The Coming Disasters

Discussion on preserving Nature: preventing the pollution, destruction and disbalancing of the finely-tuned natural ecosystems on our planet.

Moderator: Moderators

GreatIntellect

The Coming Disasters

Thao wrote:There, they are making a big mistake, for the source of the coming disasters is the pollution which is growing daily on your planet, and its consequences will be felt very soon - much sooner than you can imagine.
Pollution or not, that massive earthquake in the Indian Ocean the other day made me reflect on the above passage... It was the worst earthquake in 40 years, and the 4th worst in the century. (Or well, 1900s at least).

Anyways, there have been so many more disasters that have been getting consistently more frequent and growing in intensity. This earthquake, hurricanes and typhoons everywhere, volcanoes, flooding. Is this the sort of thing that we, the enlightened users of this forum, should be monitoring? Should we start compiling a list of natural disasters that are "out of the ordinary?" Might come in handy some day or something. I don't know.

On second thought, this may just be depressing. :shock:
Leo

Maybe my thoughts on the "Atomic War or Core Blast" forum might need a slight modification. Maybe neither is likely to happen. Overheating of the planetary core might be possible, but logic suggests the G.I.'s (the real one :) ) design would have incorporated the likelyhood of overheating of a planets core, with a good possibility that surface abnormalities (ie. Volcanic eruptions, Earthquakes, etc...) are a biproduct of subsurface problems. From what I understand of Earthquakes is that the majority is caused by techtonic plates moving against each other, and this latest one in Asia might be either the start of what is to come or the continuation of previous eruptions/earthquakes around the planet.

I once read many years ago that the more active a volcano/earthquake region, the less chance of a really big one happening in that area. Vesuvius is very inactive and look what it did to Pompeii. Logic suggests that if Toms theory on the planets core is correct, more and more Earthquakes/volcanic eruptions are bound to occur in the Earths near future. Maybe another continent might be lost (as in Mu's case) or another continent maybe formed. If it occurs in the next 100 years only the Thiaooubians will know for sure.
They have eyes, but they do not see - ears, but they do not hear...
Kestrel

Its disturbing. I read that not to long ago, that there was a earthquake that measured 8 on the ricter scale between Australia and Antartica. Yesterday the earthquake measured 9.0 (New estimates from the United States Geological Survey)

I understand that it was due to around 600 miles of earth crust moving. Intresting situation, we will have to watch. Perhaps, the peices to the puzzel are begining to fall into place.

Where dose our final choice lay ? I wonder, how intresting to be a guest in such a situation.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Yothu

Kestrel wrote:I wonder, how intresting to be a guest in such a situation.
I'd prefer being a guest...
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Kestrel

Perhaps I mis worded that.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Vesko

Leo wrote:Maybe my thoughts on the "Atomic War or Core Blast" forum m ight need a slight modification. Maybe neither is likely to happen. Overheating of the planetary core might be possible, but logic suggests the G.I.'s (the real one :) ) design would have incorporated the likelyhood of overheating of a planets core, with a good possibility that surface abnormalities (ie. Volcanic eruptions, Earthquakes, etc...) are a biproduct of subsurface problems. From what I understand of Earthquakes is that the majority is caused by techtonic plates moving against each other, and this latest one in Asia might be either the start of what is to come or the continuation of previous eruptions/earthquakes around the planet.
When you say "the majority is caused by tectonic plates moving against each other" you are absolutely right, but only according to the beliefs propagated by our contemporary scientific dogma. I don't want to sound like Tom Chalko (and he sounds perfectly well, but I don't want to imitate him), but please see my post
Why Don't We Consider the Lost Continents Seriously? in this forum (Planetary History).
I once read many years ago that the more active a volcano/earthquake region, the less chance of a really big one happening in that area. Vesuvius is very inactive and look what it did to Pompeii. Logic suggests that if Toms theory on the planets core is correct, more and more Earthquakes/volcanic eruptions are bound to occur in the Earths near future. Maybe another continent might be lost (as in Mu's case) or another continent maybe formed. If it occurs in the next 100 years only the Thiaooubians will know for sure.
The current understanding of the scientists regarding those matters is far more a black art than a science, but the mainstream are certainly not considering planetary gas chambers that support the mass of the continents, so I would say they really know nothing of what really happens below our feet. On page 47 of Chapter 3, "The First Man on Earth", there's the following words of Thao that I think 100% support the theory of Churchward that Mu sank because the underground gas chambers below it collapsed. Also, those same words in "Thiaoouba Prophecy" inform us that our geophycists are WRONG about plate tectonics as the sole reason and that uniformitarianism is WRONG. Of course, the way Thao says it does leave room for a bit of interpretation, but at least I think that things are clear.
'It must have been a frightening sight for them to watch Earth change before their eyes. How long did it take for the continent [Mu] you mentioned in the Pacific Ocean to emerge?'
'Merely a matter of hours. This continent was raised by gaseous belts resulting from upheavals, occurring as deep as the centre of the planet.'
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Vesko

