Questioning The Book

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Meedan

We don't have time to read through every abduction story and try to find contradictions or things that can be proven wrong. The burden of proof is obviously on the author, if the author wants people to think it is true. A book can be carefully written, so as to not make any statements that may be able to be shown wrong in the near future. From a true account, one would expect to find quite a few statements that seem very 'contingent'. This book reads like it is appealing to conventional public opinion and knowledge, filled out with unverifiable stories and science.

I certainly will be continuing to search the book, only because I thought it to be true for two years. For any other book of this nature, if there is no reason to believe it is true, I would not waste my time on it.
Last edited by Meedan on Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
With Love
Meedan

:wink:

When I read the book now, in this more objective state, it really does sound like a well-executed fabrication. Scattered among the book are scientific statements concerning subjects that anyone reading this is the early nineties would have in the back of their mind. Statements that they will have very briefly heard about in the news or documentaries throughout the 80's. 'Electro-photonics' is just one example. This makes these statements 'feel' true to us. The translation of the Gospel of Thomas that closely fits the book was published in 1986. The description of Jesus' trip to Japan is something that people will attempt to 'research'. If they find someone else saying that this happened - even if it was said before the book was written - they think of it as evidence that the book is true. We saw this mentioned earlier in this topic. The book carefully avoids any 'contingent' statements for the most part.

Most people - if interviewed - would say that they believe something 'strange' goes on at the Bermuda Triangle, so any kind of explanation of it will please the reader and provide 'evidence'. Many people accept totally unverified explanations of past mysteries, as further proof or argument that the book is true, even if only subconsciously. It turns out that the Bermuda Triangle 'phenomenon' is probably a myth, there aren't many more 'disappearances' or accidents there than there are at other locations of that size. http://skepdic.com/bermuda.html

We do find a highly contingent statement early in the book though. To be honest, the first ever time I read the book (before deciding whether I believed it or not), I thought of the 'appendix' statement as a token contingent statement, as part of a deception. It is making a bold statement that there will never be a function found for the appendix. This kind of statement is something I would also expect to find only once or twice in a fabrication. It makes the reader believe the book even more because 'he wouldn't make such a risky remark'. Not surprisingly, the appendix statement is likely to be wrong, as there is good evidence that it plays a role in the immune system, and is an evolutionary relic that still has a function in some animals.

Have you noticed that Thao's artist impression looks exactly like the typical 'beautiful woman' of the 80's (hairstyle, wider face than today)? Is it not also suspicious that Michel says that a certain type of reader will be "more evolved from the outset, and knows from the outset that this is a true story." If this was the way the universe worked, what is the point of forgetting everything at the start of a life. The phrase "experts are experts" on page 62 (online) is also a puzzling one. Here on Earth, our experts would say that Thiaoouba Prophecy is a lie, and well, experts are experts...

Anyone who has paid any attention to their own minds, is aware that it is not possible to imagine something that you haven't experienced, or that isn't based on ideas that you have experienced. How can it be true that the "Spirit imagined experiencing feelings through a special creature. He had imagined Man...", let alone the universe. The same goes with the counterintuitive claim that "the creator sought spiritual experiences through a material world". I have already mentioned the illogical statement that the spirit was 'infinitely powerful', and it seems more than odd to me that Thao would be careless with her words on such a contentious, important topic.

The point that most "spiritual" books contain truths is irrelevant here. I agree that there is evidence that the book contains truths, for example, Earth is pretty much spherical, as the book suggests, as does hundreds of years of science. Every book is likely to contain 'truths'. For this book, it is either true that Michel Desmarquet was abducted, or this book is a lie. Any truth in a false account would be about obvious things that we already know, or accidental statements that happen to be true.

In all, there is no evidence or reason to think that this abduction story is anything but a deliberate fabrication.

Don't worry guys, my mind remains open, yours?
With Love
bomohwkl

In all, there is no evidence or reason to think that this abduction story is anything but a deliberate fabrication
If it is a delibrate fabrication, it require intelligence far beyond any human on earth with I.Q 250. He seems to understand the state of our civilisation( political, economical and socially), the state of human psychology and Jesus real mission. Sounds like Micheal held a multiple PhDs. It even take me quite a well to understand that TP is a product of highly intelligent information.
When you return to Earth and tell your story, the first thing you will be asked is for evidence. If we were to give you, for example, a piece of metal which doesn’t exist on Earth, there would always be one, among the experts who analyse it, who would insist that you prove the metal was not created by a clever alchemist of your acquaintance - or some such thing.’

