Evidence of Design in the Universe

Discussion on technology and how it could be used to assist spiritual development and NOT enslave us. This includes technology that will help us live in harmony with Nature (e.g.: "Lifter" technologies that could replace the petrol driven engine). Also, discussion of past and current scientific thought so that gems are not buried in the sands of time, and spiritual progress through science is achieved.

Moderator: Moderators

Robanan

1. The mind does not "want" it only simply formulates what a person wants to a statement which is understandable by and clear to the person's intellect.

2. The mind does not do the knowing, it's the person's intellect which does the knowing and the understanding.
Alisima wrote:For surviving it is good. For making a career it is good. But for other things it is not so good.
The mind does what it does, the same as the heart is very good at pumping blood throughout the body.
Alisima wrote:Yes it can, mathematical proof, locigal proof, proof through reason, 1 plus 1 equals 2. It is very good at that. But real proof?? To proof god, or to proof love, or bliss, or soul?? No. What if all this is a dream?? Can you proof it??
1. There is no "real" proof. It's individual, and the best proof riquires a person's best capabilities to understand.

2. Mathematics, logics, and reasoning are simply ways and means for exchanging proof and communicating ideas. Through reasoning Me and Vesko achieved a very satisfactory analysis under this very topic. I doubt that I could prove anything to you Alisima, I can only propose to have another look and make another review on some of our common observations, just to make sure I've not missed any gems.
Alisima wrote:
Robanan wrote:For example: When you get involved with something that gives you a deep feeling of meaning, you can use your mind to study this feeling and understand it, and yes the feeling will disappear the same goes with negative (disgusting) feelings, you will just have to deepen the experience next time and involve yourself with more and deeper experiences.
I am not interrested with that which comes and goes. I am interrested with that which always stay unchanged
What stay unchanged Alisima? How can any of us plan to remain unchanged in a universe where everything changes harmonically? What would happen to someone who would decide not to swim along the flow and try to stop from flowing anymore? Wouldn't the person sink and suffocate?
Alisima wrote:What you describe sounds much like an adiction
Love is Toxic indeed! 8)
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Alisima

Robanan wrote:the same as the heart is very good at pumping blood throughout the body.
Indeed. There is a good way to use it and a bad way. Same with mind.
Robanan wrote:I doubt that I could prove anything to you Alisima, I can only propose to have another look and make another review on some of our common observations, just to make sure I've not missed any gems.
Correct. You can't prove anything to me. Only that which is created by mind. Mathematics for instance.
Robanan wrote:What stay unchanged Alisima? How can any of us plan to remain unchanged in a universe where everything changes harmonically? What would happen to someone who would decide not to swim along the flow and try to stop from flowing anymore? Wouldn't the person sink and suffocate?
I never said we should plan to remain unchanged. We cannot, I agree. However, with all that changes there is something which never changes. Just like you spoken of before, the flower which changes but still remains a flower. There is something like that inside us. However, words cannot get a hold of it. We have to discover it ourselves.
Don't read my signature.
Robanan

Alisima wrote:I never said we should plan to remain unchanged. We cannot, I agree. However, with all that changes there is something which never changes. Just like you spoken of before, the flower which changes but still remains a flower. There is something like that inside us. However, words cannot get a hold of it. We have to discover it ourselves.
I call it "Integrity".
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Vesko

The encyclopaedia article "Existence of God" at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existence_of_God is a very worthwhile one to study so that one becomes aware of the various arguments pro and con, e.g. cosmological, ontological, pantheistic, teleological, anthropic, moral, transcendental, majority, etc. Undoubtedly, good knowledge of those can certainly help a great deal in discussions on the topic.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Robanan

On this topic we discuss the arguments for and against the concept of Intelligent Design (see this article)[1] and Tom J. Chalko's book: "Freedom of Choice"[2].
  • [1]
    Intelligent design (ID) is the concept that "certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection." Its leading proponents, all of whom are affiliated with the Discovery Institute, say that intelligent design is a scientific theory that stands on equal footing with, or is superior to, current scientific theories regarding the evolution and origin of life.
    An overwhelming majority of the scientific community views intelligent design as pseudoscience or junk science. The U.S. National Academy of Sciences has stated that intelligent design "and other claims of supernatural intervention in the origin of life" are not science because they cannot be tested by experiment, do not generate any predictions, and propose no new hypotheses of their own.

In Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District (2005), a United States federal court ruled that a public school district requirement for science classes to teach that intelligent design is an alternative to evolution was a violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. United States District Judge John E. Jones III ruled that intelligent design is not science and is essentially religious in nature.

[2]
    There are many things that we do not know today, and Dr Chalko acknowledges limitations. Then, he demonstrates to the astonished reader, that the lack of details is actually no obstacle in using our Individual Intellects to discover and prove the Purpose of the entire Universe for ourselves.

The Freedom of Choice doesn’t just focus on the material reality of the Universe, like many theories that leave the entire humanity ignored and wondering in a "limbo". One of the many highlights of the book is the comprehensive and satisfying explanation of the reason for autonomy, individuality, intellect and the free will of every human being in the Universe