The Theory of Evolution

Discussion on technology and how it could be used to assist spiritual development and NOT enslave us. This includes technology that will help us live in harmony with Nature (e.g.: "Lifter" technologies that could replace the petrol driven engine). Also, discussion of past and current scientific thought so that gems are not buried in the sands of time, and spiritual progress through science is achieved.

Moderator: Moderators

Robanan

Kestrel wrote:These are the words of Mr. Edmund Burke. You might imagine by the name that hes from europe, ireland He was a parliment under King George III, its intresting you hear that quotation alot these days.
:) Thank you :D
Kestrel wrote:I hope you can see what im saying here no disrespect to you
I personally don't think that someone can disrespect Someone else, I think that people can only desrespect themselves. With this said, I want to note that I don't think that you disrespected yourself in my eyes. If we consider that I've understood the point you tried to make on your post :wink:
Kestrel wrote:Don't take this the wrong way at all, however in all reality we can only speculate what certin new information how that would affect things. My guess would be that certain people, lets kindly refer to them as "zealots". They see Jesus the way they want too. Now if you keep an open mind even with the bible it can be interpreted so many ways so many, you can interpret it for people in so many ways as well. I think this is evident allready however.
If you tell them something, they immeditly will give you a verse recalled from memory something about lacking faith or disbelivers will *** or what ever may be the case. These people are individuals, they are here on catagory earth with us. They are not evil, we are not supreme to them either, you can benifit from them. Ask them questions if they allow it, for what ever reason I can hope you're motives are good but those are you're choices. Do what ever basically because you could probally learn something even dispite the fact their unwavering belif that they can twist and yet in their eyes it remains strong as a steel I beam.

... .

What steps exactly would a "good man" in this situation do ? I think by perhaps just being able to pose the question and by that, their intelligence is reflected they have done their good deed. Its now an oppertunity for another, a chance a choice their choice not the good mans.
Tom says "Life is a Test... to check if we understand, or just dream that we do". My view is that Life will show and Keeps showing who is wrong or right.
I agree that evil can be considered as lack of understanding so theoretically we might consider that there is no evil at all. With respect to every single human being on this planet I want to say That anyone's contribution toward clarification/communication of fact's and truths ever made by any person regardless of his/her religion/nationality anytime anywhere on this planet is a valuable step toward a common better future for all of us, alas...

WE also have different types of believeing I for example believe that "everything in the universe including its creator is a perturbation of a singular thing" This is the most probable case scenario for me at this time so I'm 100% sure It is correct for me to take this point and move on in my life toward further exploration and verification. This is something very personal and individual we all have to learn to understand and respect this. Naturally I would dismiss any newcoming religion/information which is against my own personal belief and agree with religion(s) which agree and magnify my belief system or may offer a more probable case scenario even if it might disprove my current belief(s) I also believe that by going on like this, someday I'll become 100% sure that I Know the truth for sure. Thiaooubians seem to be 100% sure and knowing 100% for sure that there is a creator for the universe and that the creator is exremely powerful and intelligent, they even are 100% sure that they know how actually the creator has created the whole universe, while at the same time it seems that only a few of them know where did the creator come from and how the creator appeard and what was before the creator.
I mean people aim to believe in different things and in things of different value for example someone may aim to believe in the most probable case scenario while at the same time someone else might not even care if there are more probable case scenarios than the one the person has currently adopted.
I'm only trying to show(as a gesture of agreement with what I understood from your poset) that there are a lot of things to consider before condemning someone to be "evil" and someone else to be "good" and that there is no point in trying to put labels on people too. From anything said and from anything heard the wise see the essence.
Kestrel wrote:I think its dangerous to use that quote sometimes though it seems a bit, religon isent evil I guess thats what im trying to say, simply because it contians so many brilliant individuas. You can't measure the potentioal of a person by knowing their catholic or muslim ect.
I really wouldn't mind two "Zealots" condemning eachother and killing eachother even if I might get killed in the process, there are a lot of more important and intresting things in life. I only might try to stop them or interfere if I might become 100% sure that reacting to such a thing is improtant in my life and/or in the life of thers involved :) I might still make mistakes :lol:
Kestrel wrote:Anyways, yes indeed some may be sparked to think its those individuals whom I hope choose to keep thinking keep seeking and if a statement such as vesko has posted can do such thats wonderful. I don't fear these individuals won't find the proper guidance I am confident their higherself will help them if they are truly giving the correct questions from my level of understanding, this is the function of that great entity.
I don't understand this part of your post.

check this out people.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Alisima

Robanan wrote:If all is a constant movement from "something" to "nothing" then there would eventually be an "end" to "everything".
First of all, something constant cannot end. That is the definition of constant. So there would not be an end to constant change. Like the famous guy said before, "the only thing that is constant is change."

