The Power of Now

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Karolas

The Power of Now

I have recently read 'The Power Of Now' by Eckhart Tolle as I'm sure some of you have. It did strike me as a truthful book on how to find enlightenment. The author uses many phrases/parables from various spiritual teachers (Jesus and Buddha included). He says that many of them point to being in the now or being present. While I was intrigued by what he was saying I couldn't help ask myself why there wasn't much, if anything on this in the freedom of choice or Thiaoouba prophecy. Has anyone read this book?
Meedan

Yes, I've got that book. The idea behind it is very useful, it really does make you happier, by forcing out any other worries. I wrote a bit on this book in one of the older topics.
Meedan wrote:Regarding anxiety, I used to - until very recently - have a problem with anxiety. One of the things that helped me to relieve a lot of it was the concept of 'living in the now'. It seems to be almost impossible to worry or have anxiety when your awareness is on the present.

The book that told me the most about this concept is "The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment" by Eckhart Tolle. However, I'm sure there may be a few other books better than this one as the author seems to put in a lot of beliefs and clouds the meanings of terms. With this book it is a bit of a task to find the gems amongst the pile. Not much of a recommendation is it :lol: .
With Love