Feeling Out of This World?

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

bomohwkl

Feeling Out of This World?

Have you ever practised concentration and then meditation and then concentration and then meditation in continuous fashion but waking out from the process as if you are out of this world????
Marcus

Re: feeling out of this world?

bomohwkl wrote:Have you ever practised concentration and then meditation and then concentration and then meditation in continuous fashion but waking out from the process as if you are out of this world????
I haven't, just the conventional concentration then meditation.

Please describe a little more. What do you mean "out of this world?" Do you mean hhigher feelings and thoughts as such?

Marcus
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
bomohwkl

as if you have slept more than 12 hours a day....
Vesko

...or less than 1.2 ;)?
NJones

I felt out of this world last Friday after doing my Tibetan five exercises. I have been doing these since reading about them on this forum last November. I felt really energized which shocked me as I have never felt something like that before. Hard to describe really.

Anyway this lasted until Friday night when I went to a noisy restaurant. The moment I walked in I felt very uncomfortable. I found the music and people were too loud. No one I was with seemed to mind however. It was like I was out of sync with the whole place.

After a couple of glasses of wine I felt more in tune with my surroundings. But Saturday and Sunday I felt dreadful and it has only been today when I have felt normal again.

Those exercises are not to be taken lightly!

Nicola
Marcus

Vesko wrote:...or less than 1.2 ;)?
When I am sleep deprived I seem experience more potential OOBE. Full body vibrations/paralysis and strange field of view. Thoughts are deeper.
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Leventis

No but I wanted to note something. In the book and also Tom Chalko.. They mention how it is important to meditate first and then concentrate. My understanding is that if your mind is clear it is easier for you to concentrate deeper. When you enter a cycle like this though.. You end up doing both so.. I dunno :) Just my opinion. I also read it about a week ago on a book same concept.. First meditation then concentration..
‘First if you want to ‘elevate’ yourself, you must meditate and then concentrate, which is different, although often the two are confused. You do not need to go to a special place, for the greatest and most beautiful temple of man is inside himself. There, he can enter into communication with his Higher Self, by concentration; asking his Higher Self to help him surmount his Earthly, material difficulties. But certain people need to communicate with other human beings, like themselves, and they can meet together for this purpose. Those [13] who are more experienced, will be able to give advice, but no one should ever adopt a position as master.
Leventis
The only good is knowledge and the only evil ignorance.
-Socrates
Rezo

I know exactly what that feeling is like, that out of world feeling.

Its because your kundalini energy rises up so powerfully [relative terms] that you end up not being grounded anymore.

I think - and have had conversations w/what I feel are high level martial artists about it - that happens because after such a strong meditation/concentration session, one doesnt come out of it properly.

One way to remedy this I would assume, is to practice gradual normalization afterwards, of course, which Im sure we think were doing after were done [there may be a temptation to just go faster coming out of it in our subconscious during these times] and the other --- which I do occasionally [Im not a very serious meditater right now] is the QiGong exercise of Zhan Zhuang, standing meditation, I do the tree posture which is great [when I have the patience].

During that in a way forces your mind back into mundane matters because your body is in a somewhat unfamiliar standing configuration, involving minor but palpable muscular balancing/stresses. This makes my mind relax a bit but at the same time, at least the way Ive experienced it, 'wake up' to physical existence on a more basic level.

Its amazing how the mind is able to meditate [clear the mind] and concentrate [activate a dynamic yet focused goal structure] at the same time. I can see how if you concentrate on any task long enough, step back and see how different from normal reality you feel.......and its interesting, because, your intention has to be clear before, and during the time you undertake any serious [or non-serious] task that requires *sustained* concentration. For best results of course, meditate long enough before concentrating to make it easier.

I guess its like after working out, I wish I could learn a few mental exercises, maybe visualizations, that could help to 'stretch' my mind after such a deep activity. Ive always had a bit of a rough time consciously visualizing successful images in my mind, like those 'happy place' concepts or 'fantasy' type ideas as goals.

Long post didnt realize --- I must have been concentrating on those concepts so much I didnt realize how much I was writing :)