Secondly, Let me remind you that my statement of the constant movement is not limited to movement from something to nothing, but also from nothing to something.

When you would ask: "when was the beginning?", I cannot answer your question unless I know the object which you would like to know it's beginning of. A correct question would be: "what is the beginning of the universe?" Now that is a question I can, theoretically, answer.

When we talk about objects we call easily assume that there is a definite beginning and an end of the object. But when we refrain from objects and go more abstact we see that without objects there is no beginning and therefore no end, only a constant change.

Evolution has no beginning and no end. It is in constant development. It has its up's and down's though.

I do understand, however, that my statement can look contradictive if not looked through from the proper perspective.
Robanan wrote:Evil men can prevail only and only when good men do nothing (not my quote)
Good men are not good men when they do nothing, infact, they are evil men.
Don't read my signature.
Robanan

Alisima wrote:Like the famous guy said before, "the only thing that is constant is change."
"Change" is constant in our universe and maybe beyond it, but it might not have been always like this. It is easy to notice that It quite might have been the very first change that started the whole universe and the existence of it's creator.
The original author of that quote had his observations which I deem to be not complete.
Alisima wrote:Secondly, Let me remind you that my statement of the constant movement is not limited to movement from something to nothing, but also from nothing to something.

When you would ask: "when was the beginning?", I cannot answer your question unless I know the object which you would like to know it's beginning of. A correct question would be: "what is the beginning of the universe?" Now that is a question I can, theoretically, answer.

When we talk about objects we call easily assume that there is a definite beginning and an end of the object. But when we refrain from objects and go more abstact we see that without objects there is no beginning and therefore no end, only a constant change.

Evolution has no beginning and no end. It is in constant development. It has its up's and down's though.
You are correct in general but still... the very existance of a thing (even a thought, an idea, ... anything) is enough evidence for it to have come to existence and may go out of existance, even development of a one and the same thing is something that had a primitive starting state up to it's current developed form. Evelotion constantly marks the end of something "old" and the beginning of something "new". Evolution itself must have started some day though we don't see it's end since we might be an integral part of it, therefore still in the process.

I'm saying that "Beginnings" and "ends" happen often enough to be considered constantly happening in our universe. How am I supposed to believe that there is no beginning and no end if it is something I witness all the time?
Alisima wrote:Good men are not good men when they do nothing, infact, they are evil men.
Agree, read the following:
Swami Rama wrote:"Inner strength, cheerfulness and selfless service are the basic principles of life. It is immaterial whether one lives in the East or West. A human being should be a human being first. A real human being is a member of the cosmos. Geographical boundaries have no power to divide humanity.
yet some humans allow Geographical boundaries to devide them from humanity. So I agree if such kind of people may not be theoretically considered as humans.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Kestrel

I think that quote is just some times used, then its not really understood by the users. My so called leader, Pres. W Bush, used that once himself.

I also think it acts very sensational sometimes. If were talking about good and evil choices ectera its easy to branish something as evil. Sometimes the choice you make isent correct, but that dosent nessicarly qualify it as evil.

Then again if you're saying religon is a group of evil individuals, then there are other religons and people who are agnostic and athiest, you might consider them evil too for not being a good person and doing something to the evil individuals, see that statement I just dont understand it in this context I think it brands everyone evil.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Robanan

never said religion is a group of evil individuals, I think Religion is evil in general. I agree with Thao (the real one) on This. Please note that a religion in general does not have anything in common with the people following it. I don't know a single religious person doing his/her religious duties 100%
Robanan

The boldest hoax
For decades, a fossil skull discovered in Piltdown, England, was hailed as the missing link between apes and humans. Entire careers were built on its authenticity. Then in 1953, the awful truth came out: "Piltdown Man" was a fake! But who done it? In "The Boldest Hoax," NOVA gets to the bottom of the greatest scientific hoodwinking of all time.

-You can read the full article here
Vesko

Thank you, Robanan. I've learnt about it from the "Human Devolution" book I've mentioned, which describes many other hoaxes to push forward the theory of evolution, as does its prequel, "Forbidden Archaeology". I've read that there are contemporary textbooks that still cite the Piltdown man, even after more than half a century, as support for evolution :).
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
trumpet_is_cool

I read a few day`s ago an article that scientists have figured out that the DNA of a chimp and a Human is to 97,8 % identical...How is this very close relationship explainable without evolution ? And how can the statement out of TP (the modern Humans cames from another Planet) resist against this facts ? Why do we have similar instincts compared to apes ? Why do we have, for example, Still hairs at our legs and arms ?