Will you give me something as proof?’

‘Michel, don’t disappoint me. You will have no material proof, for precisely the reasons I have just outlined - there would be no point.
What the TP has proven, it requires a very high level of intelligence to even fabricate the story.

As Tom said,
The "proof" is always in the mind. It is never anything material. Let me give you an example.

Suppose that you find some unusual rock or mineral. Is it a proof? OF WHAT???
The main evidence in Herai is totally non material. It is a product of Intellect - a song SO cleverly written that it explains and proves in 3 lines MORE than many books.

Have you seen The Herai page ?

Thao mentioned Cloth of Turin specifically to demonstrate that providing material evidence doesn't make the slightest sense.

All evidence is always in the Intellect. If Intellect cannot comprehend the possibility - no proof is possible
The phrase "experts are experts" on page 62 (online) is also a puzzling one. Here on Earth, our experts would say that Thiaoouba Prophecy is a lie, and well, experts are experts...
People in Thiaoouba are also learning and Thao is not as knowledgeable as the other people in Thiaoouba who are more knowledge. Just look at the scale of intelligence of people in a university who are studying the same subject. There is quite a range of intelligence and even knowledge. Of course, they are should understand certain foundation of knowledge.
Anyone who has paid any attention to their own minds, is aware that it is not possible to imagine something that you haven't experienced, or that isn't based on ideas that you have experienced. How can it be true that the "Spirit imagined experiencing feelings through a special creature. He had imagined Man...", let alone the universe.
When you are imagining it, you are trying to elicit associated emotions. You are experience it through imagination. Try imagine that someone can put his hand through your body and squeeze your heart. Surely you have yet experience it in real life but you experience it through your imagination.
The same goes with the counterintuitive claim that "the creator sought spiritual experiences through a material world".
Probably you have grasped the idea of what is the purpose of living in a physical body. Surely it sounds counter-intutive. Questions like why cant we learn in the form of spirit why need a physical body? It takes quite a while for me to understand.....

That's why it is a process to understand whether it is true. ..................
Last edited by bomohwkl on Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meedan

Bomohwkl wrote:A delibrate fabrication far beyond intelligence required for any human on earth with I.Q 250. He seems to understand the state of our civilisation( political, economical and socially), the state of human psychology and undertsand Jesus mission. Sounds like Micheal held a multiple PhDs. It even take me quite a well to understand that TP is a product of highly intelligent information.
I see no evidence of the requirement of such intelligence. If you have parts of the book which show this, I would count it as excellent evidence. I understand everything Tom said about proof and evidence, I studied these books and the materials around them for 2 years.
People in Thiaoouba are also learn and Thao is not as knowledgeable as the other people in Thiaoouba who are more knowledge. Just look at the scale of intelligence in a university studying the same subject. There is quite a range of intelligence and even knowledge. Of course, they are should understand certain foundation of knowledge.
You missed the point. Why did she choose to publish the phrase "experts are experts" to everyone who reads it on Earth? Everyone on Earth, let's all accept everything the experts say, because they are experts.
When you are imagining it, you are trying to elicit associated emotion. You are experience it through imagination. Try imagine that someone can put his hand through your body and squeeze your heart. Surely you have yet experince it in real life but you experince it through your imagination.
It is always going to be a combination of feelings I have already experienced.
Probably you have grasped the idea of what is the purpose of living in a physical body. Surely it sounds counter-intutive. Questions like why cant we learn in the form of spirit why need a physical body? It takes quite a while for me to understand.....
I assume you mean that I have not grasped the idea... I fully understand the purpose according to the book, but that statement is counterintuitive because of the sudden introduction of a 'material world', to experience 'spiritual feelings'. It is another example of the spirit imagining something new.
With Love
bomohwkl

