games designer =]
GreatIntellect

LOL.

Lachie, I'm printing out your avatar with the caption "Yay, GO BUDDHISM!" underneath it. That was hilarious.
Lachie

haha excellent. the ugly little girl STRIKES AGAIN!

lachie
Lachie

erm... i think it's a girl.

lach :oops:
Yothu

She's got down syndrome, right?

I was quite surprised when I saw it the first time... :lol: didn't know whether it is you or a relative or some friend of yours. Then I thought perhaps you wanted to demonstrate the equality of mankind with your avatar and was satisfied.

So long :wink:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Kestrel

First time I saw it I thought, "Man if I ever see lachlie I hope its not at a pet store, there gonna wanna ask me to pay for that."
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao