Soulmates?

Everyone is related to someone else even if neither one knows it. Here's a place to discuss aspirations toward the perfect relationships with our fellow beings.

Moderator: Moderators

Alisima

Robanan wrote:Sorry Alisima, I don't think that it would be blissfully satisfying, since throughout the process you would be aware of the point that your partner is simply your other half and not another individual. I personally won't even try to Masturbate with myself in my own mind it sounds stupid.
Why should I do something stupid? just because it seems possible?
And what about normal sex-dreams (where you have sex with a dream character)?? The oneiric partner is still someone created by you. Yet most people still like those dreams.

Perhapse it is stupid. I dont know yet. Will get back on this though.
Don't read my signature.
GreatIntellect

Vesko wrote:Right, "twin soul" and "twin flame" are more than a soul mate.
Whoa, whoa, whoa... There's a difference? What's the difference?

All this time I thought you guys were talking about the same thing! :shock:
Vesko

See http://healing.about.com/od/soulmatetwinflame/ and http://www.kelleyrosano.com/twinflames.html (linked from the first page). Supposing they are definitive, that is, for which I am not very sure.
Regardless, I'm after a twin flame ;). And yes, it ought to be from the opposite sex (female), no exceptions for me :).
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
GreatIntellect

WOW. That makes a LOT more sense, especially in my life right now. Thanks Vesko! :D

I love that feeling when everything suddenly clicks. :)
bomohwkl

Extremely skeptical about the concept of twin flames.
...Moulin Rouge are modern day examples of twin flame love...Twin flames throughout history and literature are often tragic love relationships.
I have to say, after much investigations and observations, the "love" portrayed on the Moulin Rouge is nothing close to love. It is mainly composed of infatuation (oh yes..it is very intense as you cant stopped thinking of the person until u have insomia, stress, jealousy logically blind, high flying expectation, possesiveness and often leading to self-destructive behaviour, often it is because you havent yet understood the person enough!) Such kind of 'love' had toppled so many great people.
However, great lessons can be learned from such kind of "love" experience in the journey of seeking what is real love.
Last edited by bomohwkl on Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kestrel

bomohwkl wrote:Extremely skeptical about the concept of twin flames.
...Moulin Rouge are modern day examples of twin flame love...Twin flames throughout history and literature are often tragic love relationships.
I have to say, after much investigations and observations, the "love" portrayed on the Moulin Rouge is nothing close to love. It is mainly composed of infatuation (oh yes..it is very intense as you cant stopped thinking of the person until u have insomia, stress, jealousy logically blind, high flying expectation, possesiveness and often leading to self-destructive behaviour, often it is because you havent yet understood the person enough!) Such kind of 'love' had toppled so many great people.
However, great lessons can be learned from such kind of "love" experience in the journey of seeking what is real love.
Great post Bomo ;)

Then theres the fear of not finding that love. Perhaps that could be a lesson of life though?
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Robanan

bomohwkl wrote:
However, great lessons can be learned from such kind of "love" experience in the journey of seeking what is real love
OUCH! You touched my heart bomo. I experienced so much pain and agony in "the journey of seeking what is real love". Now that I look back I see that all the pain was simply the result of my own misunderstandings with myself! All that is left of those times now are a few scars, and the memory of countless tears, a few poems + the understanding, that I can ONLY allow myself to LET love happen in my life (providing the conditions for love to happen). I also understood how to love everyone (not necessarily a member of the opposite sex). Can you imagine how I felt myself when I first read the "Designing for Love" chapter of TFOC after all that I experienced in my life? :oops:

Alisima Wrote:
And what about normal sex-dreams (where you have sex with a dream character)?? The oneiric partner is still someone created by you. Yet most people still like those dreams.
Love and Sex are different things Alisima. The combination of the two is most desired. Then again, Why would one choose to live a physical life if one could simply imagine numerous lovers and have sex with them and be perfectly happy and satisfied about it? Can it be because -in order to experience love- the REAL existence of other INDIVIDUALS in the process is NECESSARY? do you know WHY?
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Alisima

Robanan wrote:Love and Sex are different things Alisima. The combination of the two is most desired. Then again, Why would one choose to live a physical life if one could simply imagine numerous lovers and have sex with them and be perfectly happy and satisfied about it? Can it be because -in order to experience love- the REAL existence of other INDIVIDUALS in the process is NECESSARY? do you know WHY?
Yes, if have read TFOC too. And i understand what you are saying.