Honestly i don`t know who is right and who is wrong...I can`t explain the cambrian explosion but i can`t deny that between Humans and Apes is a very high degree of biological relationship that leads to the conclusion that we have really developed from a ape to a human species....

P.S.: I did read "Forbidden Archaeolgy" but it didn`t made thing`s more clear...
Robanan

Can you tell the difference between the human Intellect and the Ape Intellect?
trumpet_is_cool

Robanan wrote:Can you tell the difference between the human Intellect and the Ape Intellect?
Let`s keep it simple and just discuss the physical Appearence, i don`t think that anyone can explain what a thought is, for sure not just a chemical reaction...Basic Instincts (like escape or attack) / feels (fear...) are - from my point of view - just chemical reactions and are both the same at animals and humans...

But maybe has also the Intellect made an evolution, notice how much inventions was made in the last century compared to the inventions made 6000 or more Years ago...
Vesko

You have asked a very similar question before on the topic 'Results of Science vs. "Thiaoouba Prophecy"', and I have answered it. But it seems that the extremely large similarity that you had read a few days ago has made you doubt the answer. There is an existing answer to your present question on the forum -- I have quoted the similarity at 99% in an old post on the topic "Ant Lungs" in the "General Discussion" forum, but my answer is virtually the same. To make it clearer, the very large similarity does not make any difference to the argument.

So you have finished reading the book and things have not become any clearer? Perhaps your expectations had been too high and you had been looking for some 100% conclusive answers? As far as I remember, the book covers the similarity issue, and the explanation is not unlike the one you see here.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Yothu

Vesko wrote:I have quoted the similarity at 99% in an old post on the topic "Ant Lungs" in the "General Discussion" forum
I second that. It is not an easy thing to grasp. I have had to read it at least four times until I got it.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
bomohwkl

trumpet_is_cool wrote:I read a few day`s ago an article that scientists have figured out that the DNA of a chimp and a Human is to 97,8 % identical...How is this very close relationship explainable without evolution ? And how can the statement out of TP (the modern Humans cames from another Planet) resist against this facts ? Why do we have similar instincts compared to apes ? Why do we have, for example, Still hairs at our legs and arms ?

Honestly i don`t know who is right and who is wrong...I can`t explain the cambrian explosion but i can`t deny that between Humans and Apes is a very high degree of biological relationship that leads to the conclusion that we have really developed from a ape to a human species....

P.S.: I did read "Forbidden Archaeolgy" but it didn`t made thing`s more clear...
I think, physical appearance is just a tool. Imagine I give an identical pensil to each of two persons. One is skilled artist while the other is not. Both are using the same pensils but only the skilled one will produce a masterpiece. The analogy is still valid even I give a less prefect pensil to the skilled artist. Of course, she/he has to exert extra effort to produce a masterpiece of equal quality (as if using a prefect pensil)

Then, the question is how can we train ourselves to be masterpieces among billions of human beings?
trumpet_is_cool

I think, physical appearance is just a tool.
I do 100% agree with that, but i`m also interested how the tool developed.
Vesko wrote: But it seems that the extremely large similarity that you had read a few days ago has made you doubt the answer.
Yes...Possible....The Evolution thing puzzles me a lot, science seems to have better proofs (DNA Test`s etc...)

I will read the topic`s mentioned from you at another day...Too busy with unimportant things like work at present :-(
bomohwkl

I do 100% agree with that, but i`m also interested how the tool developed
It seems that there arent much difference in the tools between Human and Apes. I don't know how the tools developed, not even biologists themselves.

However, I recommend a book- The Body Electric.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s&n=507846

The Body Electric tells the fascinating story of our bioelectric selves. Robert O. Becker, a pioneer in the field of regeneration and its relationship to electrical currents in living things, challeges the established mechanistic understanding of the body. He found clues to the healing process in the long-discarded theory that electricity is vital to life. But as exciting as Becker's discoveries are, pointing to the day when human limbs, spinal cords and organs may be regenerated after they have damaged, equally fascinating is the story opf Becker's struggle to do such original work. The Body Electric explores new pathways in our understanding of evolution, acupunture, psychic phenomena and healing.

I wish I would have involved in such a fascinating field. A highly recommended book for everyone who has read Thiaoouba Prophecy and The Freedom of Choice.