You can check any encylopaedia to see that deep gas chambers, not to mention belts of such gas chambers encompassing the entire planet, or as Churchward named them the Great Gas Belts, are not considered to be a primary reason for volcanoes and earthquakes.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
bomohwkl

I wonder why Thiaooubians took such an effort to show Micheals the two disasters that killed the civilisations. Probably to give hints to us on how to prepare from the coming disaster?

An overheated planetary interior is bound to produce far more serious seismic events than the one on 26 Dec 2004. A 10m tsunami is quite small. Global seismic activity is related to the process of the planetary interior trying to cool itself.

Watch Antarctica. Any significant earthquake there can displace huge glaciers (that already melt from underneath) to the sea. In such a case we will see not only tsunamis on all oceans, but a permanent raise in sea level combined with a wobble in Earth's axis of rotation. Our so-called "civilization" may be 50% gone within 24 hours...
Anyone has information about earthquake in Antarctica. What is the worst earthquake experienced in Antarctica?

From other source
A tsunami is a very big wave that can wash away a entire city in less than 5 minutes. It is like a Pacific flood. A tsunami can go more than 5 hundred miles. A tsunami can cover a 5 story building.
I also read long times ago, the earth crust cannot withstand richer scale more than 9. Have anyone found the most powerful earthquake experienced on earth since the sinking of Atlantis?What is your estimate of tsunami that hits the Atlantis? What was the tallest tsumani ever hit on land since the sinking of Atlantis?

Good source of free-e book
http://www.prh.noaa.gov/pr/itic/library ... books.html
Vesko

Look how small the humongous tsunamis from the book are (Chapter "The First Man on Earth")
'The simultaneous impacts were terrible. The sun became a dull red and slid towards the horizon like a falling ballon. Soon, it stopped and climbed slowly, but when only to half the distance, it 'fell'. The Earth had suddenly changed the inclination of its axis! Explosions of incredible force occurred, for two larger pieces of asteroid had pierced the Earth's crust. Volcanoes erupted in Australia, New Guinea, Japan, South America - indeed, just about everywhere on the planet. Mountains formed instantly and tidal waves more than 300 metres in height swept over four-fifths of Australia. Tasmania separated from the Australian continent and a huge portion of Antarctica sank in the waters, creating two immense underwater canyons between Antarctica and Australia. An enormous continent rose from the waters in the centre of the South Pacific Ocean [Mu]. A huge piece of Burma subsided where the Bay of Bengal is now. Another basin of land subsided and the Red Sea was formed.'
See the chapter for more description of those horrific cataclysms.

Note also this:
'Out statistics indicate an almost total annihilation of human-kind and of animals in Australia. A count taken when calm was restored, indicated a mere 180 people had survived.'
Then in the chapter "Delving into the psychosphere":
The ground began to shake and rumble. Three more volcanoes surged from beneath the surface of the ocean near the coast, only to be engulfed by the waters as quickly as they had appeared. At the same time, it caused a tidal wave of about 40 metres in amplitude to surge towards the coast with an infernal noise. Before it reached the town however, the land beneath us began to rise.
Marcus

Quote:
'The simultaneous impacts were terrible. The sun became a dull red and slid towards the horizon like a falling ballon. Soon, it stopped and climbed slowly, but when only to half the distance, it 'fell'. The Earth had suddenly changed the inclination of its axis! Explosions of incredible force occurred, for two larger pieces of asteroid had pierced the Earth's crust. Volcanoes erupted in Australia, New Guinea, Japan, South America - indeed, just about everywhere on the planet. Mountains formed instantly and tidal waves more than 300 metres in height swept over four-fifths of Australia. Tasmania separated from the Australian continent and a huge portion of Antarctica sank in the waters, creating two immense underwater canyons between Antarctica and Australia. An enormous continent rose from the waters in the centre of the South Pacific Ocean [Mu]. A huge piece of Burma subsided where the Bay of Bengal is now. Another basin of land subsided and the Red Sea was formed.'
Small hint from our friends, notice how "tidal waves of more than 300 metres" was quoted. Lets head for higher grounds!
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.