Chakra Stimulation & OBE MP3 Files?

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Yothu

Chakra Stimulation & OBE MP3 Files?

Dr. Chalko seems to be skeptic about such recordings. As I understand he says that they can screw up your natural ability to attain these altered states of consciousness on your own. If this is so, then why is it so? Anyone tried such Chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 files yet?

From the TFOC Reader's Forum:
I have read both `Freedom Of Choice` and `The Joy of Perfect Health` and I loved both books. I would like to know your opinion on meditation tapes that claim to create a deep state of meditation through low level frequencies. It sounds too easy. [Paul Collins].

Yes it does. Nothing can replace your conscious effort. My approach is not to make my mind too dependant on gadgets. [Tom]

But the great Thaori said that technology should be used to assist spirituality....using meditation tapes to achieve deep state of meditation..and normally...this is used by most beginner...advanced meditatator tends not to use it [bom].

I am not sure if the "tape" is really any "help" with conscious evolution.

I tried some tapes and gadgets after several years of everyday meditation and I found that they set me back. They create certain "habits", "patterns" and "expectations" that eventually narrow down your experiences and limit the Freedom of your mind.

My understanding of using the "technology to assist in the spiritual evolution" is to use it to communicate ideas (like in this Forum for example)
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Vesko

I've never tried to meditate to music because I find it distracting. I can see how you'd need to divide your attention between the music and your inner self. According to Swami Rama and the age-old Himalayan Tradition, it is impossible to truly meditate to music or any other external stimuli such as an image, etc. See my other post on meditation with excerpts from his book "Meditation and Its Practice."
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Yothu

I can see your point Vesko.

These soundfiles are not meant to be a meditation aid, I think. Rather they stimulate each major chakra from root to crown.

I have made positive experiences when I listened to it. I felt stimulation 'coming up' from my root chakra to the brow. I did it mostly before going to sleep and fell asleep before I consciously could feel a stimulation of the crown (well I do not know if this is even necessary).

If you want to give it a try, you can download "Boxed Nirvana II Download Page".
Last edited by Yothu on Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zark

Re: Chakra Stimulation & OBE MP3 Files?

I would think of such things like training wheels on a bike. They can be handy at first, but after a while you must take off the training wheels to prevent you becoming dependant on them.

Naturally I am concerned about some our crude technologies, especially if they do in fact effect our chakras. How can one verify the safety of these devices? If we were able to see the aura then we could see clearly if it was doing us harm. Or better still if we could contact the HS, then we would have the best advice available.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Zark

Vesko wrote:I've never tried to meditate to music because I find it distracting."
Yes I can see what you mean.

My thoughts..With these tapes (if they work), the external vibrations are acting on the Chakras. But we are too immature to differentiate beneficial vibrations from harmful vinrations. We can expect that most Natural vibrations (sounds/light) would be designed to be beneficial, but we can not expect that to be true of man made technology.

Another thing that concerns me is that the flow of information is the reverse of what we want. With these tapes external stimuli is acting on the Chakra, so the flow of information is from outside (from external to internal).

But surely what we really want to put effort into is having our 'inner sound' express itself through the Chakras - ie: to let information flow from our spirit (from internal to external). The information flow is of course meant to be both ways.

Lately I have been finding that the more I learn to express my 'inner voice' the stronger I am in a spiritual sens, and the more I passively watch TV the weaker I become.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Yothu

I can see your point Zark.

What I believe is that these tapes help you to reproduce a certain "effect". I'm not saying: "Watch passively TV until you sleep away."

Seriously: I have to admit that I knew certain effects before I listened to the file, but it gave me memorable sensations I can reproduce when needed. I say a good teacher is better than any tape or book, but if you don't know or have one in your vicinity you can at least try to teach you yourself.

Kind regards
Yothu

This page
http://www.xtrememind.com/freeware.htm
claims that their "DNA Activator"-MP3 makes not only use of "The Balance Frequency" and "The King's Chamber Frequency" of a frequency at 528Hz "which is the precise frequency utilized by genetic scientists to mend DNA", they state.

Opinions anyone?
bomohwkl

The propagation of acoustic waves along the DNA molecule a viscous environment
Kamluk AN, Nemtsov VB
BIOFIZIKA
48 (1): 35-39 JAN-FEB 2003

Document type: Article Language: Russian Cited References: 10 Times Cited: 0

Abstract:
Low-frequency vibrations of the structural elements of the DNA molecule in a viscous solution were investigated. It was shown that shear, twist and extension waves can propagate along the axis of the molecule. The mutual influence of acoustic waves on each other was analyzed. Formulas for determining the sound velocity and the attenuation coefficients for these types of waves are obtained.

