How to Get a Land or an Island??

Do you want to change our current monetary system? Do you want to be involved in a project to INSPIRE billions of people by providing CONTRAST through EXAMPLIFYING yourself that a prosperous civilisation can be founded based on UNIVERSAL LAWS?

Moderator: Moderators

bomohwkl

Re: Land purchased

brettmtl wrote:This is a great thread.

I recently bought 84 acres of land, to A) revegetate with rainforest and B) provide living space for people.

But now all these issues arise.
Why would people come and do work on my property, when they might see it is as only benefiting me.
I could allow investors in, so that others can benefit financially from their work, but then they might want to do something different with the land.
Who does the jobs, that no one wants to do.

This is only the tip of the iceberg and at the moment the only option I see is for me to draw up a plan and pay and subcontract all work out. Then the whole project costs money and I have to charge or sell something to make it financially feasible.

So the notion of a money free community, seems very difficult, both financially and intellectually.

Many Blessings

Brett
I have come to conclusion that money free community is not possible without a major disaster that kill most of the people on earth.

To advance spiritually in the material world, we need to use money as a tool to assist development of spirituality. And we need to learn to use such tool effectively. Avoidance of money isssue will result in suffering.
Be the master of money and not the slave.
brettmtl

To advance spiritually in the material world, we need to use money as a tool to assist development of spirituality. And we need to learn to use such tool effectively. Avoidance of money isssue will result in suffering. Be the master of money and not the slave.
I totally agree on your last point Bomohwkl.

Money is just another tool to use while we are on Earth.

There is more than enough resources on Earth to support our current population, we could probably even double it, if we used our resources in a sustainable manner.

I hope that it doesn't take great disasters for sustainability to come to the forefront, as it just means that we would start over again and go through the same rebuilding process we have been doing for the past however many thousand years.

If a massive natural disaster occurred I wouldn't be here typing this message and you wouldn't be reading this. We would go into pure survival mode, hunting food, finding shelter, protecting our families from wild animals and the elements.

How much time would we have for spirituality, and say we lost loved ones, we might even be bitter at God and Thees whole plan. Who really knows.

All I know is that at the moment we have access to many resources and opportunities that have taken thousands of years to evolve and for that I am truly grateful.
Zark

Hi Brett,

Where did you buy? I would love to visit and help out! I am not so physically able as others but am willing :)

I have been thinking of buying some cheap land too.. Almost nobody wants to live in the remote parts of this country. Land is cheap right now!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Kestrel

I want land that can grow some real food like oranges :)
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
brettmtl

Zark wrote:Hi Brett,

Where did you buy? I would love to visit and help out! I am not so physically able as others but am willing :)

I have been thinking of buying some cheap land too.. Almost nobody wants to live in the remote parts of this country. Land is cheap right now!

This is a photo of the land about 2 and a half hours north of Melbourne. Nearest town is Pyramid Hill. Gotta love that name.

You are so right that there is so much cheap land, another five or six hours north of here, and you can get like 10,000 acres for around $300,000 Aus.

I like this land because it is a blank canvas. I plan to create canal systems and forest. I want to set this up as my business; buying land no one wants and creating habitat for people and nature, I will start with Victoria as there is so much diverse land types, but I would love to expand and have these pockets of land all around the globe.

Maybe that is how we can all work together.

Where abouts are you based Zark? You are more than welcome to help out.
Essene

Wow that is fantastic news. Whilst this land is good for ideas of reforestation it is not suitable for survival if that is what you want.

When considering survival you need to take into account quite a lot of factors such as elevation, whereabouts etc etc.

I plan on getting lots of land some day as land is the only real security.

I love what you are doing Brett and I would be interested in helping you even if it can be just financial in the near future....
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Essene

Also could you please give me some links to land for sale in melbourne etc, I would like to check them out.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
brettmtl

real estate links

Hi Essene,

It is exciting, you are right about the land not being suitable for living at, well not in its current state. The more land for nature and people the better, so keep me posted on your movements.

http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi ... -quicklink

Is the site I use. Search under rural land.

Good luck
Essene

Cheers Brett, it would be fantastic though to see that land in at least an Australian forest state where wildlife can live.

Thanks for the link I'll check it out.

Zark

brettmtl wrote: This is a photo of the land about 2 and a half hours north of Melbourne. Nearest town is Pyramid Hill. Gotta love that name.
[...]
Where abouts are you based Zark? You are more than welcome to help out.

Brett. that is just beautiful :-) I am based in NSW. So I imagine it would take a days travel to get there. Would love to visit! Although we cant PM each other at the moment, you can email me via my profile.

>> Maybe that is how we can all work together.

Yes, build a kind of eco minded community

>> and you can get like 10,000 acres for around $300,000 Aus.

Wow. I had heard of 100 acres for $60,000 and even 100 acres is HUGE... 10,000 acres is mind boggling. I suppose you can't build a house on that land? But who cares, a few campervans, caravans, septic system and some solar cells [which are going to get real cheap in the near future] and you could get by in reasonable comfort?.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Zark

off track here.. but about solar cells:

== Nanosolar ==
http://www.nanosolar.com/products.htm

* Nanosolar’s Breakthrough - Solar Now Cheaper than Coal
http://www.celsias.com/2007/11/23/nanos ... than-coal/

* Nanosolar Update - First Panels Now Shipping
http://www.celsias.com/2007/12/23/nanos ... -shipping/
brettmtl

You have some good links there Zark and I will let you know when the first stage is about to commence.

Have you heard of Peter Andrews and his farming methods. He is a natural genius.

http://naturalsequencefarming.com/

On their forum, I have posted about the property I bought and Duane posted this video link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sohI6vnW ... rg%2Eau%2F

These champions have shown how it is possible to revegetate salted desert. Everything is achievable.
Rezo

what an amazing video ... very inspiring.
Lena

brett I would like to help, too :D
Rezo

Re: How to Get a Land or an Island??

Sorry, I don't have anything [yet anyway] that adds any new information here - just another resource that looks like a good way to communicate better, about land, skills exchange type stuff [just found it]:

http://www.justfortheloveofit.org/

enjoy!

side story, this actually is from this past january, wonder how hes doing so far on his long journey??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 217788.stm