I see no evidence of the requirement of such intelligence. If you have parts of the book which show this, I would count it as excellent evidence. I understand everything Tom said about proof and evidence, I studied these books and the materials around them for 2 years.
I remember the kind of mentality i had after 2 years reading TF. It have been 7 years and only the last 2 years that I know I have missed so much. It takes time for me to really realize the requirement of such intelligence..........Probably at that time I was quite stupid and ignorant too........of course of the beginning of few years, all abduction stories sound "so true" even after reading FOC didnt help much. Only after much self-examination I realized quite a lot. Looking back of so many abduction stories I used to believe, it was laughable of my stupidity at that time. :roll:

You need to store information in material object. The existence of material world has important reason besides of information storage. Material world is also a testing place and a place to gain more knowledge, to learn to love one another. Unfortunately, you are not born (given role as) a higher-self who evolves in a "spiritual world" and yet higher-self requires electrons to store information. I am sure that G.I being alone in darkness has a feeling already. It has been experiencing loneliness.....the opposite of loneliness is companionship........

I am sure what you have understood from FOC is just theoretical only by living and making choices (by doing things) that we prove to ourselves that we indeed understand. There are much things to learn by just doing things and making choices. The meaning become clearer.
As soon as you begin to understand - you will find it almost impossible to act against yourSelf.
Last edited by bomohwkl on Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meedan

bomohwkl wrote: I remember the kind of mentality i had after 2 years reading TF. It have been 7 years and only the last 2 years that I have missed so much. It takes time for me to really realize the requirement of such intelligence..........Probably at that time I was quite stupid and ignorant too........of course of the beginning of few years, all abduction story sounds "so true" even after reading FOC didnt help much. Only after much self-examination I realized quite a lot. Looking back of so many abduction stories I used to believe, it was laughable of my stupidity at that time. :roll:
Wow, 7 years, I can't compare to that. Although, the two years of studying the books for me really were simply 2 years of studying the books, I had practically no other commitments - like 2 'gap years'. I've also been through many experiences that you described in the past 2 years. I think that if you had done what I am doing now, the clearing and re-learning, it would have sped up your progress through those stages/experiences (maybe you did do it, after about 2 years, maybe you also temporarily came to these very conclusions. hehe, determinism at its worst). This kind of activity really checks to make absolutely sure that you have real justification for believing something.
You need to store information in material object. The existence of material world has important reason besides of information storage. Material world is also a testing place and a place to gain more knowledge, to learn to love one another. Unfortunately, you are not born (given role as) a higher-self who evolves in a "spiritual world" and yet higher-self requires electrons to store information. I am sure that G.I being alone in darkness has a feeling already. It has been experiencing loneliness.....the opposite of loneliness is companionship........

I am sure what you have understood from FOC is just theoretical only by living and making choices (by doing things) that we prove to ourselves that we indeed understand. There are much things to learn by just doing things and making choices. The meaning become clearer.
As soon as you begin to understand - you will find it almost impossible to act against yourSelf.
How could the spirit imagine a 'material world'?

It sounds like you are saying that after I 'understand' more, it will magically feel true, which is exactly what religious people say. I'll assume that's not what you are saying, but there must be justification for believing in this book. If you think the book is true with no justification, I think that is called having faith. What experiences, observations or other proof do you have that this book is true?
With Love
not relevant

Questioning The Book

i am
i know
i own
it is

if what you KNOW is that the book is FALSE
OWN IT and BE that KNOWN !!!

in this experience emotion will be borne.
sense of I AM will be realise.
ISNESS (BEINGNS) will be experience.

move out of the DUALISTIC mind.
hope / believe /
reject / embrace
love / hate
high / low
ecstasy/ depression

do not look for OTHERS to ANSWER your QUESTIONS.
you giving YOUR POWER AWAY.

go to your OWN TEMPLE,
FIND THE ANSWERS, for that is act of MASTERY and SOVEREIGNTY.

LOOK INTO NATURE.

in that you will CREATE inner growth.
NO ONE ON UNIVERSE OWN YOU not a thing.
if there is a lie SO BE IT.
if there is finger pointing to TRUTH SO BE IT.

for the what is judged as "WRONG" or " RIGHT"
are just aspect of individualised consciousness,
which in ALL-WAYS CONTRIBUTING to COLLECTIVE WISDOM,
as a PEARL of WISDOM.

be RESPONSIBLE for your insights and live by them.

then form BEGGAR you steeping into being EMPEROR.