But i didn't meant total isolation!! Even if something is wrong you can still learn from it. I think it is worth investigating to multiply myself in a dream (which is a neat feature on its own) and then expirement with BOTH of my feelings. Like i said, ill report back to you.
Don't read my signature.
bomohwkl

Then theres the fear of not finding that love. Perhaps that could be a lesson of life though?
You are very special from the eyes of higher-self. There are much love in the highr-self, we just need to be in contact with it consciously and learn to understand more about higher-self through our conscious interaction with higher-self.

My question is whether I can duplicate the sensation of love from the higher-self to a real physical person? Much interesting things can be learned!!! Through that, I am sure I can learn much about my higher-self. The person I choose to test that is the luckiest person in the world!
At the moment i am verifying the need of mutual acceptance understanding, respect, appreciation, admiration before love can exist through interaction with selected few.
Vesko

bomohwkl wrote:I have to say, after much investigations and observations, the "love" portrayed on the Moulin Rouge is nothing close to love. It is mainly composed of infatuation (oh yes..it is very intense as you cant stopped thinking of the person until u have insomia, stress, jealousy logically blind, high flying expectation, possesiveness and often leading to self-destructive behaviour, often it is because you havent yet understood the person enough!) Such kind of 'love' had toppled so many great people.
Out of the your list above, insomnia and stress can be positive, too. If you ask a psychologist (I have), he'll tell you that those are not bad things because they can help you to find a solution. By contrast, jealousy, logical blindness, high flying expectation, possessiveness are always, always bad. However, those negative-only thoughts would occur only in people who are not mentally developed enough to understand their destructive harm. If a twin-flame kind of love sparks between two sufficiently bright people, a perfect all-pervading love can happen without any negativities. The soul mate type of love is just not that all-pervading love that can happen in the flame scenario, but either one doesn't necessarily have to end in self-inflicted tragedy.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
bomohwkl

If a twin-flame kind of love sparks between two sufficiently bright people, a perfect all-pervading love can happen without any negativities
Unfortunately, I haven't yet encountered a single real life example of it yet....surely it is a rarity. Mutual soulmates are already rare. I found out that I can be easily be other soulmate just because i am very understanding person who likes to understand persons but whether the person really makes an effort to understand me is another question. Hence, mutual soulmates are quite rare. Of course, I have refined qualities of the person who are capable of becoming my soulmates. I am able to search and access the potential of the persons. The question is how do you know someone is your twin-flame. Can you access the potential of the person being your twin-flame? What make the feeling so intense at first sight perhaps? Is such intense feeling is love? What are the condition required for love to exist? Is there any mutual respect, understanding, apppreciation, admiration? I am quite sure that the first few interactions where you feel such an intense feeling is just infatuation. It takes TIME to understand each other!!! Do you know why it feel all-consuming? If you have ever experience such intense and bizzare feeling and if you takes time to look within yourself, you will find the answers within you. It is everyone home-work!

P.S Infatuation sparks instantaneously. Love takes time to develop .....
Vesko

I can really relate to your post above, Bomohwkl. The only thing that we have to remember is that rarity is not impossibility, and aim for it if it is so good. If we fail, we will at least have tried. :)
bomohwkl

The only thing that we have to remember is that rarity is not impossibility, and aim for it if it is so good. If we fail, we will at least have tried.
The question is how to find? How do you make it such that you have a greater chance to find it? If you know the answers everyone in this forum would be glad to hear. :)
Alisima

The question is not how to find it. But why do you want to find it??
Don't read my signature.
Kestrel

Great explination Bomohwkl.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao