Inner Sound

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Alisima

Inner Sound

For the past week i've been focusing on my inner sound.

In the Freedom of choice tom said you need to hear where sound is coming from.

Well, i tried that. A couple of times. And i would say my left ear, or left hemisphere. But then suddenly i heared it also coming from my right ear. Although at loss less intense.

Sometimes i hear all kinds of tones, some far away and some in the center of my head.

But what to do next?? Is there any correct way, or should i just continue doing whatever i think is right??
Don't read my signature.
Zark

Hi Alisima, A synonym for the term inner sound is 'inner voice'.

Yes I have found this to be very important. The more I learn to listen and express my 'inner voice' the less I have trouble with anxiety. Not sure why. I rambled on about my views on this in another thread : Chakra Stimulation & OBE MP3 Files?
However, in practice the Nada Yogi places his or her focus upon what is termed the anahata nada or the inaudible (or a more literal translation: 'unstruck') sound. That is to say a sound that is not made as a result of two or more objects striking one another. It is, in fact, a sound not coming to the human ear from outside of the body but, rather, from within.
quoted from: http://www.frankperry.co.uk/nada_yoga.htm
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams

Zark wrote:Hi Alisima, A synonym for the term inner sound is 'inner voice'.
I doubt this very much. I think there is a very profound difference. Perhaps you elaborate more on this as I might miss your point Zark.

For me the inner voice is actually really a voice that whispers to me, inspires me and guides me. It is more like a very personal, loving, powerful and caring friend to me, whereas the inner sound is something impersonal to me, signalizing 'mere' closeness or a certain state of mind to me.

What do you say?
Alisima

I dont hear a voice. It is a sound, a tone. Somewhere between 6000-8000 Hz. It gets louder when I am calm and softer when I am not so calm.
Don't read my signature.
Vesko

I think there is indeed a difference between inner voice and inner sound, as the Guest above says, the sound being just that, a sound.
Alisima, have you tried to have OBE recently or had intensive meditation practice, because I read on a mailing list some time ago (no, it was not on the Astral Pulse) of people having problems with constant sound like that after having attempted such things. I've had electric and air turbine-sounding noises when attempting OBE or having (short) ones, but nothing prolonged having to do with sounds like that.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Robanan

Once an Inner Voice stopped me from commiting suicide. I was even commanded to go to wash my face and stop crying. I said "It's Just that I love you Lord". the voice said "I know, I Love you too".
:oops:
I listen to and concentrate on the Inner sound every night before sleep and I enjoy myself very much. :wink:
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Vesko

OMG Robanan, that must have been an absolutely life-changing exprience! Good for you! And welcome to the forum, friend!!!
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Alisima

Vesko wrote:I think there is indeed a difference between inner voice and inner sound, as the Guest above says, the sound being just that, a sound.
Alisima, have you tried to have OBE recently or had intensive meditation practice, because I read on a mailing list some time ago (no, it was not on the Astral Pulse) of people having problems with constant sound like that after having attempted such things. I've had electric and air turbine-sounding noises when attempting OBE or having (short) ones, but nothing prolonged having to do with sounds like that.
Well, i have tried OBE's. But i found out i couldnt get into trance deep enough. Although i did experience the vibrations, increased heartbeat, etc. I never really got out though. After that i deceided to meditate and try to get into deep trance, not only for OBE's but also for general relaxation. When i succeed i will pick up OBE projection techniques again.

I can't remember when i first heard the inner sound. I guess somewhere in my childhood. Ofcourse, i just thought it was normal. So i didnt elaborate on it. Until recently. (http://www.coloringtherapy.com/find_the_inner_sound.htm ) for more information.
Don't read my signature.
Vesko

Thank you for the informative link.
Robanan

Thank you Vesko for your warm welcome! :D That experience had an effect in my life and the "effect" taught me (showed me) why some of my wishes did not come true, and I learnd to be careful with my wishes. but that's another story. It happened two years before I found TFOC.
:)
The link above leads to very useful information indeed. :D
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Leventis

I read this yesterday so I thought I would give it a try before I went to sleep. I read one article that you have posted here. I tried to relax but not fell as sleep. In the beggining I would bearly hear a sound. What is called in the article the snake sound. At some point it got really loud and I though I would go deaf. I remembered my dad telling me that this sound is caused from damaging your ear, now I am kind of confused :p Anyways I was able to hear it again but not of that high pitch. It was kind of an interesting experience.
I think there is indeed a difference between inner voice and inner sound, as the Guest above says, the sound being just that, a sound.
Could someone make this more clear?
Leventis
The only good is knowledge and the only evil ignorance.
-Socrates
Vesko

From what I understand from things I've read and digested, the inner voice is either what we call intuition, or actually a real voice of the HS. It is more than just a sound frequency or frequencies as the inner sound is (see Alisima's link about the inner sound above).
Alisima

I read this yesterday so I thought I would give it a try before I went to sleep. I read one article that you have posted here. I tried to relax but not fell as sleep. In the beggining I would bearly hear a sound. What is called in the article the snake sound. At some point it got really loud and I though I would go deaf. I remembered my dad telling me that this sound is caused from damaging your ear, now I am kind of confused :p Anyways I was able to hear it again but not of that high pitch. It was kind of an interesting experience.
A damaged ear would sound just like noise (put you cd-player on pause and turn up the volume). The inner sound is more a clear tone.

Whenever I concentrate on the cross, or whenever I meditate, I do not only hear the inner sound but also feel some pressure on my brow chakra. I guess this is all good. Robert Bruce would say "energetic development".
Don't read my signature.
Leventis

Its what we like to call "the sound of silecne" It wasn't like noise, and the wierd thing is that it got louder as I concentrated on it. I tend to hear this but not pay too much attention when I meditate too. On the cross exercise I tend to listen to calm music so I know how much time I am doing it. I think I should just use an alarm as when I am meditating. ( don't reply on the last 2 sentences so we don't go out of topic) :)
Leventis
The only good is knowledge and the only evil ignorance.
-Socrates
Alisima

I think I should just use an alarm as when I am meditating.
I think you should not. Imagine someone sleeping very peacefully, dreaming the most pleasant dream he ever dreamt. Suddenly you wake him up with a irritating beeping sound. A sound that will not stop unless he moves...
Don't read my signature.