Michel's Own Statements

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

bomohwkl

Analysing the dream world will one day result in Lucid Dreaming. Have you ever had such an experience??
I don't have sufficient conscious resource to have lucid dreaming for almost 2 years. Thanks for the loud noises I had put myself in :cry: I only can recall it everyday.
Meedan

Re: Michel's Own Statements

Meedan wrote:We know that Thiaoouba Prophecy is a coherent book, but Michel's statements about his experience that he makes outside of the book often seem to be problematic.

This is a quote from one of the interviews he did (we discussed things from it in another post also), found at http://goldenplanetforum.com/library/de ... 0_1995.txt :
Did you have an interest in UFOs and extraterrestrials before
your abduction?

No! When people would speak of such things, I would smile. I
did not think it was impossible, but I thought it was probably
not so.
...and this is from Thiaoouba Prophecy: (emphasis mine)
I had often spoken with friends of ‘flying saucers’ and was persuaded that they did, in fact, exist - but when you are actually faced with the reality, so many questions cloud your brain that you think it will burst.
Anyone?
Does anyone have any comments on Michel's statements above, I'd love to either confirm or solve this 'problem'.

Just out of interest: I know nobody here is straying from the topic intentionally (obviously), but I suggest you take a look at what is going on at the TFOC forum right now. Tom is only printing tiny portions of what I am saying and you'll notice that he is greatly straying from the topic. Even if something I say turns out to be wrong, his filtering procedure IS very biased. http://www.bioresonant.com/cgi-bin/star ... forum.html

I'm just thankful for this forum. :)
With Love
bomohwkl

Quote:
your abduction?

not so.

Quote:
I had often spoken with friends of ‘flying saucers’ and was persuaded that they did, in fact, exist - but when you are actually faced with the reality, so many questions cloud your brain that you think it will burst.

Anyone?
Of course, when you are burst with thousands of unaswered questions and contradictions and self-verification is a problem too.................that's one hint thattell whether the story they are telling is true or not or useful for self-development. Of course, UFO exists but whether strory told by friends of ‘flying saucers’ is true or not is another matter!
Alisima

[quote="bomohwkl]I only can recall it everyday.[/quote]

Well that is certainly a start.

Have you tried lucid inducing techniques??
Meedan

bomohwkl wrote:Of course, when you are burst with thousands of unaswered questions and contradictions and self-verification is a problem too.................that's one hint thattell whether the story they are telling is true or not or useful for self-development. Of course, UFO exists but whether strory told by friends of ‘flying saucers’ is true or not is another matter!
I'm not sure I understand your answer.

In Thiaoouba Prophecy, Michel says:
I had often spoken with friends of ‘flying saucers’ and was persuaded that they did, in fact, exist...
and also (less relevant though):
Now I have the proof of what I had suspected for so long regarding the existence of parallel universes, the duality of our beings, and other unexplained occurrences.
But in the interview, Michel answers the question with the opposite.
your abduction?

not so.
Don't you think there is a contradiction between the first quote and the third quote? I certainly can't think of any excuse for Michel yet.
With Love
bomohwkl

One is Micheal's perception before and one is after the abduction. Of course, if you start to read/hear other alien stories, your mind will start going burst. I am sure you have experienced that before. Do you know why?
Meedan

bomohwkl wrote:One is Micheal's perception before and one is after the abduction. Of course, if you start to read/hear other alien stories, your mind will start going burst. I am sure you have experienced that before. Do you know why?
Michel is saying that before the abduction, he did not have an interest in, nor believed in UFOs.

Michel is also saying that before the abduction, he did have an interest in, and believed in UFOs.

There IS a contradiction between those two statements I just made, and I think those two statements do summarise what was said. You need to show me how those two statements are totally different to what Michel said.
From the Interview:
your abduction?

not so.
With Love
bomohwkl

Sorry I mis-intepreted, I need to read in context.

Confusion and persuasion. When you are persuaded you often cannot stand on a single ground for long. Your mind is changable.
Meedan

bomohwkl wrote:Sorry I mis-intepreted, I need to read in context.

Confusion and persuasion. When you are persuaded you often cannot stand on a single ground for long. Your mind is changable.
I don't understand that at all.

Before the abduction, Michel was persuaded that flying saucers existed. That means that before the abduction, he thought that flying saucers did, in fact, exist.

(also note that he says that he had 'often' spoken about it with friends, which also suggests interest)

Now re-read the interview quote.
With Love
Yothu

Meedan wrote:This is a quote from one of the interviews he did (we discussed things from it in another post also), found at http://goldenplanetforum.com/library/de ... 0_1995.txt :
your abduction?
(emphasis mine, yothu's)

not so.
...and this is from Thiaoouba Prophecy:
There are so many factors involved that you probably have not included in your thinking. Imagine an interview situation. There is somebody in front of you recording every word you say and waiting for you to answer his questions. There are his feelings, your feelings, his personality, yours as well, your partner reacts to everything you say, maybe the interviewer has a pre-made opinion to many things you say etc. It might be possible for you that you simply feel different about something when talking about it to a person you don't know very well plus when you're being recorded and know this. It could be that different aspects of the same memory pop into your mind at a given moment.

I think that these quotes of Michel prove near to nothing. To me it is not even problematic.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Meedan

yothu wrote:I think that these quotes of Michel prove near to nothing. To me it is not even problematic.
It certainly doesn't prove anything, it's just an argument. I try not to simply assume that an argument is correct, without opening it up to scrutiny.

