Powerful Healing?

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

bomohwkl

Powerful Healing?

List all the powerful healing you ever experience (most powerful first...). We can compare and get a general feeling what we might miss....

For me.

1. Five Tibetan
2. 2 weeks Juice Fasting
Vesko

For me (so far; subject to additions):

Iyengar yoga
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Marcus

For me:

(1) change of thoughts, clear spiritual thinking. Can regress sometimes.
(2) some form of physical exercise, weight training.
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Alisima

Here are mine (in random order):

Energy work
Meditation
Yoga
Concentration
Diet (No meat and more natural products)
At least 8 hours sleep a day (normally I would have nights with only 4 hours sleep)
And ofcourse, positivity :D
Don't read my signature.
Aisin

for me:

1) mental health (identifying the purpose of life & universe, rid of depression)
2) lifestyle (good diet, sufficient sleep)
3) close to nature (jungle trekking, relax by the sea, immerse in a stream, or sometimes as simple as spending a night in darkness or minimal artificial lighting)
4) concentration & meditation
5) physical exercise, stretching & sweating (yoga & other sports)
6) breathing exercise / deep breathing

i haven't felt any SINGLE of the above to be omnipotent healing tool, maybe 'cos i didn't do it in great intensity, however a combination of a few of them are powerful enough for me.
Lachie

for me:

1) constant masturbation

thats it.

No, seriously, my greatest health coups, as it were, would be becoming vegetarian, increasing my protein intake via soy powder, and taking something called Herbal Fibre Blend (magic stuff!). When i'm on HFB i find i can eat a lot of bad things, and it'll have little effect.

Lach
God is a games designer =]
Zark

1. Fasting
2. Fruit fasting
3. Diet restrictions

Diet restrictions:
Since I have an autoimmune disorder (spondylitis) the most powerful healing for me has come from diet modifications. This particular disorder stems from harmful gut flora - hence the diet modifications work by modifying the gut flora. My guess is that most autoimmune disrders relate to poor gut flora.

Fasting:
You may find it strange but fasting had enormous benefits to my mind. I know it sounds odd, but it is true. My mind was clear, and my ability to focus was super sharp; anxiety and moodiness were also gone. Oh, and also all the spondylitis inflammation cleared completely, as did associated skin problems.

Whilst right now my mind is really quite dull compared to when fasting... it is still a big improvement on my previous condition. Things were much worse prior to making diet restrictions.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Zark

Low GI food == Clear mind

Thiaoouba Prophecy pg 107
Our food here is prepared in such a way that the calories contained in the food are released at regular intervals over a two-day period. We continue to be nourished without overloading our stomachs. This also allows our minds to remain clear and alert and, after all, our minds must be a priority - isn’t that so?’ I nodded my agreement.
Maybe this is a bit off topic but.. whilst experimenting with diet restriction I was able to confirm what Thao said about keeping the mind clear. They eat food that releases it's calories very slowly, in other word the food has a very low Glycemic Index (aka: GI value).

As a general rule, the more processing a food has received the higher its GI value and likewise the more detrimental its effect on the mind.

oops, could u guess that I am a programmer.. :P
z
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Leventis

GI hmm funny :) Well my dad has been using a diet with the GI. He did lose a lot of weight. Supposely the pangreas (I hope thats how its in english too) works better that way. It seems to be very effective. My simblings also tried it and lost weight as well. THe good thing is that you don't get that heavy stomack so it seems that its working. :)
Leventis
The only good is knowledge and the only evil ignorance.
-Socrates
bomohwkl

Diet restrictions:
Since I have an autoimmune disorder (spondylitis) the most powerful healing for me has come from diet modifications. This particular disorder stems from harmful gut flora - hence the diet modifications work by modifying the gut flora. My guess is that most autoimmune disrders relate to poor gut flora.
I wonder whether you can direct a website with useful information about gut flora.
Fasting:
You may find it strange but fasting had enormous benefits to my mind. I know it sounds odd, but it is true. My mind was clear, and my ability to focus was super sharp; anxiety and moodiness were also gone. Oh, and also all the spondylitis inflammation cleared completely, as did associated skin problems.
No doubt. Done a lemon maple juice fast. The clear of mind was definetely there after a week. But I only discovered that drinking distilled water enable me to have a clearer complexion while fasting and mainly vegetable diet fails...
Yothu

Lachie, could you tell me more about this Herbal Fibre Blend stuff? :wink:

As for me, most powerful healing:

1. Reiki
2. Crystal Healing
3. Friendship and Love

and a good cup of coffee in the morning
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Zark

bomohwkl wrote: I wonder whether you can direct a website with useful information about gut flora.
Gosh, I don't know where to start.. perhaps we could start another thread on this. But should it be under spirit/healing or under 'unrelated topics'

ok, I suppose start with probiotics and prebiotics:
* Kefir probiotic
http://users.chariot.net.au/~dna/kefirpage.html

* probiotics and prebiotics
http://members.shaw.ca/duncancrow/probi ... ation.html

* Avoiding bowel dysbiosis with Inulin.
(dysbiosis kind of means poor gut flora)
http://members.shaw.ca/duncancrow/inuli ... iotic.html

* Inulin- A Comprehensive Scientific Review ****
Excellent info and graphs. Very comprehensive information. Very long and detailed info here, and it is targeted more for the scientists.
http://members.shaw.ca/duncancrow/inulin_review.html
Leo

Is Reiki really as powerful as some people say it is. Is it similar to spiritual healing as written in T.P.?

I ask this because I am going to start a level 1 Reiki course next week and would love to hear some peoples perseptions of it. Has anyone learnt Reiki or just seen a Reiki practitioner?
They have eyes, but they do not see - ears, but they do not hear...
bomohwkl

i have no idea about reiki but I think it is best to learn how to heal yourself first and learn to communicate with your HS. Besides, Tom said that miracle healing is done via negotiation of the patient HS. I think, a great knowledge is required to obtain consent from the patient HS before the patient HS is willing to perform the miracle healing. Sometimes, such healing could set back a person conscious evolution. I guess we need to know how to negotiate with HS first.
Zark

bomohwkl wrote:Sometimes, such healing could set back a person conscious evolution. I guess we need to know how to negotiate with HS first.
My feelings exactly, try to think of things from the perspective of the HS - put myself in his shoes. It may cause the HS considerable suffering to associate with people who are greedy and materialistic - which in turn causes a blockage in the communication between us and the HS...
from TP pg 78:
‘Your Astral body, which inhabits every normal human being, transfers to its Higher Self all the sensations that are experienced during a lifetime in a physical body. These sensations pass through the immense ‘filter’ of nine Higher-selves before arriving in the etheric ‘ocean’ that surrounds the Spirit. If these sensations are based essentially on materialism, the Higher-selves have enormous trouble filtering them, just as a water filter clogs quicker if it filters dirty water than if the water was already clear.
Personal experience seems to verify this. The more time I spend thinking about the people close to me, and the little things which I appreciate about them, etc.. the more open the communication to the HS has been.