Harmonic analysis of DNA dynamics in a viscous medium
Shih CC, Georghiou S
JOURNAL OF BIOMOLECULAR STRUCTURE & DYNAMICS
17 (5): 921-932 APR 2000

Document type: Article Language: English Cited References: 32 Times Cited: 2

Abstract:
The harmonic dynamics of normal modes of double-stranded DNA in a viscous fluid are investigated. The model DNA consists of two backbone-supported DNA strands coiling around a common helix axis with base stacking, sugar puckering, interstrand hydrogen bonding, and intrastrand sugar-base interactions assigned values based on published data. Assuming that the DNA bases are shielded from direct bombardment by the solvent, analytical solutions are obtained. The dissipation and fluctuation of the normal modes of the bases moving along the spirals display the effect of the medium indirectly through interactions with the backbone. The dynamics of the backbone are found to be overdamped with the characteristic damping times extending to the picosecond region for disturbance in position and to the sub-picosecond region for disturbance in velocity. In addition to the dynamic mode of a rigid rod, the motions of the bases are coupled to the motions of the backbone with comparable amplitudes for disturbance in position. For disturbance in velocity, however, the bases are effectively at rest, not being able to follow the motions of the backbone. The angular frequencies of the underdamped vibrational modes, identified as the ringing modes of the bases with the backbone effectively at rest, are insensitive to the viscosity and lie in the low frequency region of the Raman spectrum. These findings indicate that the backbone of DNA plays a significant role in modulating the dynamics of double-stranded DNA in an overdamping environment. This modulation of the dynamics of the motions of the bases in DNA by environmental impediments to molecular motion is briefly discussed in connection with protein- and drug- DNA interactions as well as gene regulation.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any published articles of healing effect of acoustic waves. Above are the closest papers on how the DNA interact with acoustic waves.
Alisima

Sadly these people at xtrememind.com have misunderstood the point. Probably the audio files supplied by xtrememind.com will have certain effects, and may even bring yourself to your center, at ease, relaxed. However, they work from the wrong way around, exactly the opposite actually. It is not you who will become whole when your mind is balanced, it is your mind which will be balanced when you become whole.

Meditation does not happen in the mind. And certainly is not due to the mind. Meditation is no-mind.

However, there is a chance you will get in to a meditative state when you are listening to these audio tapes. But I tell you, it is not due to the tapes, the tapes can't relax, the tapes can't accept, you can. It is due to you.
Don't read my signature.
Robanan

yothu wrote:...I felt stimulation 'coming up' from my root chakra to the brow...
I feel the very same thing each time I listen to the music I really like and resonate with. I like my own trance compositions most. I used to play and compose such music when I had the equipment available. I used to have a set of my own drum and bass streams. I could enjoy such a state for hours as long as I kept on playing the melody along intuitively. A few times I also experienced muscular spasms all over my body lasting for about a few minutes (self-hypnosis?).

Now I understand that music is music and meditation is meditation. I wouldn't like to associate my meditative state with any specific stimulated state of my chakras, specially if my chakras are stimulated externally by music or any other such means of chakra stimulation.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Yothu

What Are Binaural Beats?

The sensation of auditory binaural beats occurs when two coherent sounds of nearly similar frequencies are presented one to each ear with stereo headphones or speakers.

The brain integrates the two signals, producing a sensation of a third sound called the binaural beat.
[1]

Just a remark (most of you will know it anyway): To my understanding a low frequency sound that normally cannot be perceived by the human ear and brain is achieved by playing two higher frequency sounds, one into the right the other into the left ear. If you, for example, play a 16.000 hz sound into the left and a 16.007 hz sound into the right ear, the brain tunes in into that 7 hz sound difference.
Binaural beats originate in the brainstem's superior olivary nucleus, the site of contralateral integration of auditory input.

The binaural beat is neurologically conveyed to the reticular formation which uses neurotransmitters to initiate changes in brain-wave activity.
[1]

[1] http://www.monroeinstitute.org/research ... aural.html

Professional Papers and Research
dloheb

My latest conclusion is that

a) these programmers actually don't really know what they're doing

b) some of the programs have the same effect as drugs