NO TEXT in this divine UNIVERSE / UNIVERSES
is a reciepe for how to live or a new "BIBLE".
bomohwkl

What experiences, observations or other proof do you have that this book is true?
Intelligence. Unfortunately, we, human, can't even recognize the intelligence and wisdom of animals in nature..how can we recognize intelligence of beings far advanced than us??? Telephatic communication with animals opens a new door of understanding......... They seems to understand the meaning of love better than human beings on earth.
There are several natural tools available within us, use it to gather more information and understanding. I am still a learner.
Meditate and concentrate and then ask you higher-self what are the things you need to learn in order to understand the truthfulness or faslefulness of the book. I am sure that higher-self will assist you in this aspect if you really seek...... Having a logical mind is only the first step and you need more tools to gather more information.
I would like to highlight
go to your OWN TEMPLE,
FIND THE ANSWERS, for that is act of MASTERY and SOVEREIGNTY.
LOOK INTO NATURE.
in that you will CREATE inner growth.
bomohwkl

oh..also what you have read from a book and from other people are nothing in comparision of what you have understood from first-hand..............
Meedan

bomohwkl wrote:oh..also what you have read from a book and from other people are nothing in comparision of what you have understood from first-hand..............
I agree.

I suppose we've reached the foundation of how to know whether the book is true or not then.
Last edited by Meedan on Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With Love
Kestrel

Don't find the answers in others. I think that helps me.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
bomohwkl

When you are imagining it, you are trying to elicit associated emotion. You are experience it through imagination. Try imagine that someone can put his hand through your body and squeeze your heart. Surely you have yet experince it in real life but you experince it through your imagination.
Alas, if we cannot imagine something new, Albert Einstein couldn't come up with general relativity and there is no progress of understanding and creation of new things (technology). If we cannot imagine something new, there will be no new understanding and there is no improvement of the old after gaining new understanding.Feeling is a reaction of thoughts
Meedan

bomohwkl wrote:Alas, if we cannot imagine something new, Albert Einstein couldn't come up with general relativity and there is no progress of understanding and creation of new things (technology). If we cannot imagine something new, there will be no new understanding and there is no improvement of the old after gaining new understanding.Feeling is a reaction of thoughts
All of those things are created by re-arranging things that you have already experienced. Can you imagine a colour that does not exist, for example? If we study our own minds, we find that it is not possible to imagine something that is not based on something we have already experienced. That is a property of 'mind'.

So, if this 'Spirit' isn't a mind, what is it? Or are we going to re-define the 'Spirit' however we want, to make it fit? Just as most Christians conveniently define 'God' as eternal, so that he did not need a cause... Just as they keep the description of 'God' vague, so that logic can't be used against it.

How clear is the book about this 'Spirit'? *** would they have used the word 'Spirit' anyway?
With Love
Alisima

Interresting theory Meedan.

If what you suggest is true, then there would be no evolution. Simply because one cannot evolve into something one does not know.

But that doesnt explain us being here.

But what does explain us here?? I find it hard to believe that a Great Intellect evolved from out of nothing. Although i see no other option.
bomohwkl

Can you imagine a colour that does not exist, for example?
yes, you cannot imagine a colour that you havent yet experienced. At this level of intellectual evolution, we are provided sufficient hints and playgrounds for us to play and experience. The play grounds provide hints and stimuli for us to progress faster. If there is no external stimuli, it would be extremely difficult to imagine. Be thankful of the G.I of the universe providing such stimuli. However, i am quite sure that when we progress as far as the great Thaori, we are more capable of imagining something new. Our poor human mind. Thao have indictaed the difficulty of understanding the process of G.I evolution.
The Spirit - the Superior Intelligence decided to create the worlds and He commanded to four superior forces...

‘It’s extremely difficult for the human mind, even when highly developed, to comprehend such a thing. In fact, in a sense, it is impossible. On the other hand, your Astral Spirit assimilates it when it is freed from your physical body. But I’m getting ahead of myself - let’s go back to the very beginning.

‘In the beginning there was nothing except darkness and a spirit - THE Spirit.
At the moment, I am less concerned about it. There are simply too much to learn in life just by interacting on it.