The schizophrenia quote then is the last one not yet discussed:
From TFOC Forum. Tom is talking about Michel.
He also insists, that what we call "schizophrenia" (experiencing multiple personalities) is not a disease, but actually the effect of experiencing feelings of other people via their common Higher Self. [Tom]

The main problem with that statement is that Schizophrenia is not about experiencing multiple personalities: "SCHIZOPHRENIA IS NOT "SPLIT-PERSONALITY." There is a common misconception that schizophrenia is multiple personalities or a Dr. Jekyll-Mr. Hyde syndrome. This is NOT accurate. In fact, multiple personality disorder is an entirely different disorder."

If - however - we excuse this statement as a misunderstanding of terms (were the Thiaooubians inaccurate with language again?), then we can take it to be talking about 'dissociative identity disorder' or 'multiple personality disorder'. Even with Michel's statement corrected, it is still unlikely to be true:

First of all, whether you think this phenomenon is about experiencing feelings of other people or not, it is still - in the vast majority of cases - a negative experience.

Also, this multiple personality condition is very often linked and traced back to a traumatic experience. The disorder has been cured by addressing these problems.

The alternative 'personality' that the subject feels (many scientists disagree that there is one), is an alternative way of perceiving the subject's OWN life. The feelings are related to the events in the subject's life and there is no suggestion that the personality's feelings are referring to anything else.

These are some references to the disorder:

http://www.sidran.org/didbr.html
http://www.swvacfip.org/Manual/MI/appen ... hrenia.htm
http://www.psychologyinfo.com/schizophrenia/
With Love
Kestrel

Were only human, we aren't perfect.

Michael isent perfect either, he just has alot of insight.

You could get carried away and think back and not have it perfect in you're mind about certain things. I think it appears as a contradiction indeed, however I dont think its that big. In such a case you could have felt many diffrent ways at diffrent times in you're life. For instance when he was a child, when he was in the french army, when he was in africa, when he was in australlia thoughts and feelings, persecptions change. I have no clue whats with this case.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Yothu

KesTrel wrote:I think it appears as a contradiction indeed, however I dont think its that big.
Meedan, you'd give a good lawyer. ;)
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Leo

Hi all, heres my two cents....

Michel as he wrote in T.P. is a messenger. While writing the book he was guided by Thao through telepathy. While talking at conferences, media interviews etc, he was guided by his own memory of events, situations and circumstances. He is human and fallable like us all on this planet. Memories dwindle with time and age and sometimes we think we remember a situation in our mind, yet it can be slightly different in reality, that is why Thao guided him during the writing stage.

If you liken this planet to a kindergarden as compared to say Thiaoouba as a University. Kindy kids come up with all sorts of ideas, that are way beyond their years of understanding, that are simply incorrect, yet most adults just smile and say "yes dear" or "sounds good" etc... knowing full well that in time they will realize the truth on their own. That can be likened to us Earthlings. Without the ability to be able to communicate with our teachers (Thiaooubians) alot of stuff being said is just not correct. In the time of Mu, they could communicate with the Thiaooubians both through the Pyramid and face to face as they stated they visited the King on many occasions. Yet Earthlings now can not have a two way conversation with our teachers to understand what we need to learn.

Maybe we don't need to understand certain things just yet, but in time and on another catagory planet we will. Imagine teaching Quantum Physics to a kindy kid that just isn't ready to understand yet, he/she needs to learn other things first, before even contemplating physics. Ever thought that is why Thao didn't answer all of Michel's questions?

This is the reason I have stopped reading T.F.O.C. readers forum, it is my opinion the Tom feels the need to answer all posts that he allows, and if you disagree with his answers... tuff... don't get me wrong, Tom is probably a very knowledgable guy and might have the answers to all questions. But he also might be very wrong in all or some that he says, I don't know as yet. One day maybe in this life or future lives I might know.

I read this forum (and occasionally contribute) not because Vesko answers all questions and only allows certain posts (as Tom does), but because a group of people willing to put forth ideas and experiences that we can all share and make up our own minds. If it makes sense or we can verify it fine... if it doesn't, move on. We all have the Freedom of Choice. Don't ever loose that choice. At school I listened to ideas from my fellow students, but had them verified by my teachers or through experiences, shouldn't we all do the same about our spirituality? I know I do. :D

In finishing, not one person born of this planet now or in the past knew all (not even Jesus born to Mary), some knew certain things others knew other things, some memories created in this life will be kept, the majority will be discarded. My only hope is that I carry the insight and memories I have gained through reading such books as T.P. and posts (that I have verified to be correct) submitted on this forum.

With love to all
They have eyes, but they do not see - ears, but they do not hear...
Bastian

Our memories are pretty faulty from time to time. I write down stuff in my diary, and years later think 'did that happen to me??'.

Having a faulty memory has its advantages though as the burden of bad memories is reduced. Actually, I had figured that *might* be the reason for the 'river of oblivion'
KesTrel wrote:I think it appears as a contradiction indeed, however I dont think its that big. In such a case you could have felt many diffrent ways at diffrent times in you're life. For instance when he was a child, when he was in the french army, when he was in africa, when he was in australlia thoughts and feelings, persecptions change.
That is how I feel. I could not have expressed my feelings better than this 8). I could also describe contradictory statements about my past beliefs that would be also be true- eg:

"I used to be an atheist, and when people would talk about God I would just smile and think how silly, that probably isn't so"
.. and ..
"I used to read from Hindu and Buddhist texts, and talk to friends about whether there is a God and I was persuaded that a Creator probably did